Shooter in Las Vegas

Kerplop

You're probably right, not a fight they want. Im assuming MGM just wants this to go away and will throw huge $$$ at it, even if insurance doesn't want to pay.

We worked on the construction defect case before Mandalay Bay opened. The building was sinking. Built on a dry lake bed. They are insured for everything including suing their insurance companies.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i read and see, the more upset i get. I do however find comfort in the stories that will come out about people helping each other, strangers, and helping however they can. That's the take away. That's our country, those are our people. Not some asshole who shot up a concert.

:iamwithstupid:

That is the one bright spot, people helping people. Americans helping other Americans, putting NFL protests, politics, Kim Jong Fat Head aside and just helping one another.

He fired from 5 to 15 minutes. With very few stops to switch guns /let the barrels cool down.

I still think from what I heard that a belt fed thirty cal was involved. That “sewing machine” sound is the giveaway. The ars and aks just spray bullets at a much faster rate. Brrrrrrr. Instead of bump bump bump bump bump.....

Plus. They run out fast. A thirty round mag goes in a few seconds. Maybe he had some drum mags. But they are notoriously shitty and jam constantly.

He had belts. With hundreds of rounds.

Thats downright terrifying.

The idea that a person would do this is just sickening. My heart goes out to their families.

That is awful....much harder to see it thru with a machete.

Much easier with a truck. Wish we could enact some common sense truck control

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

or knife control

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack

( if someone wants to kill a bunch of people they're gonna find a way with or without guns. A person with a gun could do nothing in this particular situation to protect themselves. Thats just the way it was. Its awful. life isnt fair. But if a person with a pistol unloads in a mall i'm walking around in ill be very thankful I have the means to have the chance to protect myself. Fortunately for you, you live in the perfect place to willingly give up that chance! More power to you )

Much easier with a truck. Wish we could enact some common sense truck control

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

or knife control

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack

( if someone wants to kill a bunch of people they're gonna find a way with or without guns. A person with a gun could do nothing in this particular situation to protect themselves. Thats just the way it was. Its awful. life isnt fair. But if a person with a pistol unloads in a mall i'm walking around in ill be very thankful I have the means to have the chance to protect myself. Fortunately for you, you live in the perfect place to willingly give up that chance! More power to you )

So let's do just do status quo because that's working....or since the gun industry sales are falling because they can't market against 44 try to reintroduce silencers....that is what the NRA is lobbying for. Find me a credible person in law enforcement in favour of that.

When people trespass on our property....I find a single 12 gauge shell in the air extremely effective.

More and more stuff pointing to this guy being an anti-conservative, anti-Trumper. Photos of him at anti-Trump rallies, wearing a pussy hat, holding signs. More information coming out that Antifa material has been found amongst his belongings.

I've held off listening to Alex Jones for quite some time because he's a crazy conspiracy theorist and sometimes full of shit, but this video features a prediction and some other info that was being put out by Antifa.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9c9_1506949343

So let's do just do status quo because that's working....or since the gun industry sales are falling because they can't market against 44 try to reintroduce silencers....that is what the NRA is lobbying for. Find me a credible person in law enforcement in favour of that.

When people trespass on our property....I find a single 12 gauge shell in the air extremely effective.

What changes do you think would actually prevent *this* incident from happening? What could be restricted, or what sort of checks and balances would have stopped it? No sarcasm or ball breaking, im seriously asking, because i don't have any ideas.

I legitimately can't think of any. If you're ok with breaking the law, even a mildly motivated person could build anything illegal they wanted. Or like Robster said, totally eliminate guns and the guy would just ram a dumptruck down freemont street. Those little bollards they have are little more than a visual deterrent.

What changes do you think would actually prevent *this* incident from happening? What could be restricted, or what sort of checks and balances would have stopped it? No sarcasm or ball breaking, im seriously asking, because i don't have any ideas.

I legitimately can't think of any. If you're ok with breaking the law, even a mildly motivated person could build anything illegal they wanted. Or like Robster said, totally eliminate guns and the guy would just ram a dumptruck down freemont street. Those little bollards they have are little more than a visual deterrent.

I don't disagree.....Pandora's box has been opened a long time ago. 300 million weapons in circulation. Since gun ownership is so polarized an Australia style repeal....god knows where that would end. I'll just say this, if nothing changes, there is another psycho out there gunning for the record.

Why are the shooter's political leanings being discussed? He was clearly a very deranged man, what difference does it make, or what point are you trying to make about that?

I might be wrong, but from what I've read, silencers were only subjected to regulation in the first place because the U.S. Department of Fish & Wildlife during the Great Depression didn't like people using firearms with silencers to poach various animals because they wanted food.

Silencers do not make weapons silent, they just reduce the decibel level to a more safe amount. If you have to use a gun for self-defense in your home, ear muffs are not necessarily a good solution, because you may not want to put them on so that you can hear where the criminal is and if you family is asleep, they won't be able to put them on. If you have to fire the weapon indoors, you are going to be subjected to an extremely loud crack, and if it's in a hallway, probably even louder (like how a vacuum gets louder when in a hallway). The crack could permanently damage your hearing and in the short term, make you deaf, which means you may not be able to use the phone to dial 911 or even hear the commands of police if they see you and think you are the criminal. Silencers should not be restricted because some criminal might use them in a mass shooting IMO.

