Urus

a007apl

I am sure you know a lot more than a lot of us so I trust you, it will be interesting to see how the market reacts to it, the more I look at the configurator the more I like the options etc. but still paying $500k for one (where I am ) is not an easy pill to swallow, other parts of the world are much luckier so the sales might thrive there.

Where are you? I thought you were in the states?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In anticipating the Urus I had lined up a buddy to take my Bentayga order in the event the Urus came through, which I feel it did. Folks can compare it to an Audi this or that but it's a Lambo, fact. Folks can say what if, why this, why that, but it's a Lambo and it's unique. I love my CTS and it's the best SUV I have had to date (multiple RR's in the past) but as it's been stated here a few times, the Cayenne's all look alike (just as the RR) unless you know what to look for though mine is unique because it's spec'ed out in black and dark this and that. This won't be the issue with the Urus, it will stand out as a Lambo SUV in a class all by itself and the question of which model of Urus it is won't need to be asked (which model of Cayenne/RR do you have?).

Being a gadget freak I love the options available and of course the optional Panoramic Roof, which just opens up the inside tremendously. As a daily, interior comfort and features are very important to me. I am still awaiting the towing capacity number though I am sure it's at least 7k+. I know on the Bentayga, that electric towing bar that's the same on the Urus isn't available on the US models, it has a fixed towing setup that we're all accustomed too. Wondering if the same will be on the US versions of the Urus.

Many of us were skeptical with the images of the Huracan when it was first released yet it has grown on us. The Urus will do the same.

As for the price and the market being flooded, I doubt these will be seen left and right on the streets as you do the Cayenne and RR's. Probably see these about twice as often as you see a Huracan.

:iamwithstupid: well done

They all need black wheels!

That being said.

Black is my color including everything painted black. Just wish that chrome piece along the side could be blacked out from the factory.

The wheels. The only black wheels are available in 21" at least for now. Performance wise, what am I losing by going 21" rather than 22"?

Anyone with some insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Total cheezzy shit box.

This.

Similar to all other SUV's with 70 too many lines. Looks like a vacuum cleaner. It could be X6 with russian bodykit.

If you want suv I get you want it but they never will look good, they never will perform and never be exotic. Car essentially might be decently fast but who in their right mind would ever drive one in such manner? Rewarding? Never.

Just give it a few weeks. These will be all over Beverly Hills being driven by trophy wives on their way to hair appointments. :lol2:

Ferruccio is getting blisters in his grave.

This.

Similar to all other SUV's with 70 too many lines. Looks like a vacuum cleaner. It could be X6 with russian bodykit.

:lol2:

Best description I've heard yet

:lol2:

Ferruccio started his activity as a tractor producer with Allied WWII military surplus engines, so it would be very proud of this king of Super Sport luxury SUV.

Everyone has his own taste, of course, but this car is NOT something you can compare to anything on the market today.

Ciao

It'll be interesting to see if Ferrari jumps on to the SUV bandwagon, my money is on yes they will. And Winkelmann is now heading Bugatti so who knows maybe they'll be a Bugatti SUV or 4 door sedan in the near future.

It'll be interesting to see if Ferrari jumps on to the SUV bandwagon, my money is on yes they will. And Winkelmann is now heading Bugatti so who knows maybe they'll be a Bugatti SUV or 4 door sedan in the near future.

Supposedly Ferrari is working on the "FUV" (Ferrari Utility Vehicle). Since they said they would never build a SUV, I guess that name is how they technically don't build a SUV. It will be hard for them to build anything as good as the Urus though.

But it is also a bit sad that now anyone can own a Lamborghini, it think it really started with Huracan being so useable, it always was that whenever I met owners no matter of race, background, etc all seemed to have certain personality traits and something in common that brought you to the brand. You had to really want to own the car as it was a bit silly in anyones book.

