Urus

a007apl

Its going to date horribly. By the time it comes out everyone making a 4x4 would have taken those lines and made them worse. I'm seeing similar language on a lot of low/mid price cars already.

They have been better off building on the LM002's legacy than repackaging a Q7.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well...that’s it? To be honest, i’m a bit underwhelmed for my first impression. It’ll take a few weeks for me to mull over the design, but to each his own. I’m sure they’ll move them.

All of this.

All of this.

It looks like a perfectly fine luxury SUV -- if it were an Audi, Infiniti, Hyundai/Genesis, whatever. Precisely *nothing* about it looks Lamborghini.

Lamborghini styling is supposed to instantly up your testosterone levels, make you growl subconsciously, and start some power-metal playing in the deepest recesses of your brain.

Just give it a few weeks. These will be all over Beverly Hills being driven by trophy wives on their way to hair appointments. :lol2:

Car makers today are literally trying to make a car for every buyer...You want an off road car that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds? We have a car for that. You want a 2 door coupe with 4 doors...there's a car for that too (ask BMW). The amount of options today is pretty insane.

For elite brands, you have to know when to say no, or better yet instill an identity strong enough that nobody is going to ask you to build things like that. Maranello is very, very good at that sorta thing.

Wish Sant'#### Bolognese would learn that. They made/make their name building extreme F U cars, yet cave in and build a derivative SUV.

I think with the H & A, they sell enough cars to be financially solvent and not have to cater too much to customers.

I think it is good and bad that they built it at all, although seeing the pictures it is not as good as anticipated but it certainly isn't bad and will be the best performer in the class. On paper it is great, what kills it is the pricing being on par with a huracan, I still think it will be a depreciation bomb at that level and unless it was drop dead gorgeous i just couldn't consider it knowing the price per year for the early years you would have to pay to own it if you didn't keep it forever. Especially as there will clearly be lots of better versions and options coming and so early adopters will get doubly screwed.

Great that they are making money and being able to build really good cars and are now top quality that people want, i'm all for this and diversifying with great projects as long as the core is maintained.

But it is also a bit sad that now anyone can own a Lamborghini, it think it really started with Huracan being so useable, it always was that whenever I met owners no matter of race, background, etc all seemed to have certain personality traits and something in common that brought you to the brand. You had to really want to own the car as it was a bit silly in anyones book.

Ferrari people often aspired to own the brand whereas Lamborghini in general people owned because they wanted exactly what they had and liked the car. Now everyone from housewives to youtube kids are riding round in them as if I'm totally honest it kind of ruins the brand for me as I really don't want to be associated with the new generation of owners that i have nothing in common with and I'm not even sure like cars they just like flash stuff to put on social media.

Also I notice all the Porsche owners that generally hate Lamborghini seem to like Urus which is a bit of a worry!

I do hope that Lamborghini make some truly silly stuff like the Veneno at a price more people could afford and it would go a long way to countering the broad spectrum then now produce.

Today there is no much market for a Sedan, while there is a big asking for the raised side cars: I think we won't ever see the Estoque.

The day after, I like even more the Urus: a big hit, in my opinion.

ciao

Today there is no much market for a Sedan, while there is a big asking for the raised side cars: I think we won't ever see the Estoque.

The day after, I like even more the Urus: a big hit, in my opinion.

ciao

Don't tell Porsche that, they have been selling Panamera's like hot cakes. At least they were relatively innovative when they introduced the Cayenne. Lambo definitely could have done better with this but I am sure once its out it will grow on us just like every other model. I'm sure its a heck of a performer, only time will tell.

Don`t know what you all are crying about, a sedan/GT is coming, just not soon.

In my opinion Urus is the best looking SUV on the market right now or as good as an SUV can look. Tell me of another SUV that can do 0-60 in sub 3 sec and have a top speed near 200 mph that isn`t an electric shitbox filled with plastic shit that breaks down all the time.

Why did they need that super-fancy new 'green' factory to build a clone of the Q7 Audi?

A publicity stunt for tree hugging?

I don`t know, maybe because it is going to be assembled in Italy? Why would you need a new factory for that?

They have been better off building on the LM002's legacy than repackaging a Q7.

I agree 100%

I know the Urus concept has been consistent since inception, but I always thought the idea of a new LM002 made more sense, both as a nod to the brand and from a marketing stand point.

In the vein of the "Rambo Lambo", it should be big, powerful and masculine. What Lamborghini should've done is out-G-wagon'd the G-Wagon... You think your G65 is bad ass with that V12? Mine's bigger (and more powerful)! You think your G550 4x4^2 is bonkers? Mine is more bonkers! The market segment is much less crowded and (IMO) less prone to comparison shopping... No one really cross-shops a G63; you either 'get it' or you don't, but they're so cool and unique, there's nothing to compare to... No one even cares that they're garbage to drive filled with out-dated tech LOL.

Instead, the Urus will inevitably be compared to the Range Rover SVRs, Cayenne Turbo S', Bentaygas, and even GLE 63S & X5/6Ms... Way to go Lambo; you've inserted yourself into a segment mostly populated by vehicles costing less than half.

Mega missed opportunity to do something different. Something "Lambo"

I think the price point kills it, it’s too expensive when compared with its direct competition and it cuts into the Huracan lunch, new comers to the brand will want a Huracan will SUV buyers want a Lambo?

I don’t think too many core Lamborghini buyers are into this thing which leaves them with the dilemma of attracting fresh ones to the brand, this new class of buyers will be more critical and less enthusiastic, much more difficult to convert.

