SuperCars of Florida - anyone know WHO they are?

Andrew R.

First off, welcome to the bullpen. We're a good group of people, some asshole (myself) and it can get rough here, and it's even worse if you do stupid shit. Now that we have that out of the way!

Full disclosure I am not an attorney, nor do i provide legal representation or advice to anyone or any entity. With that in mind, i get the feeling you're not an attorney either, but let's take a journey together shall we?

Here i am ok? must be a room full of lawyers but thats ok , if your pitching a fit over something of zero commercial value

I'm going to have to stop you right there, because I'd bet that a competent lawyer could argue that a logo does have commercial value, you know as it's a physical representation of a brand and all that it encompasses. Hence the ruffled feathers of using the Serata logo. Continuing on...

then prove its worth and i will be more than happy to change my logo with the same notion you give equal treatment to the 30+ sites on intstagram, youtube, facebook and who knows how many supercar and exotic car sites all using the exact same crest.

Just because other allegedly use the "exact same logo" doesn't mean they won't be persued, you're upset because you got caught. Please provide links and examples of the 30+ sites (assuming that number isn't one you've pulled out of your ass), we'll happily have them hear for critique and evaluation. It'll make things easier for the lawyers too.

Gentleman and ladies this is truly beyond comprehension . You would think i stole an apple logo (which by the way they were sued and settled out of court with apple records you may recall lol)

I think we're comprehending it pretty clearly. So....are you implying that you did steal it? Because i get that you are trying to justify your actions because it's not a logo of a company the size of Apple? Circling back to your first point, wouldn't that prove there is commercial value to a logo? Regardless of case outcome? Asking for a friend.

AS i mentioned to Greg chose your words and what your posting very carefully falsey accusing someone of theft of something that has zero commercial value and no registred trademark is shall we say impossible to prove there was a violation, slander on the other hand is quite easy.

Why so defensive? If you did nothing wrong I'd think you'd just let the chips fall where they may and let the attorneys sort out the details. However, it's been a while since my business law class' but i do remember we discussed that slander is harder to prove as it's the willful disregard for the truth, or knowingly spreading a lie, so if Greg uses the information he's read here that the logo was used without permission from the LCA, he's not lying, he's repeating the information he believes to be truth. So....that's not slander is it? I'm sure a real attorney could chime in a clear this up for us. I could be wrong.

Again, you keep saying "zero commercial value" like it's going to make this easier, or clicking your heels together to make this will all go away if you say it one more time.

I drive a lambo, member here and LCA among others, my logo has appeared at literally dozens of lamborghini dealer sponsored events in FL, CA, NV, VA, NY and not a word was mentioned to me until today-this going back 4 plus years.

I drive Chevrolets, what's your point? Driving a Lamborghini doesn't give you a pass to use another companies intelletual property because it's related to a car you drive.

When i have a formal discussion directly with the LCA graphic designer and there president i will gladly post the outcome win lose or draw. I sent then an open letter today with the facts and not the BS from facebook.

There are enough people here who support the club as well, and will be very anxious to hear the resolution. And to clarify, what "BS from facebook" are you referencing? People asking about it on the page, subsequently seeing their posts removed and posting on the page wall removed?

I am a loyal supporter of the lamborghini brand and have been for years as proof i drive one and would never intentionally or even unintentionaly do anything to take away from that.

That's nice, but you don't have to own one to be a loyal supporter. We have lot of non-owner members who contribute greatly to the brand, it's community and integrity of the whole. The LCA is THE club for Lamborghini owners and enthusiasts, no one even comes close to what it does for the brand, community, and or events, not even close.

I am not "airing" the laundry here for your amusement. I kindly suggest to all of you be very careful and cautious when picking and chosing your battles just as in business you take up a fight over value, customer loyalty and things that matter and drive sales/revenue not random less than accurate nonsense like this?

I don't think you'll find a single person here worried about their "battles" we're all big boys and can hold out own. Many here would be happy to call anyone out that does something that would appear to damage or be detrimental to the LCA and its dealings. Case in point people talking about it. Then asking about it on Facebook, then having the post removed by the page holder (side note, that never looks good, future reference)

Not saying you willfully stolen and used a logo without permission, I'm not sayin that, people are enquiring, that's all. Besides, we see shady shit, we like to weed it out. This is a tight community, a small network and if someone goes around being shady, word travels fast. You may be a stand up guy, you may not be, I'm not a judge, but time will tell and i can only form an opinion on what I see.

Again if LCA has a problem i am more than happy to discuss it directly with them and more than happy to share the net results and take the appropriate action we mutually agree upon. Enough said have a great weekend to all.

From the first post it appears the LCA "has a problem" with it :lol2: Hence this evolution and discussion of the happenings here. Hopefully your discussions with the club and presumably its attornies will clear it up. But until then, the court of popular opinion doesn't appear to be in your favor. I'd tread lightly to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

That concludes our journey together, i hope it's been an informative and entertaining ride. I'm not trying to be a gigantic dick here, just average sized dick.

Hopefully things get cleared up and everyone has an amicable resolution, learn from it. If you're at fault, admit it, and move on. If your not, then you've got nothing to worry about. Carry on and enjoy your time here.

Just change the logo a bit so it differs, colors etc. if I had a logo I’d want it to be unique, why would you have something like, by your own admission:

“the 30+ sites on intstagram, youtube, facebook and who knows how many supercar and exotic car sites all using the exact same crest” ?

Wouldn’t you want something different, something which has some significance to you ?

Already done will be resposted tomorrow

Already done will be resposted tomorrow

So you admit that you stole their logo? If I was LCA, I'd save/screenshot every pic you used from them and sue you. PS, you don't have to register a trademark for it to be valid, it is valid simply from using it in a commercial fashion.

You got caught, now fess up or pay up.

With that in mind, i get the feeling you're not an attorney either, but let's take a journey together shall we?

Looks like this journey had an effect, as they've removed the logos from their main pictures, but every other one of the 40 pictures they have on FB, but not as big of an effect to warrant removing the Insta stuff (most of the 1,064 posts).

post-209045-1511119221_thumb.png

post-209045-1511119232_thumb.png

Looks like this journey had an effect, as they've removed the logos from their main pictures, but every other one of the 40 pictures they have on FB, but not as big of an effect to warrant removing the Insta stuff (most of the 1,064 posts).

It's too bad he'll have to get rid of the flags, shirts, promotional material and all the other no doubt branded items. But since it has, as he says "no commercial value" I'm surprised he's making changes.

It's too bad he'll have to get rid of the flags, shirts, promotional material and all the other no doubt branded items. But since it has, as he says "no commercial value" I'm surprised he's making changes.

Or he can just give all branded merchandise to Andrew lol.

Supercars of Florida did response to the situation pretty quick, at least you did this adjustment now and not later, as you may never know you might of worked very hard for your branding, then it can all go to waste. The right time to change is now.

oh something tells me all those items will remain, the only changes are those that can be viewed online.

Why doesn't he fight for what he claimed in a FB PM to me for a logo he and his 14 year old son designed years ago?

I call bull shit...

IMG_5702.JPG

So you admit that you stole their logo? If I was LCA, I'd save/screenshot every pic you used from them and sue you. PS, you don't have to register a trademark for it to be valid, it is valid simply from using it in a commercial fashion.

You got caught, now fess up or pay up.

Put your pitchfork down, it’s all sorted, if you were to get sued every time you did something annoying you’d have to have few lawyers on speed dial in different time zones around the planet.

So how will you establish loss if you sue him? Creatively I have no doubt that the lawyers will come up with the right thing to say but genuinely how much loss can you really prove?

The only thing will happen is lots of aggravation on both sides and few lawyers will be able to line their pockets with your dollars, no offense to lawyers here LOL

He will incur a financial loss from this whole debacle, loss of merchandize and other branded material, cost of changing and removing the logo from all his social media sites and more importantly his reputation trying to explain to his customer base and followers what’s happened, that along with a huge dose of embarrassment will be his punishment.

Speaking from experience here, I sued few times for breach of contract, waste of time in both instances, wining is one thing collecting is another.

Speaking from experience here, I sued few times for breach of contract, waste of time in both instances, wining is one thing collecting is another.

True words here! This is my experience as well (unfortunately).

Agree with you 100%, and while collecting is hard even if you 'win' isn't it justified in somecases to show that you can't just take someone's (whatever it may be) and file suit to make the point? I'd say "moral obligation" but that seems way too heavy and overkill for this point :lol2:

Agree with you 100%, and while collecting is hard even if you 'win' isn't it justified in somecases to show that you can't just take someone's (whatever it may be) and file suit to make the point? I'd say "moral obligation" but that seems way too heavy and overkill for this point :lol2:

That’s why lawyers always make bank, there is always someone trying to prove a point :lol2:

I say, bring back the old school street justice :icon_mrgreen:

Oh my God. This guy just told Lambo Power to be careful.

tenor.gif

Holy shit that was fcuking funny