BEWARE of DIME RACING - TOTAL NIGHTMARE

bigbrian

Just waits for people to twig that the OP is the guy in that Vehicle Virgins video...

Ya I figured that out shortly after my post, but I think the point still stands.

The saying you get what you pay for is spot on...but seriously, who thinks they are getting a twin turbo bolt on upgrade done in 4 days? Worse yet, what shop promises such an unrealistic timeline? Unless they house several kits, which I doubt, that's next to impossible. 2 weeks isn't even realistic.

Moving on to cost...the first sign that something will fail or go terribly wrong, is when the cost is 80% less than any other shop doing the same things. 20k for a bolt on twin turbo kit...that's a used price for the hardware alone. I'm no expert but been around long enough to know what UGR is capable of and why it takes as long as it does to do the job correctly.

Sad part is, these guys will spend 3 times what a UGR system producing twice the amount of hp would have been just fixing what these guys did to these cars. Pay up front for it right or pay more to make it right. I never understood the mentality of some people...cheaper isn't better...there's a valid reason it's substantially cheaper.

Sadly,

I was supposed to do a Huracan Super Trofeo street with them. I paid for the parts before all this shit happened.

They say it's there just awaiting a few final pieces.

I haven't been by there yet, can anyone help out?

Their communication is beyond awful. I've been in the car customization business for 20 years. It's not hard to open some boxes and snap some pics, make a list.

Sadly,

I was supposed to do a Huracan Super Trofeo street with them. I paid for the parts before all this shit happened.

Their communication is beyond awful. I've been in the car customization business for 20 years. It's not hard to open some boxes and snap some pics, make a list.

How long has it been? Can you stop payment on your CC? Because odds are, if they are being stingy with not even proving they have your parts...they never even ordered them.

Brian had to go down there in person before they admitted they hadn't even started on his car.

I am the person in Parker's video. I purchased the Huracan in spring and my original plan was to enjoy the car over the summer (as is) and send it to UGR at start of winter -- we only have 4 months of good season driving in Kansas. DIME Racing's name popped up here and there so I reached out to several people who had the DIME kit on their car -- both people said it was great. So I reached out to DIME Racing (boy what a mistake).

DIME Racing promised turnaround time of 2 weeks which was reasonable given the offer a "bolt on kit". So I thought "great, i can transport the car to them, 2 week build, and back in my hands to enjoy the summer" and for the price I paid it was worth the few extra HP in the summer. My car went there BEFORE Parker's video surfaced and the 2 week time frame promised was shot to shit by DIME Racing (all said and done they had the car for 3mo). After 3mo of them having the car DIME Racing literally fucked off the entire driving season in Kansas -- thanks assholes!

DIME Racing are made up of 2 guys (Rod and Steve) who are smooth talkers. They talk like they are big shits and know what they are doing and I have come to find out they say WHATEVER they want you to hear at that given moment. Their words never pan out to mean a whole lot -- it's lie after lie after lie.

Money wasn't an issue here (as I said the car was going to UGR in the winter via my original plan). It was the fact DIME Racing promised a 2 week turnaround time for 850whp (which was more like 690whp all said and done). On a positive note... The car is on it's way to Underground Racing now for their Stage 3 kit which will put down 1,000whp on pump and 1,250whp on VP MS109. It will be done right, be rock solid, and will be insanely fast.

All in all I really hope nobody else get's screwed over by DIME Racings shit-show-operation!

Brian McLevis

Sucks man.. Saw that video with you in VVs video and felt like $hit for you.. Even after the VV video of Parker going for the test drive and the trans having issues I was surprised he still went with them and then the whole fcuk around.. I cant believe this company is still running (although maybe they are close to going under and just taking peoples money).

Glad to hear you are going with UGR and im sure Kevin will take care of you..

Any chance of you going after these guys legally? What ended up being the issue with the car on the current Dime build (or did you just say fcuk it and send it to UGR to fix)?

Good luck buddy

Sadly,

I am sorry to say this... But I would bet your parts are NOT there. They ignored my request for pics of the car and parts for months (list of excuses):

Our advertising team doesn't want pics released until it's 100% complete

We don't want our IP released

We don't want to send you the pics because we have sent customer's pics before and they leaked

Ahhh I really don't want to send pics because they always leak

Sure, I will snap some pics and send them to you by end of day

Yeh, I will snap some pics when I get to the shop and send them over -- it might not be until end of the day though

^^ NEVER DID I GET ANY PICS I ASKED FOR.

Good luck man!

Brian McLevis

Sucks man.. Saw that video with you in VVs video and felt like $hit for you.. Even after the VV video of Parker going for the test drive and the trans having issues I was surprised he still went with them and then the whole fcuk around.. I cant believe this company is still running (although maybe they are close to going under and just taking peoples money).

