Picked up a new winter beater

rhyno

The 4x4 squared rides like a Cadillac compared to any G55, G63 or G65. There is no comparison!

unreal, I'm going to drive one this wknd. anything you don't like about it? does it feel sluggish?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It rides well and has plenty of power. May wheelie with Renntech tune. It is very tall to get in and out, even at 6'-1". I don't drive much or commute so it is perfect for me. Only real complaint, it is thirsty!

It rides well and has plenty of power. May wheelie with Renntech tune. It is very tall to get in and out, even at 6'-1". I don't drive much or commute so it is perfect for me. Only real complaint, it is thirsty!

what color did you get? sounds like a blast!

what color did you get? sounds like a blast!

I like it. Got a light gold one beginning of the year. Trading it for a Mauritius Blue one next week. I was lucky to get both my dealer's allocations so I could get the color I wanted.

unreal, I'm going to drive one this wknd. anything you don't like about it? does it feel sluggish?

It wanders a bit because of the big tire's. speedo is off 10%, I have verified this on two trucks. Transmission has a bit of a vibration on downshifts and I think this is linked to the portal axles. Other than that it is badass!

I like it. Got a light gold one beginning of the year. Trading it for a Mauritius Blue one next week. I was lucky to get both my dealer's allocations so I could get the color I wanted.

Both colours sound very unique. Can you post pictures of them?

Both colours sound very unique. Can you post pictures of them?

:iamwithstupid: I just tried googling for pics of either and couldn't find anything.....

You bet. Can someone point me towards a picture posting tutorial on the site?

Click the "Reply" or "Go Advanced" option and then click Choose File, (find file on your phone or computer and select it), then click Upload button on the lower right. Once it loads, you can click the manage attachments dropdown window towards the lower left and click the furthest left green plus sign option to add it to your post. Repeat for multiple images.

It wanders a bit because of the big tire's. speedo is off 10%, I have verified this on two trucks. Transmission has a bit of a vibration on downshifts and I think this is linked to the portal axles. Other than that it is badass!

awesome! sounds like a lot of fun!

Chad looking forward to your pics!

:iamwithstupid: I just tried googling for pics of either and couldn't find anything.....

post-7086-1506092608_thumb.jpg

How much higher than stock are they?

Looks badass in that pic! Love how they finally put the pipes somewhat in or that's from the flares but my daughter and I about burnt our legs many of times.

Anyone remove the silly lower bumper yet?

I was just about to recommend doing the same thing. Looks terrible. I guess the idea is to stop cars from diving under it up to the windshield in the event of a rear end collision cause of the ride height but still looks like crap.

Interesting I don't perceive any transmission vibration on decel and don't think it drives quite like a Caddy so Rhyno and I have differently calibrated asses. I remember it taking 100 miles or so to get used to the size and handling.

That blue G above looks to be Mauritius.

You would be shocked at the material used in the bumper brackets. I bet it weighs 250 pounds. My first thought was to unbolt but I've seen them look fine in black so will probably do that to keep some metal between me and other stuff.

I'll work on posting a pic of mine now.

Click the "Reply" or "Go Advanced" option and then click Choose File, (find file on your phone or computer and select it), then click Upload button on the lower right. Once it loads, you can click the manage attachments dropdown window towards the lower left and click the furthest left green plus sign option to add it to your post. Repeat for multiple images.

Thanks. I tried that but when I click upload it thinks and then the file goes away. Maybe the pic is too big?

Interesting I don't perceive any transmission vibration on decel and don't think it drives quite like a Caddy so Rhyno and I have differently calibrated asses. I remember it taking 100 miles or so to get used to the size and handling.

That blue G above looks to be Mauritius.

You would be shocked at the material used in the bumper brackets. I bet it weighs 250 pounds. My first thought was to unbolt but I've seen them look fine in black so will probably do that to keep some metal between me and other stuff.

I'll work on posting a pic of mine now.

What I meant was that it drives like a caddy compared to any other G-class. A G55, G63 and G65 drive like trucks with no suspension.

I also wanted to unbolt the rear chrome bumper but it is intergrated into the rear subframe so it's not easy to remove unless you used a torch.

Thanks. I tried that but when I click upload it thinks and then the file goes away. Maybe the pic is too big?

Yes your pic is too big, try and compress it.

Someone at MB got drunk and went parts bin crazy.

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-b...-650-landaulet/

rhyno, it's like your cab and squared had a bastard child. Would be better w/o the V12 I think, but what ya gonna do.

Cheap too.

Sorry guys, couldn’t figure out how to get the pics smaller. Dealer called today, blue one left port.