1998 Diablo SV Monterey Edition

oufan2929

I must say I didnt think there would be a more vivid color than mine. Most of the 20 cars have some form of Tri color paint job which make them stunning. Here is a photo of my Monterrey Edition #3 that was originally sold to the power ball winner and driven by Andretti in the running of the bulls. The car has undergone considerable restoration. The wheels have been rebuilt and re chromed by California Chrome in So Cal. I am told there were only 30 wheel sets made for these 20 cars so yes the wheels are very rare. I have seen the ME wheels on the Victoria Secret Special Edition SV. They are lighter than standard SV wheels as the profile has less aluminum.

post-5568-1509223216_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I just bought #20 of 20!  It was original owner from Florida who bought it from Prestige Imports.

Speaking of wheels...  I really hate the chrome wheels.  I have thought about powdercoating them black and then restoring them to chrome if I ever sold.  Thoughts?  I'm concerned they couldn't be restored to original, but also not excited about paying $12k to buy a spare set to make black...

Exterior (5).jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, Matadr said:

I just bought #20 of 20!  It was original owner from Florida who bought it from Prestige Imports.

Speaking of wheels...  I really hate the chrome wheels.  I have thought about powdercoating them black and then restoring them to chrome if I ever sold.  Thoughts?  I'm concerned they couldn't be restored to original, but also not excited about paying $12k to buy a spare set to make black...

Exterior (5).jpeg

Congrats

it sold for 235 in the auction plus 10%  not bad i wanted to bid on it. enjoy the hell out of it 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, Matadr said:

Exterior (5).jpeg

Congratulations on the purchase.

Don't mess with those wheels if you ever want to turn them back to original.  Notwithstanding their disassembly and re-assembly after color-change (and again back to chrome, later), re-chroming wheels that were once chrome is arduous and perfection is not guaranteed.  We've just spent two years restoring a set of Alpine Edition wheels and from fasteners to re-chroming to sealing, it's been a challenge.

Better to get some other set of wheels and just store these. Personally I like the Work Wheels Meister S1 (shown below), though they don't accept center caps.  Also, we have brand-new (NOS) OEM Diablo SV wheels.

lamborghiniworkblack1e.jpg

On 4/12/2019 at 6:45 PM, Matadr said:

Exterior (5).jpeg

Did it need much work?

On 4/13/2019 at 1:45 AM, Matadr said:

The HRE wheels that Allan has on his SV will suit your SV very well.

• 2 years later...