The Performante encounter...

Fortis

Beautiful classic combo. Congrats.

Personally I think the upgraded stereo system is a waste of money, it didn’t sound much better than the standard one , can you guys get Apple CarPlay?

Thanks!

Yup, Apple CarPlay is included with the nav option. Also the rear view camera is free on all 2018+ models. It's a $2,000 savings.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

car play is great and the upgraded stereo is worth it IMO. finally music sounds great! I was going crazy in the SV listening to hollow static bass lol

car play is great and the upgraded stereo is worth it IMO. finally music sounds great! I was going crazy in the SV listening to hollow static bass lol

I like CarPlay, the demo I had for almost a full day had the upgraded stereo and I made a point listening to it, better than the standard offering but for $5k or $6k whatever the option is here I expect a lot more, best bet is getting a nice wireless Bluetooth speaker or a set and use them, I like B&O so when I consider stereo delete I went to test a pair of speakers and they sounded fantastic in comparison but the nasty word “resale” was mentioned by the dealer and I did not go for the stereo delete option :icon_mrgreen:

I’ve never had the stereo on in the SV, I wish I had it deleted, the centre console would’ve been so much cleaner, the reverse camera is useless also borderline dangerous if you trust it LOL

Congrats -beautiful spec!

Air conditioning tax??? WTF

Confirmed my order yesterday and locked in my specs, can't wait until next year!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I do have Apple CarPlay.

So yours doesn’t have Apple CarPlay?

Yes, I do have Apple CarPlay.

Just watched your YouTube video in which you complained about it, you certainly have it. :icon_mrgreen:

That’s annoying as hell that it doesn’t revert back to the original display after you receive a command, are you sure you can’t tune that via a setting ?

I am gonna play with it this weekend. In other cars, it reverts so I am assuming it might be some setting someplace.

Wish me luck.

Just watched your YouTube video in which you complained about it, you certainly have it. :icon_mrgreen:

That’s annoying as hell that it doesn’t revert back to the original display after you receive a command, are you sure you can’t tune that via a setting ?

I am gonna play with it this weekend. In other cars, it reverts so I am assuming it might be some setting someplace.

Wish me luck.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing what you will find, it would drive me nuts to the point where I wouldn’t even use the system, I am already starting to regret not doing the audio delete I really wanted to do.

So confirmed my specs, looking at a Fall delivery and it'll be a MY19. Also did something special for the interior which I think it will look awesome.

So confirmed my specs, looking at a Fall delivery and it'll be a MY19. Also did something special for the interior which I think it will look awesome.

Niiiice. What color did you go for and why is it so long for delivery ?

Niiiice. What color did you go for and why is it so long for delivery ?

Bianco Monocerus/Rosso Alala. The ad personam interior I got will add trim in Rosso Alala throughout the interior including seats.

I was getting a delivery slot for March, didn't move fast enough so next slot available was for a MY19. Delivery estimate is Sept, I'm thinking more like Oct maybe Nov.

334.jpg

That will look fantastic, classic color combo, the wait is the killer :(

The wait is always the worst part, hopefully I get a nice surprise and it arrives before the driving season ends or else I'll be driving it in Spring of 2019.

Luv your choices sl55!

Do they provide torque wrench for center locks?

Thanks! That's actually a good question, I don't think Lambo includes a torque wrench but I'll ask my dealer.

Luv your choices sl55!

Do they provide torque wrench for center locks?

Thanks! That's actually a good question, I don't think Lambo includes a torque wrench but I'll ask my dealer.

If the AV-SV’s centre lock wheels offer a hint, highly doubtful. The hub/tool to tighten/loosen the centre lock is included but not the torque wrench itself. That piece is huge. It’s like arm’s length of a 6ft person and has a substantial weight.

Edit: here's a pic. The circular thing is the tool that fits on the centre lock so that tells you how big the wrench is.

IMG_5541.JPG

If the AV-SV’s centre lock wheels offer a hint, highly doubtful. The hub/tool to tighten/loosen the centre lock is included but not the torque wrench itself. That piece is huge. It’s like arm’s length of a 6ft person and has a substantial weight.

Where is the hub/tool located in the car?

Where is the hub/tool located in the car?

Should be in the nylon bag that has all the manuals, tow hook and tire-inflation kit. The bag itself is usually Velcroed inside

the front trunk.

Should be in the nylon bag that has all the manuals, tow hook and tire-inflation kit. The bag itself is usually Velcroed inside

the front trunk.

Never looked, I better do that, I don’t even know where the manuals are, I had two services done already, last time the dealer asked for the books to stamp them, I though they still had them LOL.

That’s why I love Apple products, nothing to read in the box just the product itself, self explanatory ready to go for those of us with a very short attention span :icon_mrgreen:

Edit: here's a pic. The circular thing is the tool that fits on the centre lock so that tells you how big the wrench is.

Holy crap, thanks for sharing this picture. Funny you posted this because I visited Patrick earlier today and he was telling me it takes quite a bit of force to tighten/loosen the cap using the torque wrench. Safe to say it's not a tool that can be placed in the trunk lol.

A friend with a GT3 with centerlocks has the HUGE (6’ long) torque wrench as he does a lot of work himself. He has a smaller folding version that breaks down into a case which fits in the boot (forward trunk).

It requires tremendous force and also space as the tool is so long.

Despite having the car in gear and parking brake applied he still needs someone on the brake pedal, and often it takes two or three tries before he gets it. I’ve helped many times.

In a way it doesn’t matter that the tool isn’t in the car because even if you had the tool - you’re gonna get flat bedded to somewhere. But wherever the car lands - they better know how to properly deal with a centrlock wheel and have the proper tools.

I recently watched a video about a tire repair kit. Might help avoid being stranded if it’s a simple puncture. Many cars come with compressors and I assume Lamborghini still includes one in the tool kit. Fix-a-flat is another option. Despite being a job to clean the wheel, it’s probably better than being stuck somewhere for hours. I carry a minimum of two and you might need 3 on some of the larger wheel sizes to fill one tire.

Here’s the link to the kit:

https://www.stopngo.com/

Even though they have a short video on their web site - this one does a much better job of showing the process from start to finish, and obviously it applies to tires other than motorcycle. About 6 min:

No affiliation - just think it looks like a good product

Also remember you can drive on a flat tire with a simple puncture for several miles with no wheel damage. I found this out in the Cayman R (19” wheels with low profile track tires). Got a flat at night in a “bad” place. Drove another 2.5 miles to a safe place to wait for the flat bed. No damage to wheel.

You drive slowly - maybe 20-25 mph and as you get up to speed the car smooths out nicely, and it’s centrifugal force that spreads the tire out and keeps it on the wheel. If you have to stop and make turns - do so slowly. I had to make a stop and 90 degree left turn twice, but the tire stayed on the wheel.

With all the videos and positive reviews, I think the P will be my next lambo addition or wait for the STS? If the STS will look anything remotely to the GT3 Evo edition, that would be epic and the car to have!

With all the videos and positive reviews, I think the P will be my next lambo addition or wait for the STS? If the STS will look anything remotely to the GT3 Evo edition, that would be epic and the car to have!

There is always something better around the corner, car manufacturers seem to release something weekly or at least right after I take delivery :icon_mrgreen: