just heard the GT2RS beat the Performante ring record at 6.48

SV-N-IT

is this a rumor? if not that is moving! the P, 720, and GT2 are going to be head to head on all the local tracks!

good times for exotic car owners!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's CRAZY to see how quickly cars are advancing. we could effectively get a HOLY-TRINITY level performance out of cars sub-$500k! Just 3 years ago, this was reserved for HYPER CAR $1m PLUS only. gotta love it!

The GT2 beat the Perfomante on racing tires and was about 1 second slower on road tires from what I heard. This still makes me highly curious about what the SV could do with a proper run...In any case it's a great time for car lovers because all the new cars can handle and are fast as f*ck :D

The GT2 beat the Perfomante on racing tires and was about 1 second slower on road tires from what I heard. This still makes me highly curious about what the SV could do with a proper run...In any case it's a great time for car lovers because all the new cars can handle and are fast as f*ck :D

Wait until we have full electric supercars.

It's real, it's on stock tires and they aren't done testing yet. Cars are getting stupid fast but things have definitely changed, everything is running faster this year.

Interestingly, the last GT2RS was faster than the Carrera GT for a third the price and now the new one does the same to the 918.

Porsche is the crown jewel at VW, no way Lambo would keep the crown. Porsche holding that position is worth 100x the profit compared to Lambo.

ring times were always a soap opera and always will be. Its nice to see lambo up there with the big boys getting some fame. Exciting times for the brand.

The GT2RS is a proper monster. Not much will hang with it, definitely not a performante. Ferrari 488 special version and 760LT will be the only competition in this segment. I fully expect the Project One to put the ring laptime massively faster than anything we've seen yet, though. P15 and Valkyrie will be absolutely ridiculous as well

The GT2RS is a proper monster. Not much will hang with it, definitely not a performante. Ferrari 488 special version and 760LT will be the only competition in this segment. I fully expect the Project One to put the ring laptime massively faster than anything we've seen yet, though

Enlighten us once again, you have no idea what you are talking about as per usual, Project One isn't finished yet, engine is not done, the 488 GTO does not exist yet (mules are testing) nor does the 720 LT, nobody knows what the GT2RS did at the ring but you make categoric claims about it all, the only proven car so far is the car you are constantly disparaging and that's the Performante, can you be more annoying ?

Good luck to you... I wouldn't bet against the GT2RS. There's a reason why even F1 world driver champions are itching to buy it. I'm not talking about the Ring specifically, either, which is its own kind of circuit. My statement about the Project One is not particularly contentious. It's in a whole other league

Good luck to you... I wouldn't bet against the GT2RS. There's a reason why even F1 world driver champions are itching to buy it. I'm not talking about the Ring specifically, either, which is its own kind of circuit. My statement about the Project One is not particularly contentious. It's in a whole other league

F1 buyers are itching to buy it?

F1 drivers often drive rather normal cars, considering what they do for a living. No street car can give them the same thrills, none.

The GT2RS is a proper monster. Not much will hang with it, definitely not a performante.

911 is hyped up beetle, it is gods miracle that it can keep up to clean sheet supercars not otherway.

And if it is 1sec slover than performante on similar street tyre and 1sec faster then that "definitely will not hang" statement is false.

It's real, it's on stock tires and they aren't done testing yet. Cars are getting stupid fast but things have definitely changed, everything is running faster this year.

Interestingly, the last GT2RS was faster than the Carrera GT for a third the price and now the new one does the same to the 918.

Porsche is the crown jewel at VW, no way Lambo would keep the crown. Porsche holding that position is worth 100x the profit compared to Lambo.

I guess there is a tire package coming out for 918 that will leapfrog it in front of GT2 RS.

Apparently Porsche was pretty creative to get that 700 hp rating with 2 RS. Heard it makes a lot more than that, which makes sense if Webber's claim that thing hit 209 mph on Dottinger is legit...

so bland, lets cut some big ugly squares in the front bumper, add a bigger wing with some more HP, 700HP is awesome to see, but this is the last 700HP car I would ever buy...

the ONLY Porsche I would probably own is the CGT and 918... at least they don't look like every other million porches on the road...

911 is hyped up beetle, it is gods miracle that it can keep up to clean sheet supercars not otherway.

And if it is 1sec slover than performante on similar street tyre and 1sec faster then that "definitely will not hang" statement is false.

The performance is there but has no exotic appeal like other options out there. 95% of the people on the road don't know the difference between a Carrera and a GT2RS they all look the same to them. On that note, the 6:48 if true is very impressive. I doubt anyone purchasing this car will use it to its potential on the circuit. It'll get parked.

so bland, lets cut some big ugly squares in the front bumper, add a bigger wing with some more HP, 700HP is awesome to see, but this is the last 700HP car I would ever buy...

the ONLY Porsche I would probably own is the CGT and 918... at least they don't look like every other million porches on the road...

True, they have great great talent in the Porsche, Andreas Preuninger. He really understands what true drivers sportscar should be. But in shape the 911 never was a supercar for me, it is sportscar and lamborghini is supercar. So the competition is over before it starts.

To me this is all good. Keep all the manufacturers on their game and improving cars. Lap time isn't everything although its one aspect of a car's desirability.

I guess there is a tire package coming out for 918 that will leapfrog it in front of GT2 RS.

Apparently Porsche was pretty creative to get that 700 hp rating with 2 RS. Heard it makes a lot more than that, which makes sense if Webber's claim that thing hit 209 mph on Dottinger is legit...

It's all tires today. Screw the billion dollars of r&d that goes into a super car. Just throw space age tire tech on the car and it'll cut 10 seconds off its Ring time.

Jonny Lieberman sums it up nicely lol....

jonnyliebermanTRUTH!!! Also, SWIPE! Not that facts matter in 2017. Sigh... I straight up stole this from @lamborghiniks, who introduced me to Marco, the Performante driver. I've talked with him about the lap, and much of Lambo's engineering staff. No matter though, because SOME GUY on the internet said it's fake. Happy Saturday. #lamborghini #huracan #performante #nurburgring #nordschleife #porsche #gr2rs

21980252_117932125564270_662636823825298

21911087_130428890937568_346606622021674

I think why everyone was so skeptical on the Perf was because it was such a drastic improvement compared to the 610-4.

The 610-4 is On par with a carrera GTS at the ring.

The gt2rs has 200+ Hp aero and tires over the GTS.