Kim Jong Un

Roman

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W? North Korea went Nuclear in 1999. When Bill Clinton was President. By all accounts their entire program was started and fulfilled during his administration because they lied to us about their intentions and Clinton believed them. It was one of the biggest foreign policy failures in modern history.

That's not my point. Obviously, NK didn't start in 2001. W's actions made it non-negotiable. Though one could argue it was and is never negotiable considering what the regime is capable of doing to stay in power.

Asking them to stop as a prerequisite to talk..really?

Who was the last president with credibility? FDR? Trump could learn a bit from speak softly but carry a big stick

touché...Trump is the only one that started with none. Agreed on the last point. I'm a big believer in under promising and over delivering.

Trump's total lack of credibility on the international stage isn't helping....trolled by the Russians yesterday, the leaked transcripts today, Trump first, 'Mercia distant second. Meanwhile, Trump is off to West Virginia to revive the coal industry.
The Trump loyalists think they are still fighting against Hillary by trolling the left. All they care about is pissing off the lefties. I am enjoying that show, but I'd like to see actual progress for the country. I do like how the news media are finally seen as capitalist endeavors driven by ratings and revenue, not facts.

Go ahead and check the wiki for the Sino-Japanese war and see how Korea has been a pawn in China vs. Japan for centuries. Chinese sympathetic puppet governments>Gapsin Coup>Nagasaki Incident>Sino-Japan war>1950s UN war that we own. The Chinese are still pissed it is not their puppet anymore, and now they want that iron and coal. The Chinese are all about rebuilding an empire/dynasty, screw that superpower nonsense. Pull out of the penis-ula and see what happens. Nobody gave a shit about the Crimea maybe SK can fight their own war.

Trump's total lack of credibility on the international stage isn't helping....trolled by the Russians yesterday, the leaked transcripts today, Trump first, 'Mercia distant second. Meanwhile, Trump is off to West Virginia to revive the coal industry.

Lack of credibility according to what or who? IMO, he's far more credible than our previous president was, because he is so pro-America and has shown far more that he will not just bend over to the will of the rest of the world. Don't confuse credibility with being liked. Obama was very liked, but I'd say he had very little credibility, which is why the Iranians, Russians, Chinese, etc...never showed him any respect.

Also coal may well make a comeback, IMO it's claimed death is premature. Reminds me of back in 2012 when they were claiming gasoline would remain permanently at $4 a gallon and keep going higher. Commodities industries go through cycles of ups and downs.

touché...Trump is the only one that started with none. Agreed on the last point. I'm a big believer in under promising and over delivering.

What credibility did Obama have when he started? The media never asked him a single serious question during his campaign. Trump is far more accomplished than Obama was with a lot of real-world experience.

The Trump loyalists think they are still fighting against Hillary by trolling the left. All they care about is pissing off the lefties. I am enjoying that show, but I'd like to see actual progress for the country. I do like how the news media are finally seen as capitalist endeavors driven by ratings and revenue, not facts.

Not true, the Trumpies want to see real progress too. But yes they too take joy in hammering the Left, but they see that as payback for constantly being called all manner of names by the Left for years.

Go ahead and check the wiki for the Sino-Japanese war and see how Korea has been a pawn in China vs. Japan for centuries. Chinese sympathetic puppet governments>Gapsin Coup>Nagasaki Incident>Sino-Japan war>1950s UN war that we own. The Chinese are still pissed it is not their puppet anymore, and now they want that iron and coal. The Chinese are all about rebuilding an empire/dynasty, screw that superpower nonsense. Pull out of the penis-ula and see what happens. Nobody gave a shit about the Crimea maybe SK can fight their own war.

Couldn't a superpower be an empire...? For example the Soviet Union was a superpower, but it was also an old-fashioned empire. I agree that China wants an empire, China's issue IMO is that they have been humiliated and embarrassed for a long time, ever since the West forced open their ports and then what Japan did to them. They want security, both military and economic.

You two better shut the fcuk because this Ghanian mother fucker thinks you ain't doing shit.

Who was the last president with credibility? FDR? Trump could learn a bit from speak softly but carry a big stick

FDR I wouldn't view as very credible as it was his economic policies that lengthened out the recession of the time into the Great Depression. He also tried to give himself dictatorial powers via the National Industrial Recovery Act.

Also it was Theodore Roosevelt who said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick" ;)

I'm more curious for more data from the sources instead of speculation. Stuff like this piques my interest. I find the people at LP to generally have very good info and love learning. I'm not great at politics, so i generally sit back and watch but this stuff grabs my attention.

Um. That was teddy rosevelt. And he was not known for speaking softly.

Not true, the Trumpies want to see real progress too. But yes they too take joy in hammering the Left, but they see that as payback for constantly being called all manner of names by the Left for years

:iamwithstupid: Yes. I want to see much progress. I love the progress I'm seeing. And I also love that it's being fueled by the endless ,renewable,powerful source of liberal tears :eusa_dance:

post-60315-1501859557_thumb.jpg

What you see, vs what she sees...

If you saw what she saw, you'd be disappointed too. Your gunt saves you from that harsh reality.

My life will devote for service of my country and bolstering defense against United State aggressive action!

is it bad that I recognized the chick from that image alone?....sad.

Couldn't a superpower be an empire...? For example the Soviet Union was a superpower, but it was also an old-fashioned empire. I agree that China wants an empire, China's issue IMO is that they have been humiliated and embarrassed for a long time, ever since the West forced open their ports and then what Japan did to them. They want security, both military and economic.
They currently expanding in to (not really) disputed territorial waters from maps drawn in the 30s, disregard international law and they are nowhere near finished. They want Taiwan back under full control too by slowly encircling them with man-made islands so to come to their aide, you'd violate Chinese water or airspace. A Boa constrictor does not strike, it slowly strangles.

The humiliation goes back to British gunboat diplomacy and the Opium Wars. We followed suit in Japan with Admiral Perry.