Kim Jong Un

Roman

No way we counter with nukes. I also doubt we shoot anything down unless its a credible threat, no need to show that hand until we have to.

Drones, A10's, AC130s throwing down ground cover. Some BIG bombs clearing the way, and a few dozen SEAL teams to remove fat boy and his minions.

Might be a little dirty, but it's 100% 'Merica.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NK will be, like the North Vietnamese, a proxy for other powers. We will really be fighting the Russians and/or Chinese.

True, but then again, do you really think that this million-man army is actually fully-trained and able to fight? Or that their 10,000 tanks are fully prepped and ready? We used to think that about the mighty Red Army of the Soviet Union, and after the collapse, learned that much of their military was woefully undertrained and not even battle-ready.

They are trained well enough to shoot a gun. And know they have the choice to fight or starve to death.

And by all accounts they've spent a shit ton of money on the tank/tunnel system. The tanks don't have to drive hundred of miles. They have to drive forward fifty feet. Fire the gun at soeul, drive backwards fifty feet into the safety of their tunnel, reload rinse repeat. X 10,000.

Do not make the mistake that this is some group of derelicts. They spend money on this shit. Every once in a while the South Koreans will discover a tunnel under the dmz that end miles into South Korea. These aren't earthen holes. They're concrete reinforced super tunnels big enough to drive armored divisions through with the only step left being blast open the door. Which they can do within minutes of any conflict starting.

I think they would be shot on site if not doing what they are told. And yep they have proper massive army, it is not fake like everything else. Most propably also really believe into system and that gives them will power.

That country can be bombed but it cant be liberated without footsoldiers. It will be massive proper war. And you go too close to borders, there are China, Russia and Japan asking big questions very fast.

If we do go to war with them and take it over, what do you do with all the brainwashed citizens? I can't imagine trying to bring those people into the real world.

Show them food and it's done.

Show them food and television if you shoot for overkill.

Seoul citizens would suffer that is granted but North Korean citizens would suffer even more and they are 90% malnutrished civils.

Sadly they suffer at the moment already and have been for last 20 years.

I posted this in another thread, but I encourage you all to watch. My wife is of North Korean descent (her mother fled before the border was closed). It is terrifying to imagine going up against a people who have been controlled and brainwashed their entire lives. The only way I see us winning this is pulling another Hiroshima.

Interesting country, on other hand you have starving people, gulags, labor camps, torture and killings. And then you have elite who live in a bubble of progressing country.

They are trained well enough to shoot a gun. And know they have the choice to fight or starve to death.

And by all accounts they've spent a shit ton of money on the tank/tunnel system. The tanks don't have to drive hundred of miles. They have to drive forward fifty feet. Fire the gun at soeul, drive backwards fifty feet into the safety of their tunnel, reload rinse repeat. X 10,000.

Do not make the mistake that this is some group of derelicts. They spend money on this shit. Every once in a while the South Koreans will discover a tunnel under the dmz that end miles into South Korea. These aren't earthen holes. They're concrete reinforced super tunnels big enough to drive armored divisions through with the only step left being blast open the door. Which they can do within minutes of any conflict starting.

Yes to all of this. Seoul is just 30 or 40 miles away. Sitting ducks. Theres no way we dont see mass casualties, plus an instant refugee crisis on the chinese border, which they are not entirely keen on.

North Korea's biggest threat is maybe chemical weapons. They dont agree to any agreements about them and they have tested them on labor camps daily for years and they have metric shit ton of them waiting. Waiting game could mean some of those travelling to big cities in US or EU.

North Korea's biggest threat is maybe chemical weapons. They dont agree to any agreements about them and they have tested them on labor camps daily for years and they have metric shit ton of them waiting. Waiting game could mean some of those travelling to big cities in US or EU.

I would suspect that chemical weapons use against a super power on that countries home soil, would result in a "scorched earth" retaliation in NK

Correct. The more likely scenario in which chemical weapons get used is something kicks off at the DMZ and they hit the south with everything they have. For them to pop an icbm over to us, nuke or otherwise, results in them being wiped off the earth.

I would suspect that chemical weapons use against a super power on that countries home soil, would result in a "scorched earth" retaliation in NK

Not on eu, our stupid leftfield leaders would just ask to bear it and please add *x country's flag* on top of everyones facebook picture on 40% opacity for few weeks and that will do.

