The Performante encounter...

Fortis

You think I am difficult now?? You haven't dealt with me on one of my projects, my architect said, I am NOT a GOD damn draftsman I am an architect, good! shut up and draw what I am telling you :lol2:

Thank you once again, as I said next dinner is on me :turboalex:

Hahaha, that actually sounds a lot like me but I take it one step further. I walk away from my architect and come back the following day with a drawing, slap it on his desk and then tell him to audit the rendering and calculations that I have done. I love it when he turns green, lowers his head and then silently gets to work.

You are more than welcome. We can fight on who's paying later but let's decide when and where first. :)

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha, that actually sounds a lot like me but I take it one step further. I walk away from my architect and come back the following day with a drawing, slap it on his desk and then tell him to audit the rendering and calculations that I have done. I love it when he turns green, lowers his head and then silently gets to work.

You are more than welcome. We can fight on who's paying later but let's decide when and where first. :)

I can't draw to save my life, it's all in my head he just gets paid to put it on paper, sometimes I let him do whatever he wants and he loves it until I chop and change things :lol2:

Dinner either somewhere in Europe or Asia simple!

Thank you I love the spec, predictable to a certain extent but I love it. Yes on the gloss black, I was referring to the Style Package but I forgot what it was called :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you for the stereo feedback, I should probably start a poll.

On the seats, I honestly do not understand why everyone is complaining about them, I absolutely love them and I would not have a car without them, I've done 3 hour plus drives in my SV non stop without any issues and the Performante ones are identical. Maybe I am just a sucker for punishment LOL

I do a lot of driving on very twisty mountain roads at relatively low speed, the standard seats do not have the same hold ability, I had them in a car which I used for more than two years.

The race seats are perfectly suited for my size and body shape but as I said before I can see how they would get uncomfortable if you are taller or larger.

The GT4 bucket seats have more padding but the issue I have with them is the cushion under my legs, it is too pronounced, I like my seat slightly reclined, I don't really like leaning forward because of it that cushion puts a bit of pressure to the underside of my legs and after a while it can get a bit annoying and uncomfortable.

Seats: My friend sat in the Comfort Seats the first day and said, "These are really uncomfortable, my back hurts already, was there another seat option?" :eusa_wall:

If the buckets fit you, great! :)

Completely agreed on the GT4 seats: they are too upright which makes all my weight fall on my tailbone. I have to use a tailbone cushion and a lumbar cushion to make them bearable. No such problems with any seat than can recline the backrest or is already tilted back.

Seats: My friend sat in the Comfort Seats the first day and said, "These are really uncomfortable, my back hurts already, was there another seat option?" :eusa_wall:

If the buckets fit you, great! :)

Completely agreed on the GT4 seats: they are too upright which makes all my weight fall on my tailbone. I have to use a tailbone cushion and a lumbar cushion to make them bearable. No such problems with any seat than can recline the backrest or is already tilted back.

Female friend? seats are a controversial issue :icon_mrgreen:

wow, the black/green is badassssss!

Lambo Cars’s configurator doesn’t seem to have the matte black color so I just did one in gloss black as a reference.

Looks very very good Fortis. Excited for you!

I personally would never delete the radio option. Virtually nothing is gained in weight savings, on the flip side you have a good portion of buyers that would stay away as that would be a deal killer.

I decided on the color combo, the order will be locked tomorrow, I had my trusty accomplice help me :eusa_dance: the only person I need to get hold of is Lambo Cars.

When is yours being delivered ?

Awesome combo. Mine comes in late December to early January. I hope they end up air freighting it over. Lambo will occasionally do that to close a sale before years end.

I chose pearl orange but these pics of Parsifae are tempting me to call my sales rep and change colors. That purple just looks so good on the Perf.! Can’t wait to see pics of yours and your brothers. Congrats to you both.

VCR, are you planning to get the Perf?

No plan for the moment but never say never I suppose.

And congrats to you on ordering yours!

the GT4 is better than both, I have one as well and track it, plus take long 500mile+ drives.

