just heard the GT2RS beat the Performante ring record at 6.48

SV-N-IT

It is sad.... but I believe that most 918 owners will buy these to have them sit or sell for a large profit, I don't foresee many being on the track at all.

But I would definitely take one at MSRP.

Any chance this might start a Ring War between Porsche and Lambo? Or maybe it has already been started...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's real, it's on stock tires and they aren't done testing yet. Cars are getting stupid fast but things have definitely changed, everything is running faster this year.

Interestingly, the last GT2RS was faster than the Carrera GT for a third the price and now the new one does the same to the 918.

Porsche is the crown jewel at VW, no way Lambo would keep the crown. Porsche holding that position is worth 100x the profit compared to Lambo.

Porsche is the mother ship, not VW anymore. They aren't going to let one of their brands beat them. I wasn't shocked when I saw this result, they want to have the crown back. I would personally love to own one of these, but I have always been a 911 fan.

Jonny Lieberman sums it up nicely lol....

21980252_117932125564270_6626368238252982272_n.jpg

21911087_130428890937568_3466066220216745984_n.jpg

These two pictures sum it up perfectly, nobody ever asked Porshce for data from their laps, but everyone lost their minds when Lambo did a lap.

Porsche is the mother ship, not VW anymore. They aren't going to let one of their brands beat them.

Couldn't agree more. There's politics in every industry. Quite sure that a number of us on this forum knew the story behind the Aventador J; why it was created and only in 6 weeks time. If Lamborghini needed to yield to Bentley at that time, then it's given that Lamborghini would yield to Porsche regardless of circumstance. Since Porsche is likely the most profitable brand under the VAG umbrella, they absolutely will have the alpha spot on the corporate ladder.

Not too keen on its looks though but I guess they really can't do much when the prerequisite is to keep it looking like a 911.

Good luck to you... I wouldn't bet against the GT2RS. There's a reason why even F1 world driver champions are itching to buy it. I'm not talking about the Ring specifically, either, which is its own kind of circuit. My statement about the Project One is not particularly contentious. It's in a whole other league

I am not betting against anything actually I could not care less, I buy what I like and move on, you on the other hand spread more misinformation than the ex Iraq minister of information.

C2FA74B5_D414_4BEA_B16E_1C7200401356_233_00000049C56A59CF.jpeg

You know nothing about the Project One, just leave it at that, the motor isn't finished, the car is two years away.

Great job, I can't believe how fast these cars are getting.

Saw the GT2RS at the Frankfurt show and I thought it looked fantastic in yellow.

The bright colors look good, I really like the red.

Both cars ran under 6:50 and they ran 5 laps under that threshold. Very strong effort.

Even with a great car, imagine how good those drivers are to be that consistently quick on THAT monster track.

They ran the 6:47.3 on stock Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2’s. The same tires I run on my GT3

There really is no substitute.

F1 buyers are itching to buy it?

F1 drivers often drive rather normal cars, considering what they do for a living. No street car can give them the same thrills, none.

yup.

Vettel was recently asked if the Ferrari FXXK is pretty close in thrill level to driving an F1 and he laughed and said it's a good car but no, not even close

I saw the RS at the quail and it looks hot, but not 300-400k hot, maybe 180k hot ;)

2018_rs.JPG

P just decided to take the profit from the speculators/flippers. I don't even think they will lose a statistically significant amount of sales over it.

Smart business move if you ask me.

I think this segment is the most exciting for cars (Performante/GT2RS/720S) as opposed to the crazy over-the-top hypercars that are coming out.

whoa, theres quite a bit of bitch ass/faggotness taking place...

its just a car. a fast (but very ugly) car. thats all.

they used 2 cars... and ran them a bunch of times and got the same numbers. RESPECT.

"Lars Kern (30) from Germany and Nick Tandy (32) from the UK broke the previous record for road-approved sports cars (6 minutes, 52.01 seconds) in their first attempt and subsequently finished five laps in under 6 minutes, 50 seconds. Andreas Preuninger, Director GT Model Line, says: “It’s not just the record time achieved by the GT2 RS that demonstrates the vehicle’s class, but also its consistent performance in every lap. We’re particularly proud of the fact that this was achieved with two different vehicles and two different drivers, as this underlines the GT2 RS’s ability to reproduce this record result over and over again"

they used 2 cars... and ran them a bunch of times and got the same numbers. RESPECT.

"Lars Kern (30) from Germany and Nick Tandy (32) from the UK broke the previous record for road-approved sports cars (6 minutes, 52.01 seconds) in their first attempt and subsequently finished five laps in under 6 minutes, 50 seconds. Andreas Preuninger, Director GT Model Line, says: “It’s not just the record time achieved by the GT2 RS that demonstrates the vehicle’s class, but also its consistent performance in every lap. We’re particularly proud of the fact that this was achieved with two different vehicles and two different drivers, as this underlines the GT2 RS’s ability to reproduce this record result over and over again"

Amazing stuff. I wouldn't get the car though. I don't like all the crazy wings and slits and ducts.

Crazy how fast cars have gotten.

GT2 RS is a beast but what's up with all the bodywork that looks like flat black plastic? Looks terrible IMO

They need to accentuate every nook and cranny because otherwise it would look just like every other 911 since Noah parked one into his arc and rolled through atlantic with god and zebras. Obviously it is not like other 911's considering the performance on table.

They needed to do that in order to avoid denegrating comments from every e-wanker and instafamous idiot on the net, they learned from what happened with Lamborghini.