Folding Side Mirrors?

ToofDoc

OK, need some clarification on this.

We all know the Av has power folding mirrors, but can they be manually folded in by hand like the Gallardo Superleggeras LP570s? I ask this because there were two separate incidents were I freaked out.

First incident was during transport one time my Av passenger side mirror was accidentally bumped and turned forward towards the front of the car (opposite of the normal folding direction) and I freaked because when that happened to my Gallardo LP560 awhile back, it broke the internal swivel mechanism.

This time however with my Av luckily it didn't get turned that much so it didn't break internally. I adjusted the mirror back to the normal position and checked to see if it folding electronically, luckily it did (phew). So this incident got me wondering if the mirror could be turned manually even though it's electronic.

The second incident is more of a heart attack. I accidentally bumped my mirror with my hip and folded my drivers side mirror complete in the folded position. So now I have one mirror folded in the fold position and the other in the normal unfolded position. I first tried the mirror folding knob to get the accidentally folded mirror back into unfolded position, it didn't work. Then I gently twisted/adjusted the accidentally folded mirror back to the unfolded position manually, heard a snap back into place sound, now both mirrors are in the unfolded normal position. Tried the mirror folding power knob again couple of times, the mirrors didn't move at first, but eventually moved (phew again).

So all these accidentally incidents made me wonder...can we fold these powered mirrors manually? I have tried so I wanted to reach out to you all Av owners and to see what your experiences are these folded mirrors?

Have you ever folded them in and out by hand? Can we do that?

I had power folding mirrors on one of my audi's and you still break/fold the mirror away and it worked fine. Figure they are all audi parts anyway.

It would completely defeat the purpose of the breakaway folding mirror if you couldn't fold it because of it because powered.....I would think.

this is exactly the reason i programmed them to close when i hit the remote lock button.

also whats crazy is, i cant ever seem to completely close the AC or turn off. did anyone else if this problem?

this is exactly the reason i programmed them to close when i hit the remote lock button.

also whats crazy is, i cant ever seem to completely close the AC or turn off. did anyone else if this problem?

With the A/C - did you try:

Turning the temp as low as possible and then keep going till you see "OFF"

Or

Turning the fan as low as possible and then keep going till you see "OFF"

With the A/C - did you try:

Turning the temp as low as possible and then keep going till you see "OFF"

Or

Turning the fan as low as possible and then keep going till you see "OFF"

Yes, but you have to do that manually EVERYTIME!

It's annoying.

Also the stereo power also. It's ALWAYS on EVERYTIME you start the car, even when you turn it off before.

It's annoying.

Also the stereo power also. It's ALWAYS on EVERYTIME you start the car, even when you turn it off before.

it is annoying lolol

WTH do they have a off button if it doesn't work..

Push and hold the fan button from memory and it will turn completely off (must check on the exact button) but if the car is very hot after or during a very spirited drive you will not be able to turn it off, strage.

It's annoying.

Turn the stereo off by pushing and holding the volume button, I never use the stereo, I regret ordering it, the interior would've looked so much better without all of those buttons.

My stereo never comes up in start up if I turn it off that way.

1EDE3B56_F2EF_48BC_A001_4483B65A5E4A_4223_000005985074655F.jpeg

ToofDoc, SV-N-IT & Fortis (and likely rhyno too), all of your avatars are confusing the daylight out of me. If it weren't for the brake calipers, I almost couldn't tell who is posting. :icon_mrgreen:

If you turn off stereo and never use it - does the screen stay dark when you put car in reverse?

I did the same thing with mine (never ever listened to radio) but then I didn't have backup cam unless I turned it back on.

I asked if they could reprogram car so radio didn't come on upon start-up. Was told no.

Since I wanted back-up cam I just left radio on, but would hit mute (quick push of volume button) as soon as car was started.

And turning off A/C or HVAC - yes - you've gotta do it every time you start the car. The default is for everything on (maybe you can train your key as previously mentioned).

The only time I turn off A/C is on the track, or on a somewhat cool day with windows down.

I'll never understand having the radio come on when the car starts. The GT4 and GT3RS are the same way. Annoying.

ToofDoc, SV-N-IT & Fortis (and likely rhyno too), all of your avatars are confusing the daylight out of me. If it weren't for the brake calipers, I almost couldn't tell who is posting. :icon_mrgreen:

In other words you are getting "blue balls" from our avatars LOL

If you turn off stereo and never use it - does the screen stay dark when you put car in reverse?

I did the same thing with mine (never ever listened to radio) but then I didn't have backup cam unless I turned it back on.

I asked if they could reprogram car so radio didn't come on upon start-up. Was told no.

Since I wanted back-up cam I just left radio on, but would hit mute (quick push of volume button) as soon as car was started.

And turning off A/C or HVAC - yes - you've gotta do it every time you start the car. The default is for everything on (maybe you can train your key as previously mentioned).

The only time I turn off A/C is on the track, or on a somewhat cool day with windows down.

I'll never understand having the radio come on when the car starts. The GT4 and GT3RS are the same way. Annoying.

The screen turns on when you engage reverse and switches itself off after you engage 1st gear.

I agree on the GT4 so damn annoying when the stereo and the AC come on everytime you turn the car on.

LOL

Don't be blue about it :eusa_dance:

that's funny, I always think the same when everyone is posting at once..