Shooter in Las Vegas

Kerplop

I would like to see a handgun do this damage from 1,000 feet. You don't get it do you? He needed these big ass weapons for one reason only and now we all know why. There is no reason for them to exist. To shoot milk jugs in the back yard?

If he is actually using a large belt fed SMG, I completely agree with you......

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is actually using a large belt fed SMG, I completely agree with you......

Thank you. We need to find out how he acquired this equipment. Yes, we have gun problems here, but handguns are rampant and there is no way they will be eliminated ever, so the problem persists. The use of the guns, however is 99% used by gangs, drug dealers, etc who have "reasons" for shooting up the neighborhood. Until these users disappear, we will continue to have deaths related to handguns. 57 deaths last month, a total equal to this destruction on a monthly basis.

He had guns. He amassed an arsenal of killing machines. He was normal. He wouldn't hurt a fly. He had guns. He killed with them. He was a gambler. he had a girlfriend. He had guns.

Yes, he had big powerful killing machines. Whoever sold him these guns needs to hang in the center of town on a pole by his balls.

:lol2: what do you get your talking points and news from "Late Night hosts" as well? Please, blaming the tool is an intellectually weak argument and simply laughable.

You can't legislate the hearts of men. Evil will find a way. Whether it's a truck like in European attacks, guns in England and Australia (where they are shockingly heavily regulated or banned) or airplanes. Separate your emotions, pull your head from the echo chamber and look deeper than the lame statement "he has guns."

:lol2: what do you get your talking points and news from "Late Night hosts" as well? Please, blaming the tool is an intellectually weak argument and simply laughable.

You can't legislate the hearts of men. Evil will find a way. Whether it's a truck like in European attacks, guns in England and Australia (where they are shockingly heavily regulated or banned) or airplanes. Separate your emotions, pull your head from the echo chamber and look deeper than the lame statement "he has guns."

Ok, do you think he would have parked himself up on that 32 story hill if he did not have these types of weapons then? I don't watch TV at all. It is a waste of time. I am not on Facebook, I have no Instagram account like the rest of you.

Ok, do you think he would have parked himself up on that 32 story hill if he did not have these types of weapons then? I don't watch TV at all. It is a waste of time. I am not on Facebook, I have no Instagram account like the rest of you.

No, he obviously wouldn't have done *this exact thing*. He would have done *insert next easy target I can hit with 8 tons of Mack truck*.

The implication that if *x* didn't exist, *Y* never would have happened, where Y=evil guy doing evil shit looking for a body count is ridiculous. Anytime someone is so intent on carrying out something like this they go into it prepared and knowing they will die, and still follow through, there is almost nothing you can do to stop it (assuming he isn't on an FBI watch list or some other circumstance).

Your argument is further moot because as far as we know, what he used was already illegal. Would making it more illegal somehow change that?

Even if we eradicated the sale and ownership of rifles in the US, it STILL wouldn't stop someone that was even a little bit motivated.

I'm all for enacting some type of change that will actually have a positive effect, but i'm also very much against adding more laws and restrictions knowing full well it won't change a damn thing. If you have a real suggestion or solution please share it, but thus far I haven't heard it.

So let's do just do status quo because that's working....or since the gun industry sales are falling because they can't market against 44 try to reintroduce silencers....that is what the NRA is lobbying for. Find me a credible person in law enforcement in favour of that.

When people trespass on our property....I find a single 12 gauge shell in the air extremely effective.

Gun sales are falling because people are no longer afraid of the POTUS trying to help take them away. NRA is lobbying for suppressors which are still as loud as a jackhammer when being fired-try it some time. They're not as quiet as you think.

Firing a shot in the air is extremely illegal. Joe Biden was an idiot when he recommended this. You aren't authorized to give warning shots as a citizen or a police officer.

No way a 5.56 (AR) is doing that kind of damage from that distance. It had to be heavier like a 762 from an RPD or rpk especially with the fire rate.

It definitely can. The maximum effective range of an M16 is 600 yards. It will still penetrate and will still be lethal, especially from an elevated position.

