Shooter in Las Vegas

Kerplop

Ok. The general aviation side of mccarran is closest to the Mandalay. This guy owns a bunch of planes. Knows his way around the GA side of an airport.

My theory . He picked this concert because of its proximity to McCarren. He was going to park his car full of tannerite near the fuel tanks and blow it the fcuk up.

Something caused him to abort that part and just shoot at the fuel tanks themselves. Which. Don’t blow up like in the movies.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was shooting at (huge) aviation fuel tanks next to the concert. Mccarran is right next door. I was surprised he didn’t shoot at landing planes.

Did you get information of concentrated bullet damage on the exterior of the tanks? If there was, that's really interesting and your theory is the first time I've heard the tanks/airport even discussed. Could be a glimpse into his wider plans.

EDIT: Ok, I just read the Las Vegas Review Jourbal article on this subject.

You realize statistically in the US, there is a mass shooting once a week, right? Why is it that we have so many more than the rest of the world per capita? I don't care if you own guns, I own a few myself, but the private party sale loophole, gun show loophole, and all these accessory runarounds make no sense. Where does it end? How do you think it would work if there was no regulation whatsoever? Obviously there is a middle ground and where we are at, you do nothing, it will only continue. PS, that Washington Post article didn't mention that the GOP has canned funding for the CDC to investigate guns and their effect on public health, so we don't have a clue about what does and doesn't solve this issue. The NRA has this country by the balls and will never let go

There is no "private party sale loophole" or "gun show loophole." To be a loophole means that there has to be an existing law against it, and due to some quirk, you can still violate the spirit of the law without violating the law itself. But there is no law against private party sales without background checks. The background check law only applies to sales of guns through licensed gun dealers. The reason is because in order to cover private party sales, you'd have to require registration of firearms, and that is a no-go considering that gun registration always leads to gun confiscation.

Regarding the CDC, the reason their funding got canned (it actually didn't, just they couldn't use it to promote gun control) was because they got caught red-handed back in the 1990s engaging in biased research to promote gun control. In addition, the CDC has no business studying gun violence because it is not a public health issue. Public health deals with physical things and how they can affect health, whether they be chemical pollutants in the air or water, germs of various kinds in the air/water/food, automobile safety, etc...it does not deal with why humans use certain items to harm others.

For example, how airbags were found to suffocate children in the front seat, was a public health issue. If you have a problem with people falling down stairs in their home, studying how to prevent that is a public health issue. Ways to prevent accidental shootings with guns, can be a public health issue. On the other hand, if you have a problem with people using cars to run other people over, that is not a public health issue, it is a criminology issue. If you have a problem with people pushing others down the stairs, again, that's criminology. And regarding people using firearms to kill other people, that is a criminology issue.

The public health profession has been trying for years to act as if they are some authority that should be listened to on the issue of gun violence, but they aren't. They are no more qualified to comment on it than criminologists are to research the effectiveness of vaccines and pharmaceuticals.

https://streamable.com/ib8sd

What an American

“I will never lie down when the President of this great country comes to shake my hand! There may be plenty of issues in this country but I will always respect my country, my president and my flag. Shot in the leg or not, I will stand to show my President the respect he deserves”

What a champion! I hope he makes a full recovery.

There is no "private party sale loophole" or "gun show loophole." To be a loophole means that there has to be an existing law against it, and due to some quirk, you can still violate the spirit of the law without violating the law itself. But there is no law against private party sales without background checks. The background check law only applies to sales of guns through licensed gun dealers.

First you say there is no loophole. Then you describe what a loophole is. Lastly you describe the laws, which fits your loophole explanation perfectly. :eusa_think:

Wow.....

There's thing called Google

All private party firearm transfers are supposed to be done with a 3rd party with a current active FFL. Period end of story.

That's the only legal way to transfer ownership of a firearm in America.

If it's a class 3 weapon, gets more complex.

New business please!!!!!

Best

Eric

Wow.....

There's thing called Google, try using it......

All private party firearm transfers are supposed to be done with a 3rd party with a current active FFL. Period end of story.

New business please!!!!!

Best

Eric

Wow.....

There's thing called Google

New business please!!!!!

