Texas Invitational King of the street finals race and vindication.

Underground Racing

Texas Invitational Recap (Please read carefully) I will try to make it as short as possible.

First off, I want to say congratulations to our customers for absolutely killing it this past weekend in their respected classes and to our clients and staff for staying respectful when others were not. Ross won the main event “King of the Streets” in his Underground Racing Twin Turbo Lamborghini Huracan, Micah won the manual “6 Speed Challenge” and the “195 MPH Trap Attack” in his Underground Racing Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera.

Good right? Well, it was not so great due to Ross being accused of cheating to win the final race and has been disrespectfully ridiculed since. The experience turned out to be very disappointing. There have been a lot of bad things said and false rumors stated online and at the event. We will leave that alone for now only to focus on the issues of the race that started the mess. A few very misleading video clips were put out that caused a lot of confusion as to what really happened. Hopefully the other shop owner will take the time to review the video and see if he sees it as we do being that it was indeed a fair start in the finals. Maybe we can clear the air at that point, let the drama rest and get back to focusing on the next event.

I was told some line judges were added to help make it more accurate, then I was told by another TSS member that its always been like that. There were quite a few instances were the TSS guys contradicted themselves and each other. We will leave that alone for now as well and just stay focused on the final race which they did a good job of making the decision to green light. As you will see in the video the race was well within the TSS starting rules.

Now, one TSS related issues that needs to be cleared up and has been a major point of the discussions is that we were told that the left lane is to SET the pace and the right lane is to PACE the left. This is normally done to help make pacing each other easier to get a green light. We were accused of lying about this rule and said there where no such rules about it and no one told us this. There has been so much trash being talked about us over claiming we made that up. Never ONCE did a TSS member acknowledge that we were indeed instructed to do so and that was very disappointing.

Well, it turns out we caught that on video more than one time, in fact it happened on the race in question. After some posts last night I had some pretty interesting stuff confessed to me but again I will put that aside for now so we can focus on the race. Thankfully we captured Ross being told this again by the TSS President himself as you will see in the video.

Moving on to the King of the Streets final race that WAS in question, Ross was up against a GTR that was extremely fast (shop race car). Before Ross raced we chatted about the challenge he was going face having to beat the car that was the top qualifier of the race at 230 mph. On Ross's tire setup, we could only get enough traction in high gear to run a 218 mph qualifying run which was pretty frustrating that we couldn't use a large portion of the power on tap. Ross knew he would have to stay focused and have a fast reaction time on the green light. It took a few attempts to get them off with a green light, like a lot of races typically do but Ross did a great job on his reaction as the video will show clearly Ross won with a near one second quicker reaction time ( the time difference in take off from the green light ). The light went green and they BOTH took off, only with the GTR taking off a little late, falling behind the GTR presses his emergency power button only to over power and spin the tires to fall further behind and gave up from there. Unfortunately, for the GTR the reaction time and tire spin both happening put the GTR at a huge disadvantage that there was no recovering from.

There was a side wide angle video released from a cell phone (side judge) that was VERY misleading as to what actually happened. Due to this angle of this view the perception is that there was an extreme gap between the cars and then a sling shot. Footage seen from the on car video will show that the cars were paced very closely compared to what was seen in the side angle video. There was also a two clip edited video of on car footage from the GTR that was not synced properly and made it out to look like a sling shot happened as well. Comparing the full GTR in car to the clipped version it is very obvious. As you will see from our full unclipped footage of each view there was no sling shot and it was a good decision on behalf of the TSS staff member to switch the light to green.

Roll racing is a simulated STREET RACE. No matter what happened after, the fact is these guys got a valid green light to race, both cars accelerated and it was a RACE. Judge for yourself. This is about as clean of a start as you will see in any roll racing environment. Hopefully this will clear the air that there was NO cheating involved, rather it was the GTR that made mistakes putting him at a disadvantage and it happens to the best of us sometimes, it’s a part of RACING.

Congrats to Ross for being the youngest KOS driver to win it all. The video is so specific, a three year old could understand it, however the haters and GTR fans will continue to discredit and trash. Reminds me of those libtards who deny actual facts. You can point at the sun, telling them, "look, there's the sun!" and they would respond with, "that's not the sun!"

#tonypalo --> #NoDoze

Congratulations. This video proves all the haters wrong. I knew it that the start was fair since I first watched the race live. But, this is a huge slap on the all the haters' faces and maybe just maybe they'll realize that the UGR victory was infact, fair.

Case Closed ...

Let's move on to the next event ...

In the meantime ... There's work to be done ...

It's a shame to have all that power available, and not be able to hook all of it ...

A little wiggle room might be in order on that "true street car" thing ...

Lining up against full on race cars requires certain adjustments ...

So let's pack the chutes (literally) ... After all braking from 240+ could be interesting ...

Given what just happened ... It's time to take the gloves off ...

Case Closed ...

Let's move on to the next event ...

In the meantime ... There's work to be done ...

It's a shame to have all that power available, and not be able to hook all of it ...

A little wiggle room might be in order on that "true street car" thing ...

Lining up against full on race cars requires certain adjustments ...

So let's pack the chutes (literally) ... After all braking from 240+ could be interesting ...

Given what just happened ... It's time to take the gloves off ...

Yes it is time!

Wow...this was very detailed and a classy way to handle the situation. Props to the UGR team and the Fowler’s on multiple levels!!! You boys can sure drive!

Some people argue without proof But I guess those 36 cameras on the UGR cars paid off this time, lol.

I love the idea of the 195mph trap racers, gives the smaller cars a fighting relatively safe chance to race. Over 200mph is just crazy speed, impressive.

Lmao!!! Let me get this right. T1 is showing motec logs for proof and you have 97 camera angles lmao!!

I really saw no damn sling shot. I’m actually amazed at how even paced the cars were.

Ross killed the light perfectly!!!

At those power levels the light is everything. If a car goes 195 and cuts a good light the other car will have to go 205 to catch it...ask me how I know...

At 216 mph and a better reaction time than I had the gtr would have had to gone 243+ to catch Ross.

Did Tony hit the emergency gtr fan club button? It signals all gtr drivers to scream unfair? Lol

All this arguing from a shop owner is disrespectful to the hobby. T1 lost fair and square. You even lost to a customer who has your product in his car. I would take my loss like a man and tell him he has one hell of a set of injectors in the car.

Congrats to UGR, crew, & Ross for the win.

Really looking forward to see what happens in Dallas next month.

All this arguing from a shop owner is disrespectful to the hobby. T1 lost fair and square. You even lost to a customer who has your product in his car. I would take my loss like a man and tell him he has one hell of a set of injectors in the car.

I agree. I had always respected Tony (don't know him) and considered him a humble human being based on his actions at previous TI's. I had stated at the event that if UR didn't win it, I would like to see Tony win it. Now all this instigating, fueling of fire, etc. is doing nothing but damaging not only the reputation of good folks, but racing itself. Tony, sorry dude but your own video of you distracted at the wheel, going into a semi-panic and reaching for a button may not convince your fan base and TSS that you were asleep at the wheel, but that video alone tells the whole story. Your car (though gutted to the bone) is bad-ass and fast as crap and congrats on the new course record. Without a doubt you will be back next year in full force but as a sponsor for the event the past several years, I more than likely won't be there.

#sendtonypalosomeNoDoze

Congrats to Ross for being the youngest KOS driver to win it all. The video is so specific, a three year old could understand it, however the haters and GTR fans will continue to discredit and trash. Reminds me of those libtards who deny actual facts. You can point at the sun, telling them, "look, there's the sun!" and they would respond with, "that's not the sun!"

#tonypalo --> #NoDoze

Exactly this ^^^

BIG Congrats to Ross.. Extreme Focus and Determination crowned him the King.

Great Job Kevin and UR for such support of your client for this event and always!

Very well made video. This makes it clear.

It would be propably easier for drivers if there was longer period from starting point to the green light point.

So make the track longer.

Sup y'all. :king:

This win is ours to cherish together.

Underground Racing For LIFE.

Yours Truly,

THE KING OF THE STREETS - Ross Regan Fowler

Sup y'all. :king:

This win is ours to cherish together.

Underground Racing For LIFE.

Yours Truly,

THE KING OF THE STREETS - Ross Regan Fowler

You taking yoshi and hulk to dallas along with the yellow one from 965?

You taking yoshi and hulk to dallas along with the yellow one from 965?

We'll leave that up to Kevin :)

I think we might sit back and wait for someone to break out record before we go back out.

I doubt that...I remember you saying at past 1/2 mile events that you regretted not doing more runs to get a certain number as a cushion when your record (250) was beaten by ETS (255).

Moreover your wonderful signature would be ruined and discontinued at 260 LOL

I think we might sit back and wait for someone to break out record before we go back out.

You better bring yo ass and drag965 X2 DCT build. We all know why that car didn't show up @TI, too busy getting upgraded ;)