BTW, warning shots are generally illegal, and especially in California, so I'd be careful about firing 12 gauge shots in the air for trespassers.

I don't disagree.....Pandora's box has been opened a long time ago. 300 million weapons in circulation. Since gun ownership is so polarized an Australia style repeal....god knows where that would end. I'll just say this, if nothing changes, there is another psycho out there gunning for the record.

IMO, the guns aren't the issue. Something else is going on in society that is causing this mass killing. Maybe the breakdown of the mental health system to some degree, who knows, but this kind of stuff did not happen back in 1960s, 70s, and 80s, and yet the guns were just as available then.

I saw a post stating they now believe it was AR's with bump stocks. Cant say ive ever seen one in action.....but could that have been it? And it just seems all of these senseless killings have some sort of driver, whether that be racism, mental illness (wanting to be the joker IRL), anger/revenge (columbine), or religious drivers. What in the hell could have driven this guy to do all this?

To be fair, that sounds a lot like "wreckless discharge of a firearm," more than likely a misdemeanor in your area. And considering it's fired into the air, you are now indangering neighbors and others of being struck by a falling projectile, potentially killing or maiming them. I would recommend attending a local gun safety course as a refresher on responsible gun ownership practices. ;)

Seems real. Mods- please feel free to remove if you find it inappropriate.

*NSFW Image Below of Vegas Shooter Remains*

post-629-1507036555_thumb.jpg

Just saw this on Facebook and thought it was interesting. (Vid shot by a taxi driver right alongside the Mandalay Bay). At the 4:56 mark it looks like there is a strobe light (could that be muzzle flash?) from around the 4th floor. Second shooter? Apparently the video keeps getting removed so not sure how long it will be up. Lot of speculation in the comments about where the shots are actually coming from, whether or not its multiple locations, etc. I am at work so I had to watch it without audio.

EDIT: Reading further, looks like several people have confirmed it was just a strobe light, apparently it was mentioned on the police scanner as well.

Some of the vids/pics that have come out since this happened are absolutely terrifying. RIP to all of the victims and prayers to their families and friends left behind. :(

What in the hell could have driven this guy to do all this?

He had guns. He amassed an arsenal of killing machines. He was normal. He wouldn't hurt a fly. He had guns. He killed with them. He was a gambler. he had a girlfriend. He had guns.

Yes, he had big powerful killing machines. Whoever sold him these guns needs to hang in the center of town on a pole by his balls.

He had guns. He amassed an arsenal of killing machines. He was normal. He wouldn't hurt a fly. He had guns. He killed with them. He was a gambler. he had a girlfriend. He had guns.

Yes, he had big powerful killing machines. Whoever sold him these guns needs to hang in the center of town on a pole by his balls.

That's rational......And completely irrelevant. So in your thoughts, he just killed because he had the guns. Coming from a Chicago native, you wont be the first I'd ask on how to handle this situation as your city is the pinnacle case study on how more laws and gun control DONT work.....

I saw a post stating they now believe it was AR's with bump stocks. Cant say ive ever seen one in action.....but could that have been it? And it just seems all of these senseless killings have some sort of driver, whether that be racism, mental illness (wanting to be the joker IRL), anger/revenge (columbine), or religious drivers. What in the hell could have driven this guy to do all this?

No way a 5.56 (AR) is doing that kind of damage from that distance. It had to be heavier like a 762 from an RPD or rpk especially with the fire rate.

Just saw this on Facebook and thought it was interesting. (Vid shot by a taxi driver right alongside the Mandalay Bay). At the 4:56 mark it looks like there is a strobe light (could that be muzzle flash?) from around the 4th floor. Second shooter? Apparently the video keeps getting removed so not sure how long it will be up. Lot of speculation in the comments about where the shots are actually coming from, whether or not its multiple locations, etc. I am at work so I had to watch it without audio.

EDIT: Reading further, looks like several people have confirmed it was just a strobe light, apparently it was mentioned on the police scanner as well.

Some of the vids/pics that have come out since this happened are absolutely terrifying. RIP to all of the victims and prayers to their families and friends left behind. :(

At the beginning of the video before the taxi moves the shots are clearly coming from two separate locations are they not?! Very close and much further away and then very close again. And not the echoes, there was way too much time in between rounds.

That's rational......And completely irrelevant. So in your thoughts, he just killed because he had the guns. Coming from a Chicago native, you wont be the first I'd ask on how to handle this situation as your city is the pinnacle case study on how more laws and gun control DONT work.....

I would like to see a handgun do this damage from 1,000 feet. You don't get it do you? He needed these big ass weapons for one reason only and now we all know why. There is no reason for them to exist. To shoot milk jugs in the back yard?

No way a 5.56 (AR) is doing that kind of damage from that distance. It had to be heavier like a 762 from an RPD or rpk especially with the fire rate.

That was my thought as well. but if hes just raining bullets down, whose to say what damage it was. Ive seen some of the pictures (didn't go searching) and didn't see many severed limbs from a larger SMG. I also found it strange that you couldn't hear the bullets hitting anything when they first rang out, which might have just been them hitting elsewhere not in the video. I just figured with that many bullets coming down you'd hear some ricochet off the ground, or whiz by.