The Performante encounter...

Fortis

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would you guys say the performante is a car that you can just hop in and go run errands on a lazy day and it's comfortable to do that? Or is this car more of an event car that you "have to be in the right mood"? Strongly considering it, but wanting something that is kind of an all around car including reasonably comfortable. The 720s and Perf are both at the top of the list...

Would you guys say the performante is a car that you can just hop in and go run errands on a lazy day and it's comfortable to do that? Or is this car more of an event car that you "have to be in the right mood"? Strongly considering it, but wanting something that is kind of an all around car including reasonably comfortable. The 720s and Perf are both at the top of the list...

I literally drove the P 300 miles on Saturday without any drama, back pain etc and still knocked off 16mpg! the car does everything perfectly! ask any of the owners for feedback!

post-2228-1511815739_thumb.jpg

Agree 100% with SV-N-IT... Practical, easy to drive, easy to park and sounds orders of magnitude better in Sport and Corsa than any turbo car including the 720S. Quite street friendly in Strada (though I never drive in that mode except when I am sneaking in late at night without waking up the kids!). But at the same time, it is a sense of occasion car too! I look forward to driving it each time!

If I had to drive 6 hours or more I wouldn't hesitate to take the Perf. Over the weekend I went to OfficeDepotMax to get a 15 pack of cardboard storage boxes, and stuffed them into the passenger seat. This was after getting some tools at Lowe's, and before hitting the farmer's market for some fruit.

post-228218-1511816494_thumb.jpg

Then again, I have a history of this kind of thing...:lol:post-228218-1511816781_thumb.jpg

I literally drove the P 300 miles on Saturday without any drama, back pain etc and still knocked off 16mpg! the car does everything perfectly! ask any of the owners for feedback!

stone_crab_2017_3.jpg

DAAAAMN that looks hot!

I think you nailed it with the color combo! The Nero is just a stealth look. You just can not go wrong! Congratulations!

stone_crab_2017_3.jpg

Literally... art on wheels my man. Congrats SV-N-IT. Bravo on the spec! :icon_super:

Literally... art on wheels my man. Congrats SV-N-IT. Bravo on the spec! :icon_super:

Nice post...Mine arrives on the 09th December....I have gone for the run of the mill Verde Mantis :rolleyes:

I think you nailed it with the color combo! The Nero is just a stealth look. You just can not go wrong! Congratulations!

Thank you Charlie, I can't wait for the beast to arrive.

Nice post...Mine arrives on the 09th December....I have gone for the run of the mill Verde Mantis :rolleyes:

Congrats, it looks great in Verde.

thanks guys and congrats to the future owners! you wont be disappointed! as good as she looks, she drives even better believe it or not!

Where can you buy that lever tool? Any idea of the cost?

If the AV-SV’s centre lock wheels offer a hint, highly doubtful. The hub/tool to tighten/loosen the centre lock is included but not the torque wrench itself. That piece is huge. It’s like arm’s length of a 6ft person and has a substantial weight.

Edit: here's a pic. The circular thing is the tool that fits on the centre lock so that tells you how big the wrench is.

No idea. Lambo dealership I suppose. Maybe give Snap-On a try? Clueless on cost though.

SV-N-IT, that is a gorgeous looking car. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Cheers to all of the current and future owners. There isn’t a bad spec for this car. Loving all of the color combos and options I’m seeing. Makes me want more than one. :icon_mrgreen: Mine will be here mid December via air freight. Back to my roots with Oriancio Borealis—the color my first ‘08 SL.

No idea. Lambo dealership I suppose. Maybe give Snap-On a try? Clueless on cost though.

SV-N-IT, that is a gorgeous looking car. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

thx bud! very happy so far!

looking forward to hearing everyone's impressions of the P when they come in!

Looks like some of you guys are getting some cool Christmas presents.

true but much better when someone give them to you

Any decent torque wrench will work provided it's rated high enough. I don't know the lambo spec, but P cars are 600nm (works out to 444 ft/lbs). You'll want something rated to at least 600 ft-lbs to do it safely.

Snap-On version is $800. Contact a local distributor and they will bring you one if you want it.

https://store.snapon.com/US-Torque-Instrume...ve-P891640.aspx

For home use, you're probably better off with a gear multiplier and a more normal spec torque wrench.

https://store.snapon.com/Geared-Head-Multip...g--P634899.aspx

+

https://store.snapon.com/US-Torque-Instrume...b--P874542.aspx

The 50-250 wrench can be used on all kinds of more typical things. The big one is cool but with a 120 ft/lbs minimum it's pretty much useless for the average person, outside of torquing your centerlock wheels.

Be sure you read the factory manual on installing the wheels, many times they have a torque step process you should follow.

^ +1 on following OEM torque step procedure.

We also index the center locks (mark them with special paint) which shows at a glance if they have moved. Learned this from our pilot friend who is also a certified airplane mechanic and does a lot of work on his own cars (and helps us with our cars).

Our Porsche tech indexes all bolts/fasteners under the car to see quickly if anything is out of adjustment.

I would NOT use an index mark as a substitute for torquing wheels with five lug bolts - but with center locks it makes sense since you generally don't need to re-torque them after spirited driving. If they are moving , something is probably not right...