There is no military use for a ballistic missile ie " a missile that exits and re-enters the atmosphere" except to deliver a nuclear payload.

This is what the dumbass media doesn't get about NK and Iran. The reason for this is even without a payload a ballistic missile will hit its

target at 5 miles per second also known as 18000 mph the kinetic energy released by the impact will far exceed any conventional explosive. This is what the German's figured when they started launching the V2 in WW2. If NK hit a city without a warhead they would still take out a couple of city blocks the missile itself is a weapon of mass destruction like I said the only military purpose of a ballistic missile is to deliver a nuclear payload this is what Iran and NK have in mind. It would simply be a waste of time and resources to develop

a ballistic missile unless you intended to deliver a nuke.

There is no military use for a ballistic missile ie " a missile that exits and re-enters the atmosphere" except to deliver a nuclear payload.

This is what the dumbass media doesn't get about NK and Iran. The reason for this is even without a payload a ballistic missile will hit its

target at 5 miles per second also known as 18000 mph the kinetic energy released by the impact will far exceed any conventional explosive. This is what the German's figured when they started launching the V2 in WW2. If NK hit a city without a warhead they would still take out a couple of city blocks the missile itself is a weapon of mass destruction like I said the only military purpose of a ballistic missile is to deliver a nuclear payload this is what Iran and NK have in mind. It would simply be a waste of time and resources to develop

Reminds me of the rods from God theoretical weapon. Drop 20 foot long tungsten rods from space on to a target and the Kinetic Energy is devastating

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magaz...9.html?referer=

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2004-06/rods-god

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

So not debating you Roman, just curious about this; so with all that, would there be a way to attack NK before they could mobilize all of those resources? I would imagine it would take some time to get everything ready to go...? Also the missiles they have aimed at SK, are those fueled up, or would they require time to fuel up before firing?

Are there people claiming they are developing a ballistic missile for non-nuclear purposes?

Not on eu, our stupid leftfield leaders would just ask to bear it and please add *x country's flag* on top of everyones facebook picture on 40% opacity for few weeks and that will do.

Not saying it is the case as I have no idea, but given the budget limitations of the EU militaries from what I've read, I wouldn't be surprised if upon threat of an attack, it came out that their nuclear arsenals were not capable of actually firing. EU might well not be able to do anything in such a scenario, because they might not want to launch a nuke back at NK so as not to hurt South Korea and China, but then their conventional military capability is extremely limited.

Jesus

Its like our very own jar jar binks

Do you ever add anything of substance besides the same useless dreck?....

"LOL what a shit show"

"Wheels you're an idiot"

"LOL, what a fcuking mess"

"Trump is a fcuking idiot"

"Republicans are fcuking idiots"

"He'll be impeached next week"

"Im more successful then trump has ever been"

etc.....

My daughter is headed to Yonsei University on the 22nd for 5 months on her study abroad. If that pin head starts something I will personally go over there and fcuk him up.

Do you ever add anything of substance besides the same useless dreck?....

"LOL what a shit show"

"Wheels you're an idiot"

"LOL, what a fcuking mess"

"Trump is a fcuking idiot"

"Republicans are fcuking idiots"

"He'll be impeached next week"

"Im more successful then trump has ever been"

etc.....

At least Im succinct.

:lol2:

Went to the store today ad loaded up on canned avocados...just in case

We are about to harvest. I got plenty to spare if you need some....

I don't see a military solution to this. Ever since W put them on the Axis of Evil list and then took out Saddam, it's been full speed on their nuclear program. This is a generational leadership that is committed 100% to self-preservation whatever the cost, it has presided over several massive famines which have killed millions. They are armed to the teeth and North Korea is not Iraq, US military in a conventional attack will not nearly be as effective. Add to the fact, they've been digging in since the 50's, Seoul is within artillery range.

Tillerson's comments this week were laughable, we'll talk if you stop the nuclear program...never happening.

China doesn't want a reunited Korea as an US ally, just as Russia didn't want a reunited Germany. China is the key, it's beyond me how we get them to the table.

Trump's total lack of credibility on the international stage isn't helping....trolled by the Russians yesterday, the leaked transcripts today, Trump first, 'Mercia distant second. Meanwhile, Trump is off to West Virginia to revive the coal industry.