Finally... Gallardo and Murcielago Comparison Pics

99viper

So after scouring the internet for years I could never find a good comparison pic of the Gallardo and Murci. At best I would find a Gallardo spyder and Murcielgo hard-top or SV Murcielago and regular Gallardo; or 2 cars with distinctly different colors.

Well... the wait is over. My friend finally had his beautiful LP Murcielago delivered on Friday night... we cruised around on Sunday, had lunch, and literally jammed up the parking lot from people taking pics of the "Lambros."

I've had the pleasure of driving a Murcielago, so if any of you have questions or want more pics let me know. Enjoy!

PEkd3oI.jpg

jGiHw9c.jpg

oE8l9Ek.jpg

4qklUvD.jpg

9AwShwT.jpg

Nott3zd.jpg

ktkxQKP.jpg

V1DPBNc.jpg

BxFH8w1.jpg

458PTk8.jpg

xVkcavg.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Please don't take this the wrong way. From your avatar, is it safe to assume that you are the owner of the G? Nice car; you surely know its nose is an alternate piece based on the LP560 design and is not from the original G, nor are the wheels (just saying, not criticizing). So there is a slight compromise there. And I am at a bit lost on the "comparison"; 2 very different cars of very different design and technologies; borderline mutually exclusive in fact.

Surprised at how much lower the roof line of the murci is when compared to the G never noticed of this before.

Murcielago is 30mm lower than Gallardo (1.135 Vs 1.165)

I looked it up.

I have too much time on my hands

Surprised at how much lower the roof line of the murci is when compared to the G never noticed of this before.

See and I kind of thought the opposite. I actually expected the difference to be much more noticeable, whereas to me they are very, very close. (just a different rake to the windshield making the Murci look a tad sleeker/more exotic. Overall height though is a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Cool pics!

Thanks for sharing. Please don't take this the wrong way. From your avatar, is it safe to assume that you are the owner of the G? Nice car; you surely know its nose is an alternate piece based on the LP560 design and is not from the original G, nor are the wheels (just saying, not criticizing). So there is a slight compromise there. And I am at a bit lost on the "comparison"; 2 very different cars of very different design and technologies; borderline mutually exclusive in fact.

Yea, the silver G is his.

Allow me to interpret his intent: It's for the Gallardo owners on the fence about jumping into a Murcielago and want to see the visual differences. It's kind of hard to compare two different pictures on your computer because there is no sense of scale. But now two coupes of similar color parked next to each other helps a lot.

Sure, his G is lowered and has aftermarket rims, but for height purposes use mine (orange G), since it's stock ride height.

Yea, the silver G is his.

Allow me to interpret his intent: It's for the Gallardo owners on the fence about jumping into a Murcielago and want to see the visual differences. It's kind of hard to compare two different pictures on your computer because there is no sense of scale. But now two coupes of similar color parked next to each other helps a lot.

Sure, his G is lowered and has aftermarket rims, but for height purposes use mine (orange G), since it's stock ride height.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. :icon_thumleft: