OB Prestige Drag Huracan

Allen Olson

You should call OB and tell him. He might be driving around his Huayra completely unaware that one of his half dozen Huracans could be a total waste. It's possible he might not even know because he may have never been involved in car stereo competitions and therefore is without frame of reference.

Also, I would hope nobody else would run a true drag setup on a Huracan. We already established on page 1 it was a dumb idea.

Your comment about the owners Huayra got me curious....so I went to their page...and holy shit you aren't kidding. I don't think he gives a single fcuk if anyone thinks its a good idea.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comment about the owners Huayra got me curious....so I went to their page...and holy shit you aren't kidding. I don't think he gives a single fcuk if anyone thinks its a good idea.....

His collection is insane. Not sure what business ventures he is in, but the dealership looks to be doing quite well!

You should call OB and tell him. He might be driving around his Huayra completely unaware that one of his half dozen Huracans could be a total waste. It's possible he might not even know because he may have never been involved in car stereo competitions and therefore is without frame of reference.

Also, I would hope nobody else would run a true drag setup on a Huracan. We already established on page 1 it was a dumb idea.

we get it...OB is a baller and all of our opinions regarding this project are irrelevant. Why does this forum even allow any non lamborghini owners to express their thoughts SMH.

Now can we please resume to an open exchange? Tanks man, its getting pretty annoying.

we get it...OB is a baller and all of our opinions regarding this project are irrelevant. Why does this forum even allow any non lamborghini owners to express their thoughts SMH.

Now can we please resume to an open exchange? Tanks man, its getting pretty annoying.

Yes, in the interest of open exchange, let's be honest. Honesty is, after all, the best policy.

Yes, your opinion on this project is irrelevant. Not so much because you have no skin in the game or lack even a cursory understanding of how a drag car works, but because your opinions are the product of the following disjunctive syllogism :

- Cars are built by Underground or they suck

- Car is not built by Underground

- Car must suck, bro

Let's be realistic, if the thread was titled "Underground Racing Drag Huracan," you would be in here performing world-class e-fellatio on it and the team that produced it. Instead, you've come in to offer your pre-emptive two cents about why a car you don't own, haven't paid for, and don't understand the point of will be disappointing. Again, your standards of disappointment are irrelevant. The sooner you see this, the sooner you can move on with life. But I get it. This is how it works here.

Now we can kid ourselves into believing this is not the case, or we can come back to this thread in six months (or less) when OB isn't the only guy building a drag Huracan, and have a good old-fashioned laugh at man's hypocritical nature. It didn't even take one page to go from "oh this is so dumb" to "well it's dumb but wait until UR gets serious about 1/4 mile racing!" Does that now imply 15" drag wheels represent seriousness towards drag racing and not simply "dumbness?" That's a quick turnaround for one page. But I hope they do. I'm sure it will be very impressive. Actually, I should clarify in the interests of open exchange. I don't actually give a shit because it will be impressive in the performance sense, though I'm sure it will be, but rather impressive because the inevitable sycophantic posts here will be brutally illustrative of the aforementioned hypocrisy.

DBK you could replace UR above with Tesla, Apple, etc. and the post would be equally as relevant, we’ll done Sir we’ll done LOL

Why would you assume I have no idea how a drag car works. What do you even know about me? Nothing at all. Not what other cars I own or have owned, what I know about cars. Just a bag load full of assumptions based on the fact i support UGR as a fan of what they do and have achieved. How dare I. Everyone on this forum agrees that they´re the leading tuner. Does not make their opinion irrelevant. AND it does not mean I instantly hate on anything others do. I have stated in this thread that I enjoy watching people push the boundaries. Regardless of who it is. Maybe you misunderstood me...i don´t care anymore.

I would just like to return to the technical discussion about this build and leave myself and your comments out of this. I´m not mad or anything I just felt like the personal attacks were unnecessary

Well it better run sixes or it's just a complete waste given UR has already set the mark of mid-7's without the Back to the Future mods. To top that off, UR has been toying around and when they're ready to get serious about the 1/4, watch out. ;)

Sooner or later you will start to see these big power Huracans start showing up at drag events where you race each other in a heads up fashion. For the sake of establishing some realistic perspective I would love to see another Huracan show up on 19 or 20 inch wheels and a set of R888's and outrun this car. We should revisit this topic when that day comes.

Why would you assume I have no idea how a drag car works. What do you even know about me? Nothing at all. Not what other cars I own or have owned, what I know about cars. Just a bag load full of assumptions based on the fact i support UGR as a fan of what they do and have achieved. How dare I. Everyone on this forum agrees that they´re the leading tuner. Does not make their opinion irrelevant. AND it does not mean I instantly hate on anything others do. I have stated in this thread that I enjoy watching people push the boundaries. Regardless of who it is. Maybe you misunderstood me...i don´t care anymore.

I would just like to return to the technical discussion about this build and leave myself and your comments out of this. I´m not mad or anything I just felt like the personal attacks were unnecessary

Re: assumption on having no idea how a drag car works

Exhibit A - "I don´t really think slicks are needed up front anyways."

Yes, let's get back to the technical discussion such as:

"If this does not run at least very low 7s i`d be dissapointed"

and

"Like I said, to justify this outrageous look it better run a 6 at some point"

Perhaps you can point me to the technical portions of that commentary.

I'm just here for the entertainment, and the denial, same as it ever was.

Alright, I will clearify my first statement regarding slicks up front to your trolling self since you get so much enjoyment out of dissecting every single statement I make. The huracan with its engine and most of the weight in the rear will mostly benefit from slicks in the rear. The front tires only contribute a tiny part of the overall forward traction at launch. Therefore you could leave a semi slick up front and the stock brakes to increase safety due to less reliance on the parachute alone.

Man I just hope you´re not as fussy about anything in real life... I would hate to have even a two sentence conversation with you when you are this derogatory to random people.

yawn...

Alright, I will clearify my first statement regarding slicks up front to your trolling self since you get so much enjoyment out of dissecting every single statement I make. The huracan with its engine and most of the weight in the rear will mostly benefit from slicks in the rear. The front tires only contribute a tiny part of the overall forward traction at launch. Therefore you could leave a semi slick up front and the stock brakes to increase safety due to less reliance on the parachute alone.

Man I just hope you´re not as fussy about anything in real life... I would hate to have even a two sentence conversation with you when you are this derogatory to random people.

yeah he does seem a bit anal. Keep posting your thoughts, don't allow him or anyone else deter you from doing so.

The huracan with its engine and most of the weight in the rear will mostly benefit from slicks in the rear. The front tires only contribute a tiny part of the overall forward traction at launch. Therefore you could leave a semi slick up front and the stock brakes to increase safety due to less reliance on the parachute alone.

That is a very valid point that I am happy to discuss. I agree that the front drive should only make a small but sometimes critical difference in terms of overall traction. When choosing the tires for a drag car, or any car for that matter, it is very important that the sidewall characteristics are similar from front to rear. When you run a radial tire in the front and a bias ply slick in the rear the car becomes very unstable to drive. This is because the stiff sidewall of the radial translates a large amount of any steering input given to the chassis. The soft sidewall of the bias ply slick causes the back end of the car to be more easily disturbed than a radial would. You end up essentially having a tremendous amount of front grip compared to the rear and when you go to give any steering correction any input you give the car becomes exaggerated. With this in mind I wanted to start with tires that were as similar as possible in the front and rear. Do I know that this is the definitive correct setup? Absolutely not but being the first to do this to one of these cars I wanted to pick a logical starting point.

The next reason that I wanted to go right to 15s in the front is that ultimately I would like to test the car as a rear wheel drive only platform. As you said, the rear tires should be plenty capable of propelling the car down the track without any front assist. If or when we decide to do this, all I have to do is bolt on the skinny front drag wheels and take the front drive components out. There will be no need to develop new front end parts, test, setup, etc..

As far as the parachute goes, just so we are clear, this is not an aesthetic upgrade nor does it add any performance value to the car. It is a piece of safety equipment that is required by the NHRA for any car that traps over 150 mph. If it was our goal to only hit private track rentals we could definitely get away without it but sooner or later we will want to go somewhere that tries to go by the book. While most of the Lambos and GTRs you see running around are not completely compliant with NHRA rules, the track officials do appreciate you making an effort. Even more importantly I want to keep my customers safe.

We will shoot to make this car go as quick and as fast as we can make it go. At this moment I feel that there are a few things needed to put a Huracan in the 6s that do not exist. Like I said in my other post for some of you guys to see a video of a car running a 7.85 and conclude that the next step would be a 6 second pass or it's a waste are clueless as to what it takes to get a car to make a pass like that. Only a few short months ago there were multiple organizations, some that have the financial strength of a governmental branch of a Middle Eastern country, trying to get GTRs to go from a 7.1x or 7.0x to a 6.99. There were literally tens of millions of dollars dedicated to spanning that gap. Now I need to just head out and smash that because I bolted slicks to a Huracan? LOL! With it being so close to Christmas I would urge those of you with this mentality to practice saying "Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas this year is a clue.".

This will be a failure if it doesn't run 3s...

Reminds me of my old days playing in Dungeons and Dragons tournaments. People would show up and sure, they'd have the chainmail and the mead, but when it came time to roll the dice, they couldn't walk the walk.

yawn...

Does that mean you aren't going to call him and warn him? I think that's pretty discourteous as a fellow Lamborghini enthusiast.

"OB, FC Corp from Lambo Power says you've 'back to the future'd' your car AND your car is analogous to flashy yet poorly performing car stereo competition equipment."

"Holy shit, eh? Why did nobody tell me? Oh my God, and he has a Bentayga on order?!? Now I give so many fucks!"

Narrator: He, in fact, did not give any fucks.

Please stop DBK....you´re not gaining any popularity or seem smart with this endless continuation of trolling

And by you mentioning for the 20th time how awesome, rich and badass OB is...I´m starting to believe your "e-fellatio" comment is rather fitting for the one who thought of that analogy to begin with :rolleyes: :bj:

Please stop DBK....you´re not gaining any popularity or seem smart with this endless continuation of trolling

And by you mentioning for the 20th time how awesome, rich and badass OB is...I´m starting to believe your "e-fellatio" comment is rather fitting for the one who thought of that analogy to begin with :rolleyes: :bj:

I don't care about internet popularity contests.

I'm just glad I shamed you into the "Awesome! Can't wait to see how the project goes!" post on the other thread from your initial bandwagon "disappointment" talk here. Glad to see the change of heart. My work with you is done here.

Does that mean you aren't going to call him and warn him? I think that's pretty discourteous as a fellow Lamborghini enthusiast.

"OB, FC Corp from Lambo Power says you've 'back to the future'd' your car AND your car is analogous to flashy yet poorly performing car stereo competition equipment."

"Holy shit, eh? Why did nobody tell me? Oh my God, and he has a