You may be interested in a seat arm adjuster made available by Autoquest Out of Ft Myers FL. I installed one in my car (well actually hubby and a friend did it for me). It makes a HUGE difference in comfort - especially with a helmet on.

I learned that DOT regulations require the head rest to be within a certain distance of the back of the head. Therefore with a fixed headrest the seat is too upright and leaves no space for a helmet. With helmet on, my head was pushed forward and down slightly and it created a very uncomfortable position.

The seat arm adjuster essentially reclines the seat by about 1.5 inches in the full down position and about an inch in the fully raised position. Doesn’t sound like much but it makes a big difference!

Why Porsche didnt create a seat that could also recline is a mystery. Seat position was by far my biggest complaint about the car on track, and the aftermarket arm fixes it perfectly.

I have no stake in AutoQuest. Just a very happy customer. At Mid Ohio last month 3 other GT4 owners sat in my car and all have bought the product (wish I got a cut!!)

Fortis - yours is on the chopping block so it’s probably not worth the hassle - but LamboGenie I’ll send you a PM with info. I still use a lumbar pillow but I have zero issues with Long (300+ mile) trips in a day.

wow, the black/green is badassssss!

I am really excited doing it, everyone says if you get a Lambo it has to be skittles, I tend to agree and because I had few bright colors now I feel a lot more comfortable and do the black which I love.

Priceless ... You are one of a kind ...

Lambo Power would not be the same without you ...

I agree, you do know that that’s the way he shows his love? LOL

You may be interested in a seat arm adjuster made available by Autoquest Out of Ft Myers FL. I installed one in my car (well actually hubby and a friend did it for me). It makes a HUGE difference in comfort - especially with a helmet on.

I learned that DOT regulations require the head rest to be within a certain distance of the back of the head. Therefore with a fixed headrest the seat is too upright and leaves no space for a helmet. With helmet on, my head was pushed forward and down slightly and it created a very uncomfortable position.

The seat arm adjuster essentially reclines the seat by about 1.5 inches in the full down position and about an inch in the fully raised position. Doesn’t sound like much but it makes a big difference!

Why Porsche didnt create a seat that could also recline is a mystery. Seat position was by far my biggest complaint about the car on track, and the aftermarket arm fixes it perfectly.

I have no stake in AutoQuest. Just a very happy customer. At Mid Ohio last month 3 other GT4 owners sat in my car and all have bought the product (wish I got a cut!!)

Fortis - yours is on the chopping block so it’s probably not worth the hassle - but LamboGenie I’ll send you a PM with info. I still use a lumbar pillow but I have zero issues with Long (300+ mile) trips in a day.

Cake do you mind sending me the link, if I sell the GT4 a very good friend of mine might want to buy it so I could give her the option.

Cake do you mind sending me the link, if I sell the GT4 a very good friend of mine might want to buy it so I could give her the option.

http://www.autoquestcars.com/custom-07

I used something similar in my last Spyder and it made

a huge difference. Cake - thanks for the info, I'm calling

them today.

Fortis - congrats on the order, I think black will look fantastic

on the H P!!

http://www.autoquestcars.com/custom-07

I used something similar in my last Spyder and it made

a huge difference. Cake - thanks for the info, I'm calling

them today.

Fortis - congrats on the order, I think black will look fantastic

on the H P!!

Thanks PCJR for forwarding the link.

Fortis - all I can say is that as soon as you sit in the seat with helmet on - game over with the seat angle adjuster.

It takes some getting used to on the street because the recline is noticeable - but I adapted. Some say it's easier to get in/out of the seat with them more reclined. I don't think it makes it better/worse. Just different.

Once hubby adapted to the new position on the street he found it more comfortable than the "stock" position.

Talk to John Gaydos with AutoQuest. FWIW he was with Fabspeed for many years and recently moved to FL. He's very customer service oriented and my dealings with him have been great.

I'll PM his info.

I was avoiding this day but eventually the inevitable had to happen LOL
Brilliant write up! Thank you for the details and affirmation that the car is extraordinary!