Murcielago Appreciation

RobberBaron

Hmm.. Let's see, do I want the 18 wheeler behind me running over me in a 2002 Murci, or a 6 pot brake Murci....Hmmm....

You need to put your phone down and pay attention while you're driving.

You do realize that megachad has likely spent more time in race cars than you've spent in a Lamborghini. . . and has owned more V12 Lamborghinis than most people on this forum.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You drive like a pussy , will never have brake issues even with POS countach

Not really.. We took my Murci to Thermal where we were pushing it as hard as anyone else and the car had no issues.

You do realize that megachad has likely spent more time in race cars than you've spent in a Lamborghini. . . and has owned more V12 Lamborghinis than most people on this forum.

Good, so he knows that if he slams on the brakes of a supercar on the freeway with regular vehicles behind him, he's toast.

Good, so he knows that if he slams on the brakes of a supercar on the freeway with regular vehicles behind him, he's toast.

Unless that supercar is an early Murci. :lol2:

murcielago_under1.jpg

Unless that supercar is an early Murci. :lol2:

murcielago_under1.jpg

Is it bad that what bothers me most about that pic are his bat wings not being adjusted, his painted mirrors, and that awful exhaust?

Is it bad that what bothers me most about that pic are his bat wings not being adjusted, his painted mirrors, and that awful exhaust?

Ouch. :( Was that Roy's former car? I remember him having a Murcielago in that color years ago.

Yes, that is my old car. I had the mirriors painted. The wings were always good, even up to this accident, dont know what caused that. The exhaust was al Burtoni at the time. That accident happend here in Seattle to the guy I sold it to. He had it repaired and it still lives with him here in Seattle.

Yes, that is my old car. I had the mirriors painted. The wings were always good, even up to this accident, dont know what caused that. The exhaust was al Burtoni at the time. That accident happend here in Seattle to the guy I sold it to. He had it repaired and it still lives with him here in Seattle.

• 1 month later...
Hey Roy, what are your thoughts about a 40th anniversary edition, mint 2 owner car?

Ange

I would say that an 03 40th Anniversary car is stronger than an E-Gear LP640, all other factors (miles/condition/originality) being equal. I would put the value ranking here:

Manual LP670 (3 US cars)

Manual LP640 Roadster (8 US cars)

E-Gear LP670 (37 US cars)

Manual LP640 Coupe (19 US cars)

03 40th Anniversary Murcielago (50 Worldwide)

E-Gear LP650 Roadster (50 Worldwide)

Manual 05-06 Roadster (

E-Gear LP640 Roadster

E-Gear LP640 Coupe

Manual 05-06 Coupe

Manual 02-04 Coupe

E-Gear 04-06 Coupe

The right color or options could definitely shuffle them up a bit but I would say that is the hierarchy color/miles/options being reasonably similar.

It would also be interesting to discuss the ranked order of color desirability. Here is my off-the-cuff order of the reasonably well known colors.

Verde Ithaca (& Verde Artemis)

Monterey Blue

Arancio Atlas

Blu Cepheus

Viola Ophelia

Bianco Canopus

Oro Adonis

Nero Nemesis

Rosso Vik

Balloon White

Grigio Telesto

Oro Elios

Giallo Midas

Bianco Isis

Rosso Andromeda

Grigio Avalon (and other gray/silvers)

Blue Fontus

Blue Hera

Nero Aldebaran

Obviously there are another couple dozen colors represented in rare quantities but that accounts for over 95% of the US cars.

It is also worth noting that an abnormally high portion of the Murcielago population has been damaged, significantly modified, or poorly maintained. There are lots of factors for this but the high rear weight distribution, significant early depreciation due to the poor condition of the US economy, and the dealer network challenges early in the car's life have all created an environment where perhaps up to half of the cars have a significant history issue that would negatively influence the value. The overall production is ultra-rare relatively to anything preached as rare in a modern context so I agree that there is great upside across the range.

I’m sure stimpty will have a perfect explanation why this happened, or claim it’s photoshopped :icon_mrgreen:

Uh, texting while driving? Maybe drunk?

Are you suggesting this Hyundai minivan has better braking performance than the Murci?

Think before you post.

Verde Ithaca (& Verde Artemis)

Monterey Blue

Arancio Atlas

Blu Cepheus

Viola Ophelia

Bianco Canopus

Oro Adonis

Nero Nemesis

Rosso Vik

Balloon White

Grigio Telesto

Oro Elios

Giallo Midas

Bianco Isis

Rosso Andromeda

Grigio Avalon (and other gray/silvers)

Blue Fontus

Blue Hera

Nero Aldebaran

Obviously there are another couple dozen colors represented in rare quantities but that accounts for over 95% of the US cars.

Except you left off what must be one of the most popular colors: Giallo Orion

Are you suggesting this Hyundai minivan has better braking performance than the Murci?

Think before you post.

It can out stop the Hyundai Santa Fe, but can't out stop a 2006 Nissan Murano from 60mph. :lol2:

Think before you post.

Took you two months to think of that? :jackoff:

I’m so proud you came up with that all by yourself, good boy......

Correct, sort of. I put it down as Giallo Midas rather than Orion. Midas is the same paint on a Gallardo.

Took you two months to think of that? :jackoff:

I’m so proud you came up with that all by yourself, good boy......

Sorry, I just get busy and don't always have time to reply to asinine posts.