Porsche GT2 RS 6:47 'ring time

Steve K

Rumor has it (on rennlist) from a very good source that the new GT2 RS set 2 ring lap times.

a 6:47 on Pirelli trofeo's, and a 6:53 on the factory michelin cup tires.

quoted from rennlist

Nurburgring laptime!!!

Ok guys i have one very good source around the ring who know the laptime of the gt2 rs!!

the video and official advertisment will be at the beginin of september ;-)

1/best laptime (unofficial because TROFEO R tire) 6.47min full lap.

2/official laptime recorded (Lars Kern is the driver) with pilot sport cup 2: 6.53min

They have both lap in video recorded, Porsche just hesitate now, which laptime they will show, for sure if it is the lap with the pirelli tire they will lies and say michelin tire was ln it, because pirelli is not the official tire mounted on the car, michelin is, but anyway Lamborghini lied aswell because the record was with trofeo r instead pzero on the commercial car....

Porsche fanboys all claiming victory, calling Lambo cheaters... Yet, how easy is it to remap a Turbo for a just a bit more boost.......

Porsche fanboys all claiming victory, calling Lambo cheaters... Yet, how easy is it to remap a Turbo for a just a bit more boost.......

Uh oh. Sounds like its time for FORUM WARZ

A few pics from the GT2 on display at the WEC a couple weeks ago.

Doesn't really do anything for me....

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

I don't doubt the superb engineering of Porsche and the car's capabilities. And I don't mean it in any derogatory way whatsoever but at the end of the day, it's remains a 911 (991), a nice, fast and perhaps collectable sports car. The Performante is 100% an Italian exotic car that guarantees to catch attention at any given time anywhere. The choice is obvious.

So who's next in the 'Ring time war? Nissan and its new GTR since it's always put 911's in its crosshair.

Don't they all "lie"? If not "lie" - then at least tweak a bit in specific preparation for THAT circuit which is unlike anywhere else? I would think ride height is adjusted, suspension adjusted at the very least before testing on the 'Ring.

Yes - GT2RS probably "massaged" for boost. And suspension adjustment would be my guess after experiencing how much the car bottoms out under hard loading. Was told by race engineer (has 24 Hour LeMans wins to his credit) that Porsche sells completely different suspension for cars going to the Nordschleife with higher ride height.

Wouldn't other manufacturers do the same? They must increase ride height. In most cases it's the front splitter that scrapes but depending on suspension set up there may be other parts underneath bottoming out (which is friction which means loss of speed not to mention unwelcome wear).

These lap times are still an amazing accomplishment and the fact that the Performante performed well lends credibility to Lamborghini's engineering. Clearly it's by far the best looking car to achieve an extremely fast lap time. IMO nothing else comes close.

Accountants rejoice LOL

To me it's justed a riced up 991, I don't mind it but it does nothing in the butterflies in the stomach department.

The price of everything is nuts now. GT2 is a very capable car. Can you imagine how good the cars would be if they worked together inside the company.

Porsche always has a way of grossly outperforming it's specs. Im sure some Porsche know how would be valuable to Lambo just as I bet having ALA on the GT2 would be worth serious time and mph.

It's crazy Porsche isn't building the Huracan sister car instead of the R8.