720S vs Huracan Video....

FikseSTS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly that's incredible. Huracan is not a slow car. I'd like to see a 720S and a P1 go head to head. I think only a P1 and 918 could keep up with the 720S from a roll. I think the 918 would blitz it off the line, however.

5.2 seconds to 100 mph in the 720S correct? Scary quick.

The front of the 720S is so hideousness....I love everything about that car but that...they need a face-design asap.

That's very fast but it's expected, that's what usually happens when there is at least another 100 hp on tap.

I looked at a 720S last weekend, it was painted in a boring dull color some sort of gray, it did nothing for me, very disappointed because in some of the photos I've seen I thought it looked fantastic.

I will go for a test drive after I get back from Frankfurt.

You'll need to start counting the gap by zip codes, not car lengths. :lol2:

I may be in the minority here but I absolutely love the 720. I can't wait to check one out!

Fikse, you got to get a 918/P1 next to that thing. It would amazing content!! Or.....something more prevelant (modded Supra/Vet/etc) to let your audience really grasp how fast this car really is.

Perfectly shows how far the car industry and McLaren has evolved in 3 years time. Insane, because things will only keep evolving quicker.

I'm working on a 918, should be doable, doubt I can get a P1 to try it....

something with 1,000 HP is on the way over to my place now, should be interesting...

I may be in the minority here but I absolutely love the 720. I can't wait to check one out!

Fikse, you got to get a 918/P1 next to that thing. It would amazing content!! Or.....something more prevelant (modded Supra/Vet/etc) to let your audience really grasp how fast this car really is.

No Kidding! Lol

And agree, 720 is pretty amazing and this video is just mind blowing... it shows how fast it truly is.

Awesome job Brooks!

something with 1,000 HP is on the way over to my place now, should be interesting...

That will be great. If it keeps up with the 918 it shows how far Mclaren has come in terms of performance. If it doesn't, well there's always the LT version in 2019 that will smoke everything. I have a feeling that from a roll there won't be much between them though but we'll see.

Sweeeet!! Looking forward to it!!

No Kidding! Lol

And agree, 720 is pretty amazing and this video is just mind blowing... it shows how fast it truly is.

Awesome job Brooks!

:icon_thumleft:

That's very fast but it's expected, that's what usually happens when there is at least another 100 hp on tap.

... and 300 lbs LESS weight ...

Once again a quick look at the numbers and dots start to connect ...

If the Ford GT makes 1000 hp at the crank (850 rwhp), the 720 is going to walk right by it from a roll ...

From a dig it's the 720 all day ... everyday ...

we didn't dig race, that would not have gone well.. :) from a roll the GT held for a bit, but seems to lose too much boost between shifts...

If the Ford GT makes 1000 hp at the crank (850 rwhp), the 720 is going to walk right by it from a roll ...

From a dig it's the 720 all day ... everyday ...

This is a tough one because of the gearing in the GT. It would need to be in 1st from a 40+ (with a tire and a hell of a driver) to maximize its performance or from like a 70+ in 2nd gear. Otherwise it will have a hard time pulling the 720, at least to 180.

This is a tough one because of the gearing in the GT. It would need to be in 1st from a 40+ (with a tire and a hell of a driver) to maximize its performance or from like a 70+ in 2nd gear. Otherwise it will have a hard time pulling the 720, at least to 180.

Didn't your Huracan TT run 60 - 130 mph in 5.5 seconds ...

I believe Brook's 720 ran it in 5.4 seconds ...

Both cars with have a DCT and TT ...

Do I really need to continue ... Looks like we have our next match race ...

I'd expect your Huracan to take the 720 from a roll and from a dig (thru the 1/4 mile) ...

There's a lot of states between you two, so I guessing this is a long shot ...

Didn't your Huracan TT run 60 - 130 mph in 5.5 seconds ...

I believe Brook's 720 ran it in 5.4 seconds ...

Both cars with have a DCT and TT ...

Do I really need to continue ... Looks like we have our next match race ...

I'd expect your Huracan to take the 720 from a roll and from a dig (thru the 1/4 mile) ...

There's a lot of states between you two, so I guessing this is a long shot ...

My car did 60-130 in 4.9, on a -0.6% decline, in sport mode, on the first and only try. I think it will go 4.7 just by changing to Corsa mode as the shifts in sport are a bit slower and shift approx. 500 RPMS sooner.

I'd expect my car to pull a 720S but certainly not by much.

There is a chance Fikse and I will get a run in by the end of the year. We will see.

Regardless, I am so impressed by the 720 that I am starting to get ideas in my head, lol.

... and 300 lbs LESS weight ...

Once again a quick look at the numbers and dots start to connect ...

Agree, I honestly don't know why Lambos are so heavy, is it mostly due to the all wheel drive system ? It can't be because the rear wheel drive H isn't that much lighter in comparison.

Full carbon SV and still porky LOL