I would like to see a handgun do this damage from 1,000 feet. You don't get it do you? He needed these big ass weapons for one reason only and now we all know why. There is no reason for them to exist. To shoot milk jugs in the back yard?

There is a reason for them to exist, and that's because it is our right for them to exist in case of government tyranny. 99.9999% of gun owners I know in California are not compliant with gun laws. More laws aren't going to solve anything. And as Ben Shapiro said (roughly), He needs an AR15 because he has relatives who are ashes in Europe thanks to not being armed. The minute we lose the right to bear arms becomes the day freedom truly dies.

Thank you. We need to find out how he acquired this equipment. Yes, we have gun problems here, but handguns are rampant and there is no way they will be eliminated ever, so the problem persists. The use of the guns, however is 99% used by gangs, drug dealers, etc who have "reasons" for shooting up the neighborhood. Until these users disappear, we will continue to have deaths related to handguns. 57 deaths last month, a total equal to this destruction on a monthly basis.

He acquired them legally, just as he would a U-Haul truck if he wanted to mow the crowd down.

The problem you have in your city, Key, and many others, is that the people that are prosecuted for crimes involving guns are not punished to the full extent of the law. If they were, you'd see a lot less repeat offenders on the street.

No, he obviously wouldn't have done *this exact thing*. He would have done *insert next easy target I can hit with 8 tons of Mack truck*.

The implication that if *x* didn't exist, *Y* never would have happened, where Y=evil guy doing evil shit looking for a body count is ridiculous. Anytime someone is so intent on carrying out something like this they go into it prepared and knowing they will die, and still follow through, there is almost nothing you can do to stop it (assuming he isn't on an FBI watch list or some other circumstance).

Your argument is further moot because as far as we know, what he used was already illegal. Would making it more illegal somehow change that?

Even if we eradicated the sale and ownership of rifles in the US, it STILL wouldn't stop someone that was even a little bit motivated.

I'm all for enacting some type of change that will actually have a positive effect, but i'm also very much against adding more laws and restrictions knowing full well it won't change a damn thing. If you have a real suggestion or solution please share it, but thus far I haven't heard it.

Gun sales are falling because people are no longer afraid of the POTUS trying to help take them away. NRA is lobbying for suppressors which are still as loud as a jackhammer when being fired-try it some time. They're not as quiet as you think.

Firing a shot in the air is extremely illegal. Joe Biden was an idiot when he recommended this. You aren't authorized to give warning shots as a citizen or a police officer.

It definitely can. The maximum effective range of an M16 is 600 yards. It will still penetrate and will still be lethal, especially from an elevated position.

There is a reason for them to exist, and that's because it is our right for them to exist in case of government tyranny. 99.9999% of gun owners I know in California are not compliant with gun laws. More laws aren't going to solve anything. And as Ben Shapiro said (roughly), He needs an AR15 because he has relatives who are ashes in Europe thanks to not being armed. The minute we lose the right to bear arms becomes the day freedom truly dies.

He acquired them legally, just as he would a U-Haul truck if he wanted to mow the crowd down.

The problem you have in your city, Key, and many others, is that the people that are prosecuted for crimes involving guns are not punished to the full extent of the law. If they were, you'd see a lot less repeat offenders on the street.

Great posts Emanon and Ian.

Of course it would still be lethal I just dont think it would do the kind of damage described

I’m not anti Gun, but the ole, ‘to form a militia’ arguement against a ruthless government is quite outdated. Just ask any of the recent militias that succeeded in fending off the federal government.

I do have a question, why is access to supresssors important? Why so you need silencers?

EDIT: quick search gives the answer.

“silencers, perhaps more accurately described as sound suppressors, reduce noise and prevent damage to shooters’ ears, mitigate recoil, can increase accuracy and generally make shooting more pleasurable for all concerned. ”

I’m not anti Gun, but the ole, ‘to form a militia’ arguement against a ruthless government is quite outdated. Just ask any of the recent militias that succeeded in fending off the federal government.

I do have a question, why is access to supresssors important? Why so you need silencers? This question is because I truly don’t know.

The general argument is so that you can go shoot and not have to worry about your hearing getting blasted. I honestly enjoy shooting with a can better, but its a long way from "silent". You just don't hear a buzzing in your ear for an hour after shooting with one and no hearing protection. The best reason ive heard is for home protection. Because no one throws on hearing protection when they go downstairs to see who broke in.

Again, the weapons, nor "these types" are not the reason or cause of the attack. By that logic a gun store, military base or firearm trade show would be the most dangerous places on earth. No one would make it out alive, yet shockingly they do. An inanimate object, like a gun does not operate unless someone with will and intent is pulling a trigger. A room full of weapons does nothing. A sick asshole hellbent of destroying people's lives will do just that, regardless of what is available to him. Now have officials come out with exactly which weapons were used? Ive seen unconfirmed reports he had ammonium nitrate in his vehicle, which loosely translates as a car bomb. So would you want to say the car is the issue now?

So because you don't use social media you're automatically better than "the rest of[us]?" You're entitled to your opinion, but just because you're wrong doesn't mean you have to be a condescending elitist about it.

EF4B47F8_048C_4855_B63E_5A88629412FE_26700_000016183F63781F.jpeg

At the beginning of the video before the taxi moves the shots are clearly coming from two separate locations are they not?! Very close and much further away and then very close again. And not the echoes, there was way too much time in between rounds.

It is echo. Sound travels only 340m/s so it is not even that far away, echo is coming most obviously from next tall hotel facing the driver. which is more far away so sound travels first there and then back so echo takes twice the time.

Want to guess were 57 Americans were also killed last month?

I’ll give you a hint. It has the strictest hand gun control in the country and should be a liberals wet dream, especially one that doesn’t use social media

It is echo. Sound travels only 340m/s so it is not even that far away, echo is coming most obviously from next tall hotel facing the driver. which is more far away so sound travels first there and then back so echo takes twice the time.

Im talking about at 5 seconds, then at 45 seconds, then again much closer at 1:07. I'm aware that sound travels much slower but it doesn't take a whole 40 seconds to not only echo but add a dozen shots to the round... I doubt shooting from only 10 windows down causes the sound to change THAT drastically but what do I know.

LV2.jpg

LV1.jpg

First gun looks like an FN15, 18" barrel, slide fire with a 100rd surefire mag.

2nd looks like a .308 (based on the mag), but I can't make out anything else.

post-22556-1507048000_thumb.jpg

post-22556-1507047991_thumb.jpg

First gun looks like an FN15, 18" barrel, slide fire with a 100rd surefire mag.

2nd looks like a .308 (based on the mag), but I can't make out anything else.

Paddock had four Daniel Defense DDM4 rifles, three FN-15s and other rifles made by Sig Sauer

I'm quite interested to hear from the gun experts here if these really could be the weapons used, considering a few thought there was belt-fed weaponry.

I really don't trust anyone these days and could easily see these being planted or solely focused on to further the anti-gun agenda.

I'm quite interested to hear from the gun experts here if these really could be the weapons used, considering a few thought there was belt-fed weaponry.

I really don't trust anyone these days and could easily see these being planted or solely focused on to further the anti-gun agenda.

Skip to 2:19

a bumpfire stock allows the stock to slide about half an inch instead of a fixed postion. It uses the recoil from the last round fired to push the rifle backwards and then the person firing pushes forward on the muzzle and it creates an effect where you have the rifle bouncing off the finger. If you get good at it,it creates a full auto effect, but where the rifle and firing pin,trigger etc havent been modified its completely legal

a .308 is a heavy round used in big game hunting. 400-600 yards from the Mandalay to the concert venue is less than half of its effective range

That's my thought, I don't doubt they were there, but i'm wondering if there was some big hardware as well. I would think if he had a registered 1919 or 240 we would have heard about it by now.

Yep. Aware of bump stock function. I was asking if the sound clips match a bump stock rifle sound. Or if anyone still thought belt fed.

I've talked to a a couple more versed than I, and they speculate a crank style trigger feature. Where every turn gets 4-5 rounds, which matches the audible variances of the shooting pattern. Speculation though as nothing confirmed.