Ferrari people often aspired to own the brand whereas Lamborghini in general people owned because they wanted exactly what they had and liked the car. Now everyone from housewives to youtube kids are riding round in them as if I'm totally honest it kind of ruins the brand for me as I really don't want to be associated with the new generation of owners that i have nothing in common with and I'm not even sure like cars they just like flash stuff to put on social media.

^^ This nails it.

Your characterisation of the current breed of owners has long been a source of sadness to me. In fairness it doesn't apply to all but there is a sizeable proportion that fall in to the category you describe. I take comfort from knowing that the youtube kids, wide boys, rich daddy brats and shady characters have short attention spans and will soon move on making the cars available to true enthusiasts on the second hand market.

As far as the Urus goes. I attend a good number of Lamborghini gatherings during the year. Whether on a drive out or a park up car show there is nothing more glorious than the sight of a group of Lamborghinis together. And although the models are all different individually as a group there is a commonality to the design. Or the feel of them. Or some intangible. Even the most disinterested member of the public, regardless of age or gender, seem to recognise a Lamborghini when they see it even if they don't know the name of the model. For me this is one of the things that make Lamborghini unique in the car world.

Taken in isolation I have nothing against the Urus. I am sure it is a fine SUV. But take off the bull badge and the makers name and ask the public to name the brand and I bet, other than diehard petrolheads, most wouldn't have a clue. And how many 8 year olds will have a picture of the Urus on their bedroom walls?

Thing are what they are. The world moves and there is no option but to accept it. I just wonder what I will make of it when I am sandwiched between a pair of Urus at a Lamborghini meet next year.

I agree 100%

I know the Urus concept has been consistent since inception, but I always thought the idea of a new LM002 made more sense, both as a nod to the brand and from a marketing stand point.

In the vein of the "Rambo Lambo", it should be big, powerful and masculine. What Lamborghini should've done is out-G-wagon'd the G-Wagon... You think your G65 is bad ass with that V12? Mine's bigger (and more powerful)! You think your G550 4x4^2 is bonkers? Mine is more bonkers! The market segment is much less crowded and (IMO) less prone to comparison shopping... No one really cross-shops a G63; you either 'get it' or you don't, but they're so cool and unique, there's nothing to compare to... No one even cares that they're garbage to drive filled with out-dated tech LOL.

Instead, the Urus will inevitably be compared to the Range Rover SVRs, Cayenne Turbo S', Bentaygas, and even GLE 63S & X5/6Ms... Way to go Lambo; you've inserted yourself into a segment mostly populated by vehicles costing less than half.

Mega missed opportunity to do something different. Something "Lambo"

This 100%

The fact that it has a twin-turbo v8 kills it for me too. Its a Lamborghini for crying out loud throw the v10 or v12 in there...

I'm sure it will look great in person but it definitely wont scream Lambo and you will have to do a double take to make sure it wasnt an Audi or BMW.

I really don't think so, he was a business man, he would've done this in a heartbeat, don't forget he started with building tractors.

It's good to be a dreamer but dreams don't pay the bills.

I've heard Ferrari will have one 2019/2020

I really don't think so, he was a business man, he would've done this in a heartbeat, don't forget he started with building tractors.

:iamwithstupid:

I always look at the product and not the consumers of the product. Lambo still makes the most bat$hit awesome car on the planet. I don't care about YouTubers and social media whores acquiring them, that element will be there and by that standard they will ruin everything. If you want the opposite of that, then come to L Power :icon_thumleft:

Lamborghini's are still an event...when you get off the internet and just go around town...how many do you see? I live in LA and it's still an event to see one in the wild (unless you guy to a few select spots where you have a 99% chance of seeing one).

The plus side of this is the company has more cash so it can stay around and secure it's future, they can have funds to build really cool and crazy stuff, and it makes the used market a better deal for folks that want to get into one.

i am digging this Urus...it has Estoque design elements (especially from the side) and it's got insane number. It's like the X5M and X6M...it should not exists...yet it does. I don't think I'd ever by one for myself, but I certainly would enjoy thrashing it around on a test drive...