Best

Eric

According to what? There are a few states with such a requirement (like CA), but private party sales to a buyer in the same state are mostly unregulated as far as I know.

Was shooting at (huge) aviation fuel tanks next to the concert. Mccarran is right next door. I was surprised he didn’t shoot at landing planes.

He wouldn't have been able to shoot them to ignite them. You can take a match to JP5 and nothing will happen. Tannerite might be a different story like you suggested.

He wouldn't have been able to shoot them to ignite them. You can take a match to JP5 and nothing will happen. Tannerite might be a different story like you suggested.

.... and if some those storage tanks that were shot at had contained av fuel (gas) ?

Questions that need to be answered.

What did the girlfriend know and how involved was she in the planning if any?

Who was the woman that was reported by many people to have come to the front of the concert venue and told people there that they were going to die tonight and then removed by security from the venue?

What was written on the pink piece of paper on the table next to the gunman?

Why did the FBI state that he checked into the hotel on the 28th but receipts from restaurants at the hotel show two guest and a bill with his name on it from the 27th?

Paddock is shown to have worked for Lockheed Martin doing work for NASA in the past. Was that him in the pink shirt with NASA written on front at the anti-Trump rally in Nevada?

Questions that need to be answered.

Paddock is shown to have worked for Lockheed Martin doing work for NASA in the past.

Did he work on the development of a TT Murci SV? ...aaaandd I'm going to hell

Wow.....

There's thing called Google, try using it......

New business please!!!!!

Best

Eric

Thats how I understand it too. You can't even buy an AR lower and not go through an FFL to register it. The people who are least educated on gun laws are always the ones with the loudest voices.

Did he work on the development of a TT Murci SV? ...aaaandd I'm going to hell

HAHAHAHA!!!! Holy Shit! :lol2:

Thats how I understand it too. You can't even buy an AR lower and not go through an FFL to register it. The people who are least educated on gun laws are always the ones with the loudest voices.

You might want to start listening to some of those loud voices (or soft ones) as your understanding is wrong. Perfectly legal and undocumented private party sales take place every day in various parts of the country. Now you can't claim you're an unregulated private party if you're selling 50 or 100 guns a month or something as then you're considered to be "in business" and subject to dealer regs, but occasional sales are fine and are subject to minimal regulations in most states. There are a few like CA that require private sellers to go through a licensed dealer and do a background check, etc., but most only prohibit transfer to persons known to be ineligible to possess a firearm (underage, intoxicated, known felons, etc.), and don't require any documentation be made or kept.

Keep it a bit civil please.

Don't raise the insult level raise your ability to convince the other party.

There are many view points on guns and access to them in the US which incits heated debate. Be better than the other person

Keep it a bit civil please.

Don't raise the insult level raise your ability to convince the other party.

There are many view points on guns and access to them in the US which incits heated debate. Be better than the other person

I acknowledge your response and retort by calling you a poopy dooodooface booger eater.

I acknowledge your response and retort by calling you a poopy dooodooface booger eater.

I acknowledge your response by accusing you of being an avid presser of flowers and creator of fancy brooches.

Now back to demented fucktard in vegas.

What do we know?

I acknowledge your response by accusing you of being an avid presser of flowers and creator of fancy brooches.

Now back to demented fucktard in vegas.

What do we know?

I'm a firm believer that Cappy was the one to dress like Monopoly man and fly to DC just to troll the Equifax folks, hahaha.

Firearm transfer laws are a Fereral matter hence the goverenence by a FFL(Federal Firearms License). Christ sakes this place is erroding into a.....nevermind.

I'll come back when educated people are here with meaningful content. Until then I'll be elsewhere.

Later

Firearm transfer laws are a Fereral matter hence the goverenence by a FFL(Federal Firearms License). Christ sakes this place is erroding into a.....nevermind.

I'll come back when educated people are here with meaningful content. Until then I'll be elsewhere.

Later

We aren't talking about FFL's. We're talking about casual sales between private parties, which are not subject to any federal requirements. You were correct earlier when you said that a simple Google search would answer this question, but for whatever reason you apparently haven't performed one. Perhaps Roman might care to clear this up. Or you can check out this state by state list of laws on private sales (which would be unnecessary if the feds required all sales to go through FFL's): Private Gun Sale Laws by State