How much HP does it take to go 257 in the 1/2 mile?

Underground Racing

Wannagofast and Shift Sector should both consider to prepare the first 1320 feet or maybe the entire length of the half mile to improve traction. The cars attending should not be traction limited by the various surfaces. Put some VHT down and get those records geeze :icon_mrgreen:

We have the record at 257. What records you wanting us to get?

Were gonna see in about 10 days what they´re truly capable off. John is already certain that 260 is doable on the yellow huracan :icon_thumleft:

Racing at Ocala on smooth asphalt was a handful and I am not nearly the same power level as the "fast" cars.

I can only imagine how much harder it would be making those insane power levels.

Mike

I agree on the runway having to be grooved if you want safer high speeds. I remember going to Ocala and ti believe even the dirt was just causing cars to loose traction wayyyy below HP Range they have now.

Be safe guys and realize you can’t have everything like a 260mph 1/2 car, with traction easily.

Heck I remember thinking Florida highways in some areas were great for TT gallardos which they were, until you got above 1500hp and then I realized the Texas roads with concrete grooves were the real deal!

Nice I only care about the records if done with R888r / R888 / roadrace tires. Any records with slicks and drag radials is too much of a compromise on the car.

What is the GTR record with roadrace tires?

At those insane power levels and speeds, I would suggest need to run more down force front and rear to ensure hold traction safely on sub-optimal surfaces, if you decided to run on them anyway.

Stay safe guys.

cheers,

john

Racing at Ocala on smooth asphalt was a handful and I am not nearly the same power level as the "fast" cars.

I can only imagine how much harder it would be making those insane power levels.

Mike

Ocala just isnt going to hook that much power regardless of what they do

I went 219 last weekend at about 1850whp traction limited and that pass was the scariest thing Ive ever done in a car

Ocala just isnt going to hook that much power regardless of what they do

I went 219 last weekend at about 1850whp traction limited and that pass was the scariest thing Ive ever done in a car

When I went 222 it was a little warmer than you guys had last weekend. Nice pass BTW... Your car always runs strong.

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...