Glad to hear you are going with UGR and im sure Kevin will take care of you..

Any chance of you going after these guys legally? What ended up being the issue with the car on the current Dime build (or did you just say fcuk it and send it to UGR to fix)?

Good luck buddy

I am out $33k on what I paid DIME Racing. Worse case I can sell the kit for $15-20k as someone will purchase it because the hardware isn't bad -- it's just the tuning is shit. There are a lot of overseas tuners that will buy the kit from me so I will recoup some of my money.

As for legal... I am not sure what financial state DIME Racing is in so I would have to do some digging. They obviously cannot pay their rent and they cannot pay for their Huracan lease payment so suing them might take a lot of money (attorney fees for litigation is expensive) and get me $0 in the long run. I am not ruling out a lawsuit but we will see how things pan out in the coming month. DIME Racing offered me a refund if I send them all the parts back but their words mean nothing to me at this point because they just TALK TALK TALK TALK.

When the car broke I had it towed to Lambo of Las Vegas. I got in touch with Kevin at UGR and decided to just send the car to them for a full strip of all DIME Racing parts and a full build of UGR parts. I am not sure yet as to what damage has been caused in the trans internals -- should find that out in the coming weeks.

Brian

I am sorry to say this... But I would bet your parts are NOT there. They ignored my request for pics of the car and parts for months (list of excuses):

Our advertising team doesn't want pics released until it's 100% complete

We don't want our IP released

We don't want to send you the pics because we have sent customer's pics before and they leaked

Ahhh I really don't want to send pics because they always leak

Sure, I will snap some pics and send them to you by end of day

Yeh, I will snap some pics when I get to the shop and send them over -- it might not be until end of the day though

^^ NEVER DID I GET ANY PICS I ASKED FOR.

Good luck man!

Brian McLevis

yyyyyyyikes.

I am out $33k on what I paid DIME Racing. Worse case I can sell the kit for $15-20k as someone will purchase it because the hardware isn't bad -- it's just the tuning is shit. There are a lot of overseas tuners that will buy the kit from me so I will recoup some of my money.

As for legal... I am not sure what financial state DIME Racing is in so I would have to do some digging. They obviously cannot pay their rent and they cannot pay for their Huracan lease payment so suing them might take a lot of money (attorney fees for litigation is expensive) and get me $0 in the long run. I am not ruling out a lawsuit but we will see how things pan out in the coming month. DIME Racing offered me a refund if I send them all the parts back but their words mean nothing to me at this point because they just TALK TALK TALK TALK.

When the car broke I had it towed to Lambo of Las Vegas. I got in touch with Kevin at UGR and decided to just send the car to them for a full strip of all DIME Racing parts and a full build of UGR parts. I am not sure yet as to what damage has been caused in the trans internals -- should find that out in the coming weeks.

Brian

You should speak with the local district attorney. With all the complaints of being scammed by these bozo's, perhaps criminal charges can be filed. After all, they're selling you all a line of BS.

it's CRAZY that DIME is still posting on social media (FB and IG - obviously with comments disabled), as if NOTHING is going on and business as normal. the sucky part is.... SOMEONE is bound to fail into the trap if they don't do a little digging first. that's the unfortunate part.

Maybe it's time for all the victims of this company to send an e-mail to the local authorities and maybe the AG's office in California because it sounds like they're committing fraud maybe even wire fraud.

I had an incident with a shop in Houston a few years back, ordered a few parts for over $15k and they decided to bail on me. Fortunately for me I was able to get my money back because I paid through my CC but it was a pita. I contacted the HPD and the AG's office and to my surprise both took my complaint serious and wrote up a report. Few months later the AG's office contacted and asked me for details and informed the owners had been arrested and charges were pending.

Sigh......the game remains the same, ony the names of the players and the victims change. :angry2:

To those that wonder how these guys can get away with this kind of mielda (*hit) in the social.media age just remember one name.........HENNESSEY! !!!

Need I say more!!????

Maybe it's time for all the victims of this company to send an e-mail to the local authorities and maybe the AG's office in California because it sounds like they're committing fraud maybe even wire fraud.

I had an incident with a shop in Houston a few years back, ordered a few parts for over $15k and they decided to bail on me. Fortunately for me I was able to get my money back because I paid through my CC but it was a pita. I contacted the HPD and the AG's office and to my surprise both took my complaint serious and wrote up a report. Few months later the AG's office contacted and asked me for details and informed the owners had been arrested and charges were pending.

Interstate wire fraud, bigger heat.

If they ain't paying their rent, sounds like the gig's about up

Don't look good.

Sucks.