The Performante encounter...

Fortis

Congrats! :eusa_dance: How far out is delivery?

SV + Performante in a glass garage :monkeyleft:

We are hopping for March 2018.

I will turn to get a turntable in so I can drive the Performante further into the house :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rimless rear view mirrors look nice but from what I was told they're not auto dimming which sucks. Were the G auto dimming mirrors that bad?

They auto dim. Same mirror as on the US spec 2018 RS3.

I will turn to get a turntable in so I can drive the Performante further into the house :icon_mrgreen:

Time for a double glass garage I think!

oh fcuk yeah! nice work!

Install an elevator with a turn table under the tree in your house! Your roof is already setup to have your tree stick out the top!

The auto dimming mirrors on the early Gallardos had quality issues. They leaked and the fluids inside were highly corrosive so not only did the cars had non-functioning dimming mirrors but the centre dashes were all damaged resulting from the corrosive fluids. That must had costed Lambo $$$ on warranty claims as subsequent Gallardos had manual dimming rear view mirrors.

Oh wow, I recall another manufacture having the same issues with leaking auto dimming mirrors back in the days. Probably a supplier issue.

Yes, it's auto-dimming, I just checked the manual, which refers to it as anti-dazzle.

As for efficacy, I'd have to actually evaluate it, but I've driven the car at night quite a bit and didn't notice it being noticeably worse than other systems. I'm predisposed to hate auto-dimming because they generally don't turn dark fast enough / dark enough for me, I'd rather just flip the lever.

Awesome, thanks for checking!

So here's the ad personam options I'm looking to get depending on prices:

-red seat belts

-painted tricolor/performante logo

-red piping on the sport seats (similar to what doctam3 has in his H spyder)

Time for a double glass garage I think!

Actually the glass garage is in my old house, in the new one there is no glass around the car itself, they pretty much live in the house :icon_mrgreen:

Install an elevator with a turn table under the tree in your house! Your roof is already setup to have your tree stick out the top!

Now that’s an idea, I think it would be easier just to build a new house. :icon_mrgreen:

So here's the ad personam options I'm looking to get depending on prices:

-red seat belts

-painted tricolor/performante logo

-red piping on the sport seats (similar to what doctam3 has in his H spyder)

Red seatbelts are easy, the Performante logo on the doors it’s a good idea to have painted I was told that the factory one came off on few cars lol.

What section are you suggesting that for ?

I think the forged carbon looks very good on this car on the parts it is applied, but if the whole exterior did have unpainted carbon ala Pagani, then this would look seriously mad.

Red seatbelts are easy, the Performante logo on the doors it’s a good idea to have painted I was told that the factory one came off on few cars lol.

LOL, I would be pissed. Plus it's easier to Xpel the entire door if the stripe/logo is painted.

That’s a great color, when will his car arrive?

Finishes being built on the 20th of Oct. ( today ) then flown into Sydney.

Hopefully before November!

Fortis, you nailed it. I love my V12 and there is just something magical about that NA engine, but holy cow is the Performante dialed in. I dare say it is a much better car than the Anniversario, the S and the SV. Still can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth but its true.

I think the forged carbon looks very good on this car on the parts it is applied, but if the whole exterior did have unpainted carbon ala Pagani, then this would look seriously mad.

as in carbon weave? Not forged?

It would look very good in exposed carbon, somone should do it.

Fortis, you nailed it. I love my V12 and there is just something magical about that NA engine, but holy cow is the Performante dialed in. I dare say it is a much better car than the Anniversario, the S and the SV. Still can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth but its true.

After spending time with the car I believe every word you just said before I would've said you are crazy :icon_mrgreen:

LOL, I would be pissed. Plus it's easier to Xpel the entire door if the stripe/logo is painted.

but you could never take it off if you decide you don't want it anymore, I guess you could wrap over it, I am still thinking whether I will have it on or off, kind of kills the sinister look I am going for.

Finishes being built on the 20th of Oct. ( today ) then flown into Sydney.

Hopefully before November!

Damn!! I want photos as soon as the beast is off the plane :icon_thumleft:

Beautiful classic combo. Congrats.

Personally I think the upgraded stereo system is a waste of money, it didn’t sound much better than the standard one , can you guys get Apple CarPlay?

My car was spec with Telemetry package & I guess in June we heard they deleted them all--some rumors about why but nothing ever confirmed. I asked again...still not available and no timetable. I am hearing, harness etc is in place and will be a dealer installed option so we shall see. In Corsa, lots of elements are already there including output from G-meter, Vmax etc.

My car was spec with Telemetry package & I guess in June we heard they deleted them all--some rumors about why but nothing ever confirmed. I asked again...still not available and no timetable. I am hearing, harness etc is in place and will be a dealer installed option so we shall see. In Corsa, lots of elements are already there including output from G-meter, Vmax etc.

So yours doesn’t have Apple CarPlay?