Verde Ithaca Murcielago Totalled in Toronto on DVP

mrrammstein

Hope the owner is ok! I saw this on the way home last night - looks like the lambo was being chased by a new civic type R. Keep the racing to the track folks this could have ended up a lot worse. Not my video by the way.

Ouch. Looks nasty.

Crash aside, the driver of the recording car needs to get out of the left lane. :rolleyes:

Lol, that is very true! I hate people that park it in the left lane. In Kentucky it is illegal to do so, but rarely enforced.

Only a few degrees above freezing last night, definitely ambitious to be driving like that given the cold conditions. I somewhat doubt he had snow tires on. Not surprisingly, it appears the civic R took off after the crash.

Nasty stuff! Looked like pretty open road not much traffic, and still crashed. Will probably see it on eBay in a few months titled as "refurbished" along with "excellent car with new upgraded front bumper recently installed for enhanced appearance".

Nasty stuff! Looked like pretty open road not much traffic, and still crashed. Will probably see it on eBay in a few months titled as "refurbished" along with "excellent car with new upgraded front bumper recently installed for enhanced appearance".

That's definitely enough traffic not to be doing stupid shit like that. Not to mention that it's been decently chilly here (it's November and it's Toronto FFS) and tires like those are no good. Summer tires on a cold and potentially dirty highway = way too risky.

That thing is DONE. Dont think we'll be seeing that one come back from the dead.

Suspension components, body panels, front frame section and likely airbags. It will be back.

. . . and the rollover protection likely won't be replaced.

Suspension components, body panels, front frame section and likely airbags. It will be back.

. . . and the rollover protection likely won't be replaced.

You really think it will be back? In looking at those pics I see all complete front clip, RR and both front suspension components, bumpers, lights, RR quarter panel, wheels, passenger door and hinges whatever they destroyed in the interior and thats just at a quick glance. There is 200K worth of parts and a lot of labor there and at the end youd be lucky to get mid 200s CAD for it. I would be really surprised if it came back.

There have been worse Murci's rebuilt. The guys who rebuild these have so many parts to make this easy it is unbelievable until you see them in action. Like 10+ wrecked cars, some for rebuild and others for parts, warehouses filled with spare Murci parts, etc.

The front frame is just box steel tube, a new section can easily fabricate for cheap. The expensive parts are the body panels and rollover protection (which likely won't be replaced.) But the professional rebuilders have all this on hand, so it's a matter of fitting what they already have to a new chassis and a VI roadster will always pull a premium.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for bringing up the dead, but just wanted to provide an update should this car ever be resurrected. Currently sitting outside in trashed condition, no change from a year ago. Can't imagine the interior has fared too well. 

FB_IMG_1541294350773.jpg

Sad to see it destroyed and abandoned like this. I'm so obsessed of Lamborghini's V12 cars, I would be very happy to restore such a mess even if it would be only a decoration.