The Performante encounter...

Fortis

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shardul is the man! Thank you Blown SRT, he’s been great to deal with so far :icon_thumleft:

Hey Fortis

Did you ask if the spring rates are specific to the Perf or is it

the same part they are using for he 610?

Hey Fortis

I didn’t ask, I only asked about fitment, I will ask and report back.

Shardul is the man! Thank you Blown SRT, he’s been great to deal with so far :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: I placed my order yesterday and he was A+++

appreciate the help!

:iamwithstupid: I placed my order yesterday and he was A+++

appreciate the help!

I know he also sells spacers for the new R8 Line so you might want to ask

him if has them for the Huracan.

I know he also sells spacers for the new R8 Line so you might want to ask

him if has them for the Huracan.

He offered me spacers but I can’t install them because I have centre lock wheels.

Hey Fortis

He would not comment on spring rates, he told me that the springs were remade to suit the Performante, no idea what that means, either way it’s a cheap reversible mod.

He also emailed me the info below I hope this helps:

VelocityAP springs use exclusively high quality, high stress X5K Spring Steel. Although considerably more expensive than regular steel, this new generation steel allows us to further improve upon the original Lamborghini spring design by reducing the amount of steel required in a spring. VelocityAP springs are therefore substantially lighter (by approximately 30%) and reduce the solid height therefore increasing travel. X5K Spring Steel is used in almost all top levels of Motorsport, giving a hugely successful endorsement of its characteristics & proven durability.

In addition to the superior materials, these springs also feature a unique manufacturing process that sets them aside from most OEM & Aftermarket applications - a Tapered Wire Progressive Rate design. The Ultimate in Design. The principle is simple: By using a tapered rather than constant diameter spring wire, our springs achieve a truly progressive spring rate over the length of their compression & travel. The spring rate increases when you need it (cornering) and decreases when you don't - yielding a smooth and supple ride over bumpy surfaces. The best of both worlds!

By using this unique manufacturing method, we can achieve a substantial increase in spring rate with huge handling benefits with no loss of ride comfort. As the spring de-rates, the shock absorber no longer struggles for rebound control and gives improved vehicle stability.

I am slightly taller and around the same weight, you are spot on, they are perfect for our build but I can see how 100kg guys would cry LOL

I am 100kg guy and I cant wait to be crying in your Performante! ;)

Fortis - congrats to you and your brother! Your car is positively sinister in the best way! And I love the purple! I hope you both enjoy for many kilometers in the best of health!

Looking forward to more pics when it comes home!

Fortis - congrats to you and your brother! Your car is positively sinister in the best way! And I love the purple! I hope you both enjoy for many kilometers in the best of health!

Looking forward to more pics when it comes home!

Cake thank you very much! I like the fact that my car is sinister looking but that purple is off the charts!

Congrats Fortis! Matte black never gets old. Especially on the Perf...sinister for sure! How does it compare to the SV? Do you miss the V12?

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats Fortis! Matte black never gets old. Especially on the Perf...sinister for sure! How does it compare to the SV? Do you miss the V12?

Thank you murcivu, just picked up the car yesterday, tomorrow I will take it to have it wrapped so I didn’t do a lot of driving, from the short drive, the best way I can describe them, Performante is the A + overachieving student and the SV is the rockstar.

Do I miss the V12? Yes and no, do I want another? The answer is yes, they are very different from the V10 there is a special aura about them which appeals to me but I think I prefer to drive the V10.

Took few photos of the evil twins :icon_mrgreen:

Simply awesome!!! Congrats X 2

Btw, my bill is in the mail... :icon_mrgreen:

Damn, it's like trying to pick a favorite in between your kids, impossible! Awesome cars Fortis!

So true but both have different characters, one is the evil twin 👿 :icon_mrgreen: