Texas Invitational 2017 KOTS Update Thread

VentadorGER

WHAT HAPPENED THIS YEAR??? Guess ill be sending my GTR in for some upgrades over the Huracan.... JK :)

Hahaha. I think we should all remember what the class they´re racing in is called: King of the STREETS. Decide for yourself LOL

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit. They brought some of their biggest builds. And you can’t tell me that Bob Helms ornRichard Fowler didn’t give a fiuck. They wanna win whenever they take the car off the trailer.

Looks like 1) the competition has REALLY stepped up and/or 2) they’ve maximized the grip in the R888 and need something more.

You hit it on the nose bro. We aren’t even close to turned up all the way and losing traction even in 5th and that’s how I spun out. Gonna have to get more downforce and do something about the tires these cars are too fast now. On my spin out I have another 500hp to go in 5th and I spun out on WOT with lower boost smh. Car is OK and so am I. I’ll be back next year with a vengeance.

My brother ross is still in and has a shot!

You hit it on the nose bro. We aren’t even close to turned up all the way and losing traction even in 5th and that’s how I spun out. Gonna have to get more downforce and do something about the tires these cars are too fast now. On my spin out I have another 500hp to go in 5th and I spun out on WOT with lower boost smh. Car is OK and so am I. I’ll be back next year with a vengeance.

Performante wing adds downforce without adding drag ;)

Glad you are ok Man, sounds like its time to trade up for a performante :P

Performante wing adds downforce without adding drag ;)

Not enough downforce, and an inefficient way to shed drag. You guys need a splitter to keep the nose from lifting too much and an active rear wing that you can DRS once the car hooks. And better tires

Nice finals now. T1 vs UGR. UGR needs better tyres.

should be a close one for sure. I am sure UGR will try and jump Tony.

Nice finals now. T1 vs UGR. UGR needs better tyres.

The only route from here tire wise is to go to a 15" radial (MT ET Street R or Hoosier DR2). Definitely would help out a lot traction wise. Not particularly a looker but that is the next step probably

I thought UGR already looked into DRs and for some reason they didn't work well.

they will be fine with the tires they have. motor is on top of the tires and they are doing just fine on the hit.

I thought UGR already looked into DRs and for some reason they didn't work well.

That was years ago when they have not had a sequential gear box. Also it really did not look good on a gallardo. Huracans have larger wheels housings though. Also back then they decided it was not yet necessary to use the really beefy tires. Up until today they had been doing just fine beating the competition on semi slicks

they will be fine with the tires they have. motor is on top of the tires and they are doing just fine on the hit.

Look up about 10 posts. See post from someone who is actually there racing. You're always right though... tires are not a problem.

Glad you are ok Man, sounds like its time to trade up for a performante :P

I got one coming in January 😜

That was years ago when they have not had a sequential gear box. Also it really did not look good on a gallardo. Huracans have larger wheels housings though. Also back then they decided it was not yet necessary to use the really beefy tires. Up until today they had been doing just fine beating the competition on semi slicks

Again thanks for clarifying, will be interesting to see what UGR will decide to do!

Definitely not fine with the tires we have ... I spun out on WOT in 5th come on bro lol.

I got one coming in January 😜

Thats the spirit! Haaah, were you planning to have her X packaged or the lighter Stage 3 for street use and retaining the DCT?

Thats the spirit! Haaah, were you planning to have her X packaged or the lighter Stage 3 for street use and retaining the DCT?

X version and DCT can be had in the same car by now

X version and DCT can be had in the same car by now

That will make things really interesting, did any of the X feature the new billet gears?