The Performante encounter...

Fortis

If you have buckets and you like them you will not hate them, I personally love them but the decision is yours, don't listen to me just in case you don't like them like the rest of the soft guys in here :lol2:

Never any hate for a Lambo Brother :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I drove one with the carbon bucket seats...side bolsters come high and the seat is very narrow (i felt like I needed to go on a major diet or get major lipo to fit comfortably), but nonetheless would still order the bucket seats. Every ounce of that car is a track monster, so why not stay true to its DNA? I would also order center lock wheels.

I drove one with the carbon bucket seats...side bolsters come high and the seat is very narrow (i felt like I needed to go on a major diet or get major lipo to fit comfortably), but nonetheless would still order the bucket seats. Every ounce of that car is a track monster, so why not stay true to its DNA? I would also order center lock wheels.

Good incentive to pull out the yoga mat :icon_mrgreen:

Funny that the consensus was to get adjustable seats for the SV and they are basically the same carbon seat that everyone now wants for the Huracan. I think Aventador owners may be fatter than Huracan owners though :icon_mrgreen:

Think I'm basically done with non adjustable carbon seats in any car, for what i use it for on the road they are pointless and the weight difference is like a good lunch!

The only benefit to me is they look cool and make sitting in the car feel more special and extreme as it doesn't feel like a normal car, if its a weekend blast car great if you do longer trips or tours its tougher.

I actually found if you are driving fast and going hard into corners the movement makes them feel fine but if you are just sitting at the same speed or traffic they are bad, I've done 1000 miles twice virtually non stop and the only time i really hated them was hitting traffic for a couple of hours.

Funny that the consensus was to get adjustable seats for the SV and they are basically the same carbon seat that everyone now wants for the Huracan. I think Aventador owners may be fatter than Huracan owners though :icon_mrgreen:

Think I'm basically done with non adjustable carbon seats in any car, for what i use it for on the road they are pointless and the weight difference is like a good lunch!

The only benefit to me is they look cool and make sitting in the car feel more special and extreme as it doesn't feel like a normal car, if its a weekend blast car great if you do longer trips or tours its tougher.

I actually found if you are driving fast and going hard into corners the movement makes them feel fine but if you are just sitting at the same speed or traffic they are bad, I've done 1000 miles twice virtually non stop and the only time i really hated them was hitting traffic for a couple of hours.

Ok, ok I’m switching them to the buckets :icon_mrgreen:

Every ounce of that car is a track monster, so why not stay true to its DNA? I would also order center lock wheels.

Yes, every one of the 57,600 ounces it weighs. :lol:

I love my Performante but really, it's 3600lbs. It's not going to matter what seat you get, there's no racing DNA with that much weight. On a side note, I'm extremely disappointed that they deleted the pop-open door handles, such a cool feature. If the car truly weighed 2800lbs and the motors saved 20lbs then sure, but at 3600lbs and probably 2lbs maximum saved, there was no point in deleting such a great WOW Factor element.

A long while back when the Gallardo Super G was introduced, there was a great debate about the comfort of the sports seats. I guess either no one remembers that thread or newer members here simply aren't aware of such thread. Basically, it boils down to one's physique. If one is under 5'10" (ideally 5'8") and one's torso is of regular length, the sports seats will be just fine and comfortable. If one has a long torso, then it would be problematic.

There is a huge weight difference in the comfort seats vs. the sports seats especially if the comfort seats are powered and heated. I swapped out the OEM seats (non-powered) with side airbags on the original Super G with the sports ones. The sports seats are likely one-third the weight of the comfort seats if not even less. My AV-roadster had power & heated seats with leather side-bolsters and Alcantara centres with CF seat backs and sides. They weigh a lot more than the sports seats on my AV-SV. I'll admit that the sports seats are just a tad too upright for my preference (applies to the Super G, the AV-SV and the H-P) but it's not something that would cause discomfort even after a few hours. Given the weight reduction from both seats (which IMO is rather substantial) and the fact that these are the hardcore editions of the series, I'll take the sports seats without the slightest of doubt or regret.

I went with the carbon seats....they can be uncomfortable on long drives but bearable. They suit the extreme look of the HP. You feel like you are sitting in a fighter jet

FTR. I am 5'8 and 82kgs so I fit perfect in them. If you are over 100kgs you are not going to enjoy them

Spotted this spec on IG...yay or nay? I don't mind the exterior colour but interior is too white for my taste.

26182969_883337858500848_282132438278419

@artvandelay

Btw, maybe the mods can rename this post and make it a general Performante posting thread?

I went with the carbon seats....they can be uncomfortable on long drives but bearable. They suit the extreme look of the HP. You feel like you are sitting in a fighter jet

FTR. I am 5'8 and 82kgs so I fit perfect in them. If you are over 100kgs you are not going to enjoy them

I am slightly taller and around the same weight, you are spot on, they are perfect for our build but I can see how 100kg guys would cry LOL

Spotted this spec on IG...yay or nay? I don't mind the exterior colour but interior is too white for my taste.

26182969_883337858500848_282132438278419

@artvandelay

Btw, maybe the mods can rename this post and make it a general Performante posting thread?

I don't mind that configuration but good luck with keeping that white leather clean.

I weigh the same but I'm just over 6ft and I fit perfectly in the carbon seats. I actually felt I had a tad more leg room maybe because you can move the seat further compared to the comfort seats. If you're wider I can see problems because the carbon seats are narrow.

Does anyone know if you opt for the gloss black style package, is the rear diffuser Gloss also?

It’s hard to tell on the configurator

Does anyone know if you opt for the gloss black style package, is the rear diffuser Gloss also?

diffuser is matte black FYI

This will explain it :icon_thumleft:

44D2F879_F537_4B3E_B81E_42EA2B500603.jpeg

So did something brave today and decided to change my Perf exterior colour from White to Blu Lemans lol. My go to spec is always White on Red but decided to break out of my comfort zone and do something different. New spec will be Blu Lemans, center lock wheels w/ red caps, red brakes and red Y interior. Surprisingly I'll be the first one locally to get the HP in Blu Lemans.