Cat 5 Hurricane Irma :(

SV-N-IT

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phone service is almost non existent now, this will probably be my last post for a few days. Keep safe guys and let's hope for the best.

Praying for ya Abolfaz. :(

Frightening to read this thread knowing LP members and many others are being hit hard by this horrific storm. This world can be a scary place sometimes.

If Abolfaz's boat is still sea worthy, at least he can get out of the area once the storm passes.

Many will be stranded for weeks until they can get out. Food and water will be a precious commodity. So will guns and ammo when people start looting for resources.

Pure hell on earth and it's headed for FL.

Praying Praying Praying.

I left Wednesday but it sucks to still have family and friends there who didn't want to evacuate. Really hope this doesn't turn out bad.

Praying for everyone involved. Stay safe aboflaz !

Stay safe everybody. I talked to my cousin in Cape Coral who is still there :shock: He sent his wife and kids out earlier this week but seems like he missed the opportunity to evacuate. As prepared as anyone can be but he's really hoping it misses them even by a little bit.

I am looking at the Ocean out my window from Miami Beach in the South of 5th "high rise" area. I decided to stay and see how it goes. Worst case scenario, the lobby or garage will be safe. The garage 15ft above the street. If I can grab some good footage I will upload it here.

I am looking at the Ocean out my window from Miami Beach in the South of 5th "high rise" area. I decided to stay and see how it goes. Worst case scenario, the lobby or garage will be safe. The garage 15ft above the street. If I can grab some good footage I will upload it here.

Prepare, stay safe and enjoy the ride!

:icon_super:

Took my friends 17 hours to drive from West Palm Beach to Atlanta yesterday evening.

In other news...

6 Republicans from FL and TX voted against disaster aid......great time to take a stand. :eusa_doh:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/these-lawmaker...imit-extension/

Four Texas Republicans on Friday voted against the bill that included aid for Hurricane Harvey recovery in their state, along with a debt limit extension.

The House approved the legislation 316-90, in a vote that authorized $15.3 billion in aid for those affected by Harvey, raised the debt ceiling, and extended government funding for three months into December. But a handful of those "no" votes came from members of the Texas delegation, and from members of the Florida delegation who will soon likely have to grapple with the need for funding for Hurricane Irma. No Democrats in the House voted against the legislation. The Senate approved the legislation in an 80-17 vote on Thursday.

The four Texas Republicans who voted no were Rep. Joe Barton, Rep. Jeb Hensarling, Rep. Sam Johnson, and Rep. Mac Thornberry, none of whose districts are in the region hardest hit by the storm.

The Two Florida Republicans who voted against the legislation were Rep. Matt Gaetz and Rep. Ted Yoho.

Harvey's damage may be the costliest natural disaster in U.S. history, and the Texas governor has estimated the damage has reached $180 billion.

Some of the Republicans who opposed the bill did so because they're fiscally conservative, pointing to the national debt. Conservatives historically have qualms with raising the debt ceiling, which is a cap Congress sets on how much debt the U.S. Treasury can issue and determines how much money the federal government can borrow.

"It's like the Washington that Trump campaigned against," Barton said, explaining his "no" vote. "So, as much as I want to help Texas, I can't vote for something that just is a blank check on the debt."

Hensarling said what happened in his state is truly an emergency, but so is the national debt.

not like it matters, but all covered up....

I was curious if you were staying or not. Good luck and stay Safe! Hopefully everything holds up and you don't have much damage.

For houses, you need special flood insurance. How does car insurance work for cars damaged via hurricanes (or flooding)? Is anything special needed?

Why not jack em up on jack stands. Can save almost 12-16 inches of dryness in case any flood waters.

My thought is that when something like this is heading your way, time is of the essence and you don't waste it jacking up cars.

You get the hell out of Dodge!

Buy tiles, jack car up, put set of tiles under tyres, put tiles underneath jack, pile some more tiles under tyres...

Easy way to buy much leverage on the situation.

Ofcourse if it just keeps pouring and is noah floating past, then everyone are going to be fucked. :(

Stay safe!!

My thought is that when something like this is heading your way, time is of the essence and you don't waste it jacking up cars.

You get the hell out of Dodge!

Thats why the only car thats difficult to replace is 6' up on the lift. :icon_mrgreen:

As if the insurance company wouldnt already be underwater, it would sting if the two week old 720 is a flooded out.

I might switch the F430 and 720 as the F430 is on the other lift, looks like the storm is drifting west, so looking better here...

Thats why the only car thats difficult to replace is 6' up on the lift. :icon_mrgreen:

As if the insurance company wouldnt already be underwater, it would sting if the two week old 720 is a flooded out.