just heard the GT2RS beat the Performante ring record at 6.48

SV-N-IT

engineering and technology wise, the car is the best. period. i've always loved gt2's

however, this car is fcuking ugly. the front bumper, when i first saw it, i thought it was the video game version. no way porsche would actually release such a stupid looking bumper in real life- but they did. and im a porsche nut.

the 21" wheel option (in my opinion) is beyond hideous. looks way too big, and shouldn't be on a "gt" car. the rear bumper looks like it was sketched and approved on the same day. oh yea, the $300k price tag. LOL $300k

at the end of the day though, the car is a beast in every single way. porsche has won over 24,000 races since they started. twenty four thousand. maybe the company could have made and sold double or triple the amount they sold if they lowerd the price (and maybe made it look good).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is important and informative to know that they are production and time limited on the GT cars so they needed to get them done and built quickly and can only make 40 a day of ALL GT models. So the sooner they can make them the more they can sell and they can only make a small amount that will all sell easily.

So you concentrate on a good (the best) performance and get to building cars (printing money). You charge more than you normally would and dial back the pretty design time. They are in the business of showing off on the racetrack and making money.

I am not betting against anything actually I could not care less, I buy what I like and move on, you on the other hand spread more misinformation than the ex Iraq minister of information.

post-7524-1506203448.jpeg

You know nothing about the Project One, just leave it at that, the motor isn't finished, the car is two years away.

"Misinformation." LOL

Anyone get allocation for the GT2RS?

I bought a Macan recently and asked to be thrown on the list, just for the hell of it. I'll sell you my spot in line for $4. I'm not sure which number it is, exactly, but somewhere around #10,000 is probably about right.

"Misinformation." LOL

Read before you comment, I did tell you that I am not betting against anything, I was referring to the Project One and a bunch of other rubbish you generally talk about.

Now you can go back to fantasy racing :icon_thumleft:

engineering and technology wise, the car is the best. period. i've always loved gt2's

however, this car is fcuking ugly. the front bumper, when i first saw it, i thought it was the video game version. no way porsche would actually release such a stupid looking bumper in real life- but they did. and im a porsche nut.

the 21" wheel option (in my opinion) is beyond hideous. looks way too big, and shouldn't be on a "gt" car. the rear bumper looks like it was sketched and approved on the same day. oh yea, the $300k price tag. LOL $300k

at the end of the day though, the car is a beast in every single way. porsche has won over 24,000 races since they started. twenty four thousand. maybe the company could have made and sold double or triple the amount they sold if they lowerd the price (and maybe made it look good).

Did you see the car IRL? I don't dislike P cars, I owned a few and still own one, but I can't really tell all of the 911's apart :icon_mrgreen:

Having said that, I saw this car IRL and I thought it looked stunning, yellow in particular, I took some photos but unfortunately can't upload them due to the software LP uses (I guess)

In relation to pricing at our end is $700k, that puts it $150k above a mid spec Performante so for me it's a no brainer, Performante all the way.

Having said that, I saw this car IRL and I thought it looked stunning, yellow in particular,

Oh i bet it's a nasty sob in person. It wont be lambo crazy, but nobody is mistaking this for a C2.

Don't think i would drop 300k on it, but i'd love to have one for a weekend.

Read before you comment, I did tell you that I am not betting against anything, I was referring to the Project One and a bunch of other rubbish you generally talk about.

Now you can go back to fantasy racing :icon_thumleft:

Absolutely nothing that I've said about the Project One is false, I stated an expectation. Most people can somehow manage to see that it is a totally different level to anything that has been done for the road before, as is the Valkyrie, but in different ways. Sorry you can't seem to see that. Why do you not expect the Project One to be faster?

You said nobody knows what the GT2RS did at the ring and yet here we are, with well known YouTubers living at the ring timing within a couple of seconds of the official lap time. So yeah, you were talking about the GT2RS, and it has been proven to not be "misinformation"

Absolutely nothing that I've said about the Project One is false, I stated an expectation. Most people can somehow manage to see that it is a totally different level to anything that has been done for the road before, as is the Valkyrie, but in different ways. Sorry you can't seem to see that. Why do you not expect the Project One to be faster?

You said nobody knows what the GT2RS did at the ring and yet here we are, with well known YouTubers living at the ring timing within a couple of seconds of the official lap time. So yeah, you were talking about the GT2RS, and it has been proven to not be "misinformation"

I went to Frankfurt few weeks ago with a friend who bought a Project One to see the car, you'd think I'd know quite a bit more about the whole thing than you.

As for the GT2 RS, at the time of that discussion nobody knew, it was pure speculation, youtubers timing at the ring :lol2: :eusa_wall:

I never said that it wasn't faster, I simply told you that I didn't care.

You on the other hand make claims about the fact that the Performante will not hang with this, that or the other as if you have any idea, getting the news from you is akin with reading the engravings in the walls of a public toilet.

The three cars to have for performance at the moment are the Permformante, 720S and GT2RS there is no doubt. The first looks and sounds fantastic. The second looks interesting and sort of strange from certain angles and sounds ok. The third looks awful.

Also the first is likely cheapest. Kind of a no brainer. If you can fit well in a Huracan (cabin feels tight to me or I'd have one) the HP is the car to have.

I went to Frankfurt few weeks ago with a friend who bought a Project One to see the car, you'd think I'd know quite a bit more about the whole thing than you.

