Air Conditioning Help

RoadKing

AC will not come on and have started troubleshooting.

- Checked AC charge and pressures and all good there

- Jumped power to AC clutch and compressor kicked in

- Swaped out AC clutch relay and nothing happened, tested old relay from swap location and it worked

Think I have narrowed it down to a) bad suction pressure cut out switch or b} bad AC control panel.

So my questions are:

1) Anyone know where the suction pressure cut out switch is (assuming there is one)

2) Any easy way to test AC control panel (and replace if bad)

3) Anything else I am missing to check?

Thanks,

Dave

I had to replace the Regulator on mine Pn 0045006742, if you remove the panel to access the brake reservoir you'll see attached to heather box, its hold by 2 screws but its very tight, making little hard to remove.

A friend of mine had problems with the wiring to the clutch. Might want to check that.

Also, is the radiator fan running when the car is running and the AC is switched on?

Thanks to all for your responses. I know now the AC system very well now, as I went through it all in depth on Friday.

I'll post better info for future reference when I have time to download the pictures I took.

My friend helping me said he checked the AC fuse and it was good, so I just trusted that. Well, there is an AC control fuse for the control unit and when you find the AC clutch relay (behind panel that is located behind driver's seat) there is also an AC clutch fuse...

jefflambo got it....it was the AC clutch fuse.

The filter/dryer is located in the driver's side rear wheel well, above the battery, which also contains a low and high pressure switch. I'm told these fail as well, which requires the canister to replaced. Mine was good. All back together and ready to go.

Thanks again,

Dave