The core segment is getting serviced less and less with a true Lamborghini product which is the V12 machine, the V12 has older tech, performance starts lacking when compared with what’s on the market and the rest of the range is too Audified, hopefully Lamborghini will rip the benefits from the new Lambaudi range and build us a proper genuine hardcore Lamborghini.

Initially they will sell like hot cakes because I see a lot of enthusiasm for it out there, until the market saturates, if the depreciation hits hard then it will be another case of Bentayga, time will tell, I hope they do well with it.

The other issue I see, Lamborghini dealerships are generally small and quite understaffed, imagine the onslaught of new cars on such small places, I guess customer service will suffer, there will be challenges ahead for sure.

I agree 100%

I know the Urus concept has been consistent since inception, but I always thought the idea of a new LM002 made more sense, both as a nod to the brand and from a marketing stand point.

In the vein of the "Rambo Lambo", it should be big, powerful and masculine. What Lamborghini should've done is out-G-wagon'd the G-Wagon... You think your G65 is bad ass with that V12? Mine's bigger (and more powerful)! You think your G550 4x4^2 is bonkers? Mine is more bonkers! The market segment is much less crowded and (IMO) less prone to comparison shopping... No one really cross-shops a G63; you either 'get it' or you don't, but they're so cool and unique, there's nothing to compare to... No one even cares that they're garbage to drive filled with out-dated tech LOL.

Instead, the Urus will inevitably be compared to the Range Rover SVRs, Cayenne Turbo S', Bentaygas, and even GLE 63S & X5/6Ms... Way to go Lambo; you've inserted yourself into a segment mostly populated by vehicles costing less than half.

Mega missed opportunity to do something different. Something "Lambo"

This is perfectly said and I will stick with my Bonkers 4x4^2!

I think the price point kills it, it’s too expensive when compared with its direct competition and it cuts into the Huracan lunch, new comers to the brand will want a Huracan will SUV buyers want a Lambo?

I don’t think too many core Lamborghini buyers are into this thing which leaves them with the dilemma of attracting fresh ones to the brand, this new class of buyers will be more critical and less enthusiastic, much more difficult to convert.

The core segment is getting serviced less and less with a true Lamborghini product which is the V12 machine, the V12 has older tech, performance starts lacking when compared with what’s on the market and the rest of the range is too Audified, hopefully Lamborghini will rip the benefits from the new Lambaudi range and build us a proper genuine hardcore Lamborghini.

Initially they will sell like hot cakes because I see a lot of enthusiasm for it out there, until the market saturates, if the depreciation hits hard then it will be another case of Bentayga, time will tell, I hope they do well with it.

The other issue I see, Lamborghini dealerships are generally small and quite understaffed, imagine the onslaught of new cars on such small places, I guess customer service will suffer, there will be challenges ahead for sure.

Yes, the dealership are small and rare, but I think this will be a problem easy to solve. Depreciation won't be worse than the Range Rover or the Cayenne or a Mercedes S63 AMG one. One year ago, the Bologna dealership already had 18 deposit down for an Urus. An Huracan is just a toy, this is a car: The customers are much more.

I bet on a worldwide sale explosion: There is not a competitor, nothing compares to this car, so I think that manycustomres will spend 250 k for a loaded one, as there isn't anything better.

Just my opinion, of course.

Ciao

In anticipating the Urus I had lined up a buddy to take my Bentayga order in the event the Urus came through, which I feel it did. Folks can compare it to an Audi this or that but it's a Lambo, fact. Folks can say what if, why this, why that, but it's a Lambo and it's unique. I love my CTS and it's the best SUV I have had to date (multiple RR's in the past) but as it's been stated here a few times, the Cayenne's all look alike (just as the RR) unless you know what to look for though mine is unique because it's spec'ed out in black and dark this and that. This won't be the issue with the Urus, it will stand out as a Lambo SUV in a class all by itself and the question of which model of Urus it is won't need to be asked (which model of Cayenne/RR do you have?).

Being a gadget freak I love the options available and of course the optional Panoramic Roof, which just opens up the inside tremendously. As a daily, interior comfort and features are very important to me. I am still awaiting the towing capacity number though I am sure it's at least 7k+. I know on the Bentayga, that electric towing bar that's the same on the Urus isn't available on the US models, it has a fixed towing setup that we're all accustomed too. Wondering if the same will be on the US versions of the Urus.

Many of us were skeptical with the images of the Huracan when it was first released yet it has grown on us. The Urus will do the same.

As for the price and the market being flooded, I doubt these will be seen left and right on the streets as you do the Cayenne and RR's. Probably see these about twice as often as you see a Huracan.

Yes, the dealership are small and rare, but I think this will be a problem easy to solve. Depreciation won't be worse than the Range Rover or the Cayenne or a Mercedes S63 AMG one. One year ago, the Bologna dealership already had 18 deposit down for an Urus. An Huracan is just a toy, this is a car: The customers are much more.

I bet on a worldwide sale explosion: There is not a competitor, nothing compares to this car, so I think that manycustomres will spend 250 k for a loaded one, as there isn't anything better.

Just my opinion, of course.

Ciao

I am sure you know a lot more than a lot of us so I trust you, it will be interesting to see how the market reacts to it, the more I look at the configurator the more I like the options etc. but still paying $500k for one (where I am ) is not an easy pill to swallow, other parts of the world are much luckier so the sales might thrive there.