What in the actual fcuk?

IanMan

Doc I know you will make it because you are like a damn energizer bunny :lol2:

Maybe I missed it, I always wanted to ask you, I see you are obsessed with the Countach, have you driven one yet?

I am so hyper and always excited and I can't help it. I just want to keep doing things! LOL! :lol2:

I have not driven the Countach yet. But... I have sat in two thanks to Roy. In fact, I'll be in Washington for a week long school in Washington and I'll be going to see Roy's Countaches again. It helps to keep me motivated. I think I know where you're going with this. ;)

If you're wondering, EVERYTHING felt right to me. I was worried about all of the reviews and bad comments people made but I fit in it just right and everything felt natural to me. I actually liked the way the shifter felt and the clutch pedal wasn't too bad. I actually prefer really hard steering. In 2015 I bought a 1983 BMW 533i for $500 as a beater when I was driving my 200+ mph M5 as my daily. The 533i had a lot of fixing up needed. Wobbled at 35mph (never had to drive it over that speed), leaked, smelled of gas, but always started up. I had such a damn good time driving that car I'd take it back in a heartbeat. I amazingly found it just as fun as my M5 to drive. It had its weird quirks and was not a solid car, but I can only imagine how the Countach will be. I just know it's going to feel right when I own one and I'll never want to get rid of it. :)

post-210225-1502599329.jpg

post-210225-1502599337_thumb.jpg

post-210225-1502599371_thumb.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it! I think there are a handful in your neck of the woods. And here I was thinking you were wondering if I'd even enjoy driving it or not. 😜 I tried to read between the lines and failed lol.

Do it! I think there are a handful in your neck of the woods. And here I was thinking you were wondering if I'd even enjoy driving it or not. 😜 I tried to read between the lines and failed lol.

Haha all good, I wanted to hear an opinion from a Countach virgin :icon_mrgreen:

I don't think I will have a chance, I don't know anyone who owns one locally and even if I knew I wouldn't ask.

Inmo, under the right circumstances, there is nothing more fun to drive than the Countach. Then again, under the wrong circumstances, there is nothing worse.

Inmo, under the right circumstances, there is nothing more fun to drive than the Countach. Then again, under the wrong circumstances, there is nothing worse.

I am very curious to see how some of the older Lambos drive, my only experience pre modern era is the Diablo SV but that's not exactly an old car.

I am very curious to see how some of the older Lambos drive, my only experience pre modern era is the Diablo SV but that's not exactly an old car.

I'd love to drive a Countach, I have driven the 91 diablo , 96 Diablo SV , 96 Diablo Roadster, 2016 Aventador SV Roadster. The 91 Diablo apparently drives close to a Countach, bit better, and that was hard :P Diablo SV is my absolute favorite! Drove it for hours, it is just right! Aventador SV, hmm... Amazing car, but I can't live with paddleshifters, i'll need a stick V12 to change things up.

As for the Countach in Question, As previously mentioned, is is ALL a replica fiber body with many many many wrong parts. the 50% that is original is the Engine and gearbox and a few bits here and there. I'd rather save the money and buy the real deal.

Countach drives like shit , Miura even more shit , pretty much every old Italian car drives like shit , especially if your only exposure is modern cars . Allan will chime in and disagree with me because he has a countach and loves it and can't get himself to call a spade a spade lol

Countach drives like shit , Miura even more shit , pretty much every old Italian car drives like shit , especially if your only exposure is modern cars . Allan will chime in and disagree with me because he has a countach and loves it and can't get himself to call a spade a spade lol

Countach is amazing... :thefinger: But yes, of course compared to any new car, every older generation drives worse... except in the case of the Diablo and Murcielago..

Countach is amazing... :thefinger: But yes, of course compared to any new car, every older generation drives worse... except in the case of the Diablo and Murcielago..

Looks good and sounds good , that's about it .

Damn that's ruthless :lol2:

I still want to try one.

I think for it's time the car is probably amazing, I've never drivien one that's why I say probably.

Cars that old should be appropriate for what they where, not hated for what they are not.

same can be said of the Xj220.... :icon_thumleft:

Till you actually drive one, don't comment lol . I am non biased , XJ220 will run circles around Countach, Diablo, Murci, even aventador in straight line. Handling is very good good for a 1993 car but obviously not to snuff compared to the newer cars . You will get to drive it, you be the judge.

:iamwithstupid:

That's a good short summary of it.

As I'd always said, owning a Countach is like having a supermodel as a GF. You are the envy of the crowd but you also have to deal with all the baggage that came with it. Taking the CT out is a planned event; it's a point A to point A car and you have to have contingency that things may not go totally according to plan. From a modern-day-car standard, I agree with Daddy. The CT looks great but it really isn't that well engineered at all. But it's also everyone's childhood dream car and who would deny himself the opportunity to own the car that was hung on your wall as a poster?

Doesn't sound like it would the car for me, my head is about to explode if I can hear a squeak in the interior and I can't locate it to fix it :lol2:

Doesn't sound like it would the car for me, my head is about to explode if I can hear a squeak in the interior and I can't locate it to fix it :lol2:

maybe it is the right car for you. the squeaks will all drown each other out

I hate to say it and flame suit on first, but from my own experience the 1st-gen MY02 & MY03 Murci's actually had more squeaks than the CT. Maybe it was the different materials that they used: CF, steel, plastic etc... and it was driving me nuts. The CT hardly squeaks at all (or the engine noise/exhaust note drowned out most of the squeaks).

But that's the least of your worry, you will be too busy wrestling with the steering (non power assisted) although to be fair, it's actually not bad at all at speed. Just don't try to parallel park in a tight spot. The brakes are also a far cry from the modern bulls. You almost need to stand on them to make the car stops. Like I said, dating a supermodel... :icon_mrgreen:

Till you actually drive one, don't comment lol . I am non biased , XJ220 will run circles around Countach, Diablo, Murci, even aventador in straight line. Handling is very good good for a 1993 car but obviously not to snuff compared to the newer cars . You will get to drive it, you be the judge.

I doubt it will run circles around an Aventador or even a Murcielago in stock form. My point is that with each passing year, the best of the past becomes worse and worse. I almost bought an Xj220 like 15 years ago.

I hate to say it and flame suit on first, but from my own experience the 1st-gen MY02 & MY03 Murci's actually had more squeaks than the CT. Maybe it was the different materials that they used: CF, steel, plastic etc... and it was driving me nuts. The CT hardly squeaks at all (or the engine noise/exhaust note drowned out most of the squeaks).

But that's the least of your worry, you will be too busy wrestling with the steering (non power assisted) although to be fair, it's actually not bad at all at speed. Just don't try to parallel park in a tight spot. The brakes are also a far cry from the modern bulls. You almost need to stand on them to make the car stops. Like I said, dating a supermodel... :icon_mrgreen:

Totally agree. No squeaks from Countach.. Tons from the Murci. Oddly in all my years I've never had to parallel park the Countach. For me, its a car I drive to drive, and put back in the garage...

I doubt it will run circles around an Aventador or even a Murcielago in stock form. My point is that with each passing year, the best of the past becomes worse and worse. I almost bought an Xj220 like 15 years ago.

700hp and 2300lbs . You do the math , Murci not even close , Aventador will hole shot it for the first few hundred yards then it is game over .

700hp and 2300lbs . You do the math , Murci not even close , Aventador will hole shot it for the first few hundred yards then it is game over .

Not stock they are not.

I never dated a supermodel :(