As for the GT2 RS, at the time of that discussion nobody knew, it was pure speculation, youtubers timing at the ring :lol2: :eusa_wall:

I never said that it wasn't faster, I simply told you that I didn't care.

You on the other hand make claims about the fact that the Performante will not hang with this, that or the other as if you have any idea, getting the news from you is akin with reading the engravings in the walls of a public toilet.

Means jack shit. Mercedes Brixsworth has dominated with this engine for 3 years against Ferrari. It will be a monster. I'm guessing you don't quite understand that suspension setup either. You won't go into why it won't be faster. Maybe your friend should sell the car to get away from it knowing what you know

Yeah, Misha knows what he's doing and you can't cheat physics. He took the time straight from his video of the record run. You can even see him in Porsche's video. You also missed Chad's confirmation. Nico Rosberg also mentioned there car would get the record, but I guess he's full of public toilet engravings

Means jack shit. Mercedes Brixsworth has dominated with this engine for 3 years against Ferrari. It will be a monster. I'm guessing you don't quite understand that suspension setup either. You won't go into why it won't be faster. Maybe your friend should sell the car to get away from it knowing what you know

Yeah, Misha knows what he's doing and you can't cheat physics. He took the time straight from his video of the record run. You can even see him in Porsche's video. You also missed Chad's confirmation. Nico Rosberg also mentioned there car would get the record, but I guess he's full of public toilet engravings

WTF are you on about ? :lol2:

Didn't you hear that I do not care about your dribble and assumptions based on what you read online? It means exactly what you said, jack shit.

My friend will sell the Project One, he bought it to flip it, are you interested ?

I think it is important and informative to know that they are production and time limited on the GT cars so they needed to get them done and built quickly and can only make 40 a day of ALL GT models. So the sooner they can make them the more they can sell and they can only make a small amount that will all sell easily.

So you concentrate on a good (the best) performance and get to building cars (printing money). You charge more than you normally would and dial back the pretty design time. They are in the business of showing off on the racetrack and making money.

What have you heard for total global volume during the production timeframe? People keep telling me different stories. Anywhere from 1k to 2400. Sounded to me like they would continue to shuffle GT car production to prioritize and fulfill 2RS demand which may at least somewhat reduce the appetite for speculative buys.

What have you heard for total global volume during the production timeframe? People keep telling me different stories. Anywhere from 1k to 2400. Sounded to me like they would continue to shuffle GT car production to prioritize and fulfill 2RS demand which may at least somewhat reduce the appetite for speculative buys.

It looks like 1000-ish, although there is certainly more profit in the 2 than anything else so I can see putting off some gt3’s or even 4’s to make more 2’s.

It’s also tricky because they need to make ALL the Euro GT2 and 3 cars before September or around there because the engines aren’t Euro6 approved and can’t be sold past this date. Not 100% on the date but you get the point.

That’s why Europe is getting everything much earlier than us this time, although some 918 American VIPs will get March cars. Most of us cheapos start 4 months later.

Can't help but admire the skill it takes to push a car that hard on that track, not to mention the balls. I would shite myself.

Agreed.

That's the most important part that is so overlooked in all of this.

Performante might be the fastest street car at the Ring for the average driver. GT2RS, Viper ACR is gonna be too much IMHO.

The three cars to have for performance at the moment are the Permformante, 720S and GT2RS there is no doubt. The first looks and sounds fantastic. The second looks interesting and sort of strange from certain angles and sounds ok. The third looks awful.

Also the first is likely cheapest. Kind of a no brainer. If you can fit well in a Huracan (cabin feels tight to me or I'd have one) the HP is the car to have.

:iamwithstupid: these have become the big 3 but I'm still loving the P checking all the boxes for me IMO

cant wait for a track day with all 3 cars on at once! will come down to the driver 100%

I saw the RS at the quail and it looks hot, but not 300-400k hot, maybe 180k hot ;)

post-2228-1506518058.jpg

Not even 180k of quality sound, which matters when real money is being spent on a performance car.

It is 80k looks, 70k sound, 300k track performance, and perhaps 250k "feel".

For the right person this car makes sense over a Lambo.

I love the GT2rs.. I think its an amazing design and I love the looks. It would be hard for me to plunk down 300k on the Performante ( which I like better) knowing I could drive the Porsche for a few years and sell it for what I paid for it.

Not to mention, imagine how fast the GT2 will be with a tune and exhaust?

I love the GT2rs.. I think its an amazing design and I love the looks. It would be hard for me to plunk down 300k on the Performante ( which I like better) knowing I could drive the Porsche for a few years and sell it for what I paid for it.

Not to mention, imagine how fast the GT2 will be with a tune and exhaust?

My thoughts exactly Allan. If both could be had at MSRP ($335K Perf/$340K GT2RS Weissach)--the GT2RS would have less downside. I'm just not fond of depreciation if I can avoid it

i saw a matte gray Perf today and it looks awesome! IMO no 911 comes close looks wise and i love the 911's.

resale is stronger except for the ones paid 300k+ for the gt3rs when it was hot.

What sucks is the GT2RS will be near impossible to buy unless you're a VVIP with Porsche whereas the Perf is much easier to obtain.

What sucks is the GT2RS will be near impossible to buy unless you're a VVIP with Porsche whereas the Perf is much easier to obtain.

Good point, so many factors involved.

Fortunately a test drive in each car answers the question 99% of the time.