720S vs Huracan Video....

FikseSTS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

720S won't go 4's, but I expect lower 5's in good weather, the car also spins a bit at the 60 mark which might throw the 60-130 number off.

I think it's a close one with the edge to Huracan, I would roll race in sport mode, the corsa difference isn't worth a short or redline shift.

My car did 60-130 in 4.9, on a -0.6% decline, in sport mode, on the first and only try. I think it will go 4.7 just by changing to Corsa mode as the shifts in sport are a bit slower and shift approx. 500 RPMS sooner.

I'd expect my car to pull a 720S but certainly not by much.

There is a chance Fikse and I will get a run in by the end of the year. We will see.

Regardless, I am so impressed by the 720 that I am starting to get ideas in my head, lol.

Agree, I honestly don't know why Lambos are so heavy, is it mostly due to the all wheel drive system ? It can't be because the rear wheel drive H isn't that much lighter in comparison.

Full carbon SV and still porky LOL

My Lambo's are heavy when my fat ass gets in them. So that explains my cars, LOL

The only thing lacking on the 720 is presence. It's performance is amazing, but kinda vanilla

the car has tremendous presence... partly because it's new, in person it's very futuristic and exotic...

The only thing lacking on the 720 is presence. It's performance is amazing, but kinda vanilla

720S won't go 4's, but I expect lower 5's in good weather, the car also spins a bit at the 60 mark which might throw the 60-130 number off.

I think it's a close one with the edge to Huracan, I would roll race in sport mode, the corsa difference isn't worth a short or redline shift.

I used to run it in just sport mode until a 900+ whp GTR wanted to run. That race I wanted to maximize every performance aspect of the car and decided to use Corsa. The car shifted a lot faster and crisper, at least that's what it felt like to me.

I know what you mean about Corsa and redline. If you aren't on your game you'll bounce of the limiter - not good. I like to use Corsa to take advantage of the shifting speed and shift myself at 8,000 RPMS.

I used to run it in just sport mode until a 900+ whp GTR wanted to run. That race I wanted to maximize every performance aspect of the car and decided to use Corsa. The car shifted a lot faster and crisper, at least that's what it felt like to me.

I know what you mean about Corsa and redline. If you aren't on your game you'll bounce of the limiter - not good. I like to use Corsa to take advantage of the shifting speed and shift myself at 8,000 RPMS.

Don't keep us in suspense ... Did you get him???

the car has tremendous presence... partly because it's new, in person it's very futuristic and exotic...

fair enough, i do like it lots. they had a launch party near where i live in Beverly hills about a month ago. without a doubt the best car they built in a minute and absolute best production car. There's a chance i'll buy one. It's a hell of a car for the price.

And thx for all the great videos, you do a great job with them.

Don't keep us in suspense ... Did you get him???

Yes, but not by much. About 1.5 cars.

I've only ran the car maybe 5x total. The older I get the less desire I have to go out and race - especially on the street. But since we are on the topic, the closest race I've had was a "840" whp auto C7 Z0.6 on a tire. Barely inched away. That belonged to a grudge racer so his claim of 840 whp is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Agree, I honestly don't know why Lambos are so heavy, is it mostly due to the all wheel drive system ? It can't be because the rear wheel drive H isn't that much lighter in comparison.

Full carbon SV and still porky LOL

The SV is still a huge car with a big V12. The McLarens run a full carbon tub, the Huracan has a carbon/aluminum space frame and is still mostly aluminum. Just Google huracan chassis and then McLaren chassis to see the difference. The Aventador is just so big, it needs a lot more carbon in the structure. Its chassis weighs 147.5 kg in comparison to the P1's 90 kg, and it has much larger crash structures and rear attach subframe

Nice, other than the high horsepower stuff, that's a hard to beat setup

Thanks. It's an awesome set up. It's what the Huracan was missing from the factory. :)

If you are in South Florida, I would like to try you out in my GTR.

I am trying to work something out where I can come and ship the car in Nov/Dec. I have a place in Fort Lauderdale my wife and I like to vacation to when it drops below freezing here. If I decide to ship the car when I come, I'll let you know, but certainly not to run your 1500 HP car in my 800 HP car. :lol2:

Feel free to post results from a more level playing field. My suggestion is if you're going to stack a forced induction car against another high performance car, then find a supercharged VF or whatever brand Huracan and re-run the 720S. I'm sure the Huracan closes the gap or runs right by it. Out of the hole will be a joke, and it won't get rolled on by 4th gear like in the video.

Feel free to post results from a more level playing field. My suggestion is if you're going to stack a forced induction car against another high performance car, then find a supercharged VF or whatever brand Huracan and re-run the 720S. I'm sure the Huracan closes the gap or runs right by it. Out of the hole will be a joke, and it won't get rolled on by 4th gear like in the video.

How is stacking a tuned car against a production car a level playing field?

I seriously don't get this mentality.

I'm not surprised by the outcome but I am surprised by the distance.....wow! The 720s is the new poor mans super car!

Anyhow, too bad the head lights don't look better BUT they look better to me today than they did when i first saw the car. I think that may have something to do with the performance of the car. :)

Peter

I still prefer Huracan :D

:iamwithstupid: but that mac is a freakin beast! when fikse text me the video I almost fell out of my chair!

so if the H ran a 10.4, that 720 should break a 10 in good weather, which is just crazy!

it's fair, they are competitors, 720S is a little more $....

base msrp is $285k, mine is $331k....

How much more is it...You can have a decently equipped performante for 310-320, whereabouts is the mac at? Could you get a vf blower or ugr stage 2 kit for the difference?

If you go MSO on it, 720S won't be in 330's, but it will be way, way more. You will be looking at prices closer to 812 Superduperfast and Aventador. From my knowledge Performante with Ad P program won't be anywhere close to those prices.

if you want to spend extra $$$ sure, but no need for it... they will sell you 24k gold plated engine heat shields that you can't even see for $26,000... :)

all of the performance is there for under $300k....

If you go MSO on it, 720S won't be in 330's, but it will be way, way more. You will be looking at prices closer to 812 Superduperfast and Aventador. From my knowledge Performante with Ad P program won't be anywhere close to those prices.

base msrp is $285k, mine is $331k....

Did you go with the base model and build from there? Or did you chose the luxury/performance model and add to that? By your vids it looks like you went with base or luxury to start...

Did you have a port processing fee for $4100? Makes the base MSRP basically $290k or $300k respectively.