Overhaul - Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo - ZHWGE5AU9DLA13312

gianca

I just bought the Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo 2014 Amateur Champion; as usual I plan to go over the whole car before any track use.

Engine oil drain

Transaxle oil drain

Front differential oil drain

Engine Coolant drain

Brake fluid drain

Spark plugs

Fuel filter

Rebuilt brake calipers

New brake pads and rotors

Un-wrap and re-wrap

New passenger side seat and 6 point harness

General cleanup on inside, outside and engine bay.

I'm sight!

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have started to peal the wrap and weighted the car, I was not impressed with the weight really.

I was hoping for it to be a little lighter. 2981 lbs with all fluids.

IMG_11141.jpg

IMG_11121.jpg

IMG_11131.jpg

A little fast forward to this weekend's progress on the project.

Off the car:

Front fenders

Hood

Headlights

Rocker panels

front and rear bumper

dashboard and seat

front spliter

rear diffuser

under mount covers

IMG_1172_.jpg

IMG_1174_.jpg

IMG_1175_.jpg

IMG_1177_.jpg

IMG_1179_.jpg

IMG_1180_.jpg

IMG_1182.JPG

It has a VIN?

I thought all the Super Trofeo race cars didn't have vins...So does that mean you can technically drive it on the street?

No, all race cars do have a VIN Super Trofeos, Challenge and Cup cars. The VIN are not register with the DMV. This particular car even has a Florida title.

• 4 weeks later...

Most illegal cars are titled in FL. This doesn't mean that the car will be eligible for street use anywhere else. Not raining on your parade. I'm just sharing the years of literature shared online stemming from the illegal importation of the older generation Nissan Skylines. I've been thinking of purchasing one of the cup cars, as they are popping up for sale lately. One to mention is the Trofeo cup car being sold in Socal. The seller was honest enough to disclose that the car wasn't being sold with any paper work to have it titled or registered. With that said, it is a super SWEET set up that would be awesome to have for race application or show. Heck, if Ihad the extra $100,000, I'd pick one up just to transfer the parts onto my existing Gallardo. Center lock wheels and everything!

• 2 months later...

And after months of work on the car I finally got it together, I should make it to the track soon.

-Pursuit the Cepheus Blue color with the wrap; 3 mil clear paint protection film on top. Also the Squadra Corse stripe.

-Note the raised bonnet and the shark fin

-Cut the back of the fender and open louvers on top to free up some wheel well pressure

-All fluids drain, new brake pads rotors, rebuilt calipers, spark plugs on coils, new passenger side seat, IMSA radio system, all expose hardware on stainless steel

IMG_0001_.png

IMG_0273_.jpg

IMG_0274_.jpg

IMG_0275_.jpg

How difficult is that to drive on the road? I first saw pics of this from the meet on instagram over the weekend, then after linking to the profile realized it was you and this car. Amazing machine....

How difficult is that to drive on the road? I first saw pics of this from the meet on instagram over the weekend, then after linking to the profile realized it was you and this car. Amazing machine....

Yes, it was the very first time that I drive it and it was a hit, everyone loved it. It is actually not too bad specially if you know what to expect, Florida weather has been nice but on a summer day without a/c would not be as fun.

Note: It was mind blowing how fast I could take the ramps off the highway "on this street car" ... lol

SWEEEET!!!!!

A friend near Buffalo NY bought one and is loving it on track. He trailers it. Had an unfortunate meeting with the concrete wall at Mid Ohio last Sept as he entered Thunder Valley. It was really cold and he overestimated grip No injuries thankfully.

Enjoy and stay safe!!

From what I understand, this car had a title when he bought it. Most of the race cars don't actually have a title, this one happen to have one. He didn't get it, he just showed up and registered it as a regular car.

Most of the Ferrari race cars don't have a title and have a shorter VIN missing digits to prevent it from being registered. This one has a normal Lamborghini VIN, maybe they just used regular car chassis before turning them into race cars, not sure.