Thats why I am poor, but anyway can you imagine... :D

Thats why I am poor, but anyway can you imagine... :D

I know you are saying as a joke because you are not poor, far from it, you probably don't even know what it means to actually be poor LOL, making money is always about your state of mind and your attitude towards life in general.

Once you learn that you will stop being "poor" as you call yourself.

amen.. IMO Ferrari already made the FF station wagon so the FUV will be around the corner with a TTV8 power plant as well.

once the urus comes out I feel most will love it (just like the SV)

I cant wait for a SV/performante model of the Urus! now that will be sick!

Supposedly Ferrari is working on the "FUV" (Ferrari Utility Vehicle). Since they said they would never build a SUV, I guess that name is how they technically don't build a SUV. It will be hard for them to build anything as good as the Urus though.

I don't see Ferrari doing this.

They've never relented on the AWD issue, except for their 2+2 FF/Lusso.

Ferrari talks a big game about being a racing company that produces road cars with that mentality, and have backed that part up for the most part. They are the supposed "softer" company of the two big Italians, yet they've got RWD up to 1000 hp for the street, while the rival topped out at the SE30 Jota/GT.

Ferrari building an SUV would be as dramatic a shift in corporate philosophy as anything in their history, IMO.

BTW, we sorta already have a Ferrari SUV - Maserati Levante.

And a sedan - Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio.

The FIAT umbrella allows Ferrari to make cars outside of its norm, and it's already well known that they've had a hand in Maserati engines and the Giulia's suspension tuning (with the engine lopping off two cylinders off the California V8).

Ferrari couldn't even sell a non V12 car in the '60s up to mid '70s without resorting to the Dino brand. These cars were not considered "real" Ferraris for quite some time.

So if these proxy vehicles aren't enough and a Ferrari badged SUV comes out one day, then Ferrari truly has changed and I'll be the first one to call them out on it.

They've never relented on the AWD issue, except for their 2+2 FF/Lusso.

Ferrari talks a big game about being a racing company that produces road cars with that mentality, and have backed that part up for the most part. They are the supposed "softer" company of the two big Italians, yet they've got RWD up to 1000 hp for the street, while the rival topped out at the SE30 Jota/GT.

Ferrari building an SUV would be as dramatic a shift in corporate philosophy as anything in their history, IMO.

BTW, we sorta already have a Ferrari SUV - Maserati Levante.

And a sedan - Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio.

The FIAT umbrella allows Ferrari to make cars outside of its norm, and it's already well known that they've had a hand in Maserati engines and the Giulia's suspension tuning (with the engine lopping off two cylinders off the California V8).

Ferrari couldn't even sell a non V12 car in the '60s up to mid '70s without resorting to the Dino brand. These cars were not considered "real" Ferraris for quite some time.

So if these proxy vehicles aren't enough and a Ferrari badged SUV comes out one day, then Ferrari truly has changed and I'll be the first one to call them out on it.

Ferrari will do a thing like the Urus as soon as it (the car) will be ready, means two or three years, no more.

The FF/GTC was a flop, so they will do what people want when they look for a four or five seaters car: raised side 4x4 supercar like the Urus is

Please note that I didn't write opinions, just facts: Ferrari is already at work...

ciao

Enzo will be rolling in his grave.

He already is.

The more I see of the Urus, the more I likez it...

Fellippe my friend you will feel like a child who discovered for the first time that Santa isn’t real :icon_mrgreen:

Ferrari is a marketing machine, I believe they make more money from merchandise than they do from cars, their new CEO increased production in order to increase profits, they will be doing a Ferrari SUV, people buy these cars, non enthusiasts buy them and they bring in lots of money that’s why many companies do them.

I am guessing it will be the other way around, you will see a rebadged Levante rather than the Levante serving the roll of the SUV, I do hope they will build a brand new platform for it, time will tell.

BTW my absolute favorite modern Ferrari (you can buy) is the FF, ugly to look at but fantastic to drive, if it had 5 seats I’d have one in a heartbeat beat.