Texas Invitational 2017 KOTS Update Thread

VentadorGER

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year. Every outcome.

All the people who don't have fast cars, Bitch about a race they were not in.

Want to make a difference. Build a car.

So it seems the event is over? I am not sure how many will participate next year if this goes unaddressed.

TI is definitely overdue for some rule changes and overall organizational and technical overhaul. As well as live event coverage. Lots of improvements can be made for both smoother and fairer racing and fan/viewer enjoyment

IMO these changes also include the definition "street car".

Nothing ... Kevin gets his “bragging” rights with no respect from anyone there

I’m glad he did what he did and that was the right thing to do

Every year. Every outcome.

All the people who don't have fast cars, Bitch about a race they were not in.

Want to make a difference. Build a car.

True and nothing but respect to tony for being faster and faster every year 👍

I didn’t hit the brakes until after I lost control. I almost did the same thing during qualifying earlier today but I saved it. I was WOT when ur went into a spin. Honestly I don’t even know why I’m arguing with you lmao.

Your not arguing , I trust your word went off the video.

All good! Glad you were safe . Great save

So it seems the event is over? I am not sure how many will participate next year if this goes unaddressed.

This is TI and next year we will see more and more faster cars

TI is definitely overdue for some rule changes and overall organizational and technical overhaul. As well as live event coverage. Lots of improvements can be made for both smoother and fairer racing and fan/viewer enjoyment

Ditto. But I doubt it will happen. The first change should be the venue it self, the strip is just too short for how fast these cars are making the staging distance just not sufficient.

Again as a guy from the GTR camp with a GTR, if I did slingshot, but the light was green and same tactic was done at earlier races and no one contested and the judge turned a blind eye to it, I also wouldn't rerace knowing that the competition is way faster and odds are against me, so I am basically handing over the win if I rerace, I assure you this would also happen if the race was from an underdog GTR vs a more powerful UGR.

It is also worth pointing out Ross knew he slingshotted and went back to the staging lanes to rerace, but Kevin contested.

It is what it is, cant have double standards.

Congrats team UGR on the win and KOTS!

He chased

I think it was clear Tony was caught by surprise, but as I stated earlier, its very well noted and documented how hard Ross Slingshotted, this is why he went back to the staging lanes for the rerun before Kevin contested it. Rightfully so as earlier slingshotters were not permitted a rematch, despite it wasnt as hard or greater differential as on this run. It was still a slingshot.

Maybe the light was green when he came from behind. And Tony had bad reaction time

The light went green and Ross beat him. End of story a race is a race if the light turns green.

If it was the other way around I would ask Ross "Did the light turn green?" ... "Yes" .... "Well then you lost because green means a race is a race"

Otherwise why not just not do KOTS and give 1st place to whoever traps highest and call it King of the Trap? It's a street race and the light turned GREEN.

Im glad this forum is back on track with cars.... thats ALL I have to say at this point.

Congrats to everyone... especially the T1 for the record. NO ONE can contest that. It did seem like UGR came in a little weak this year.

The light went green and Ross beat him. End of story a race is a race if the light turns green.

If it was the other way around I would ask Ross "Did the light turn green?" ... "Yes" .... "Well then you lost because green means a race is a race"

Otherwise why not just not do KOTS and give 1st place to whoever traps highest and call it King of the Trap? It's a street race and the light turned GREEN.

we all know that Jeezy is the King of the Trap....

:ph34r:

Very well said 👍

Also classic sleeping at the light. From the live stream view Ross goes on green and Tony's reaction time is almost a full second late. Sucks it ended this way. Tony's car is a monster.

People lost for respect for Kevin , not the driver . VERY WEAK move on Kevin’s part.

Maybe this will teach tony to stop going first off line and let uG go first and pace them .

I don’t care if tony lost if it was even slightly close on the hit... this was garbage

Who lost respect for Kevin? Lmao.... UGR won more KOS than all the competition combine...

97 users at one time reading this forum!! Wow T1 and UGR business just picked up today!

230mph is on fast. Would love to see another angle of that last run. As well as see how the green car could have put down any more power.

Also classic sleeping at the light. From the live stream view Ross goes on green and Tony's reaction time is almost a full second late. Sucks it ended this way. Tony's car is a monster.

Thats the angle I want to see. If Ross didn't jump the green and Tony was zzzz on the light, then it's a fair win. Im not sure why Ross was 2 cars back at the start, but if he didnt jump the green then it doesn't matter.

Did the officials really call that race? If so, that gets tricky.

VegasGTR is putting a ton of misinformation out on this thread.

Right lane must pace left lane. That rule was broken by Tony. Ross was simply trying to catch Tony to get paced up in time. (Tony took off fast from the burn out box) There is a very short distance to do this. Ross caught Tony in the green zone, pulled antilag and when he was still behind Tony they hit the green light. We were told at the drivers meeting that if it's green it's a race. It was up to the drivers to decide on a rerace.

An Advisory Board is what they need consisting of?

I say representatives of the top tuners. That way they can all come together, hash everything out and come to an agreement of the rules and add a rule that the rules must be enforced on everyone, no exceptions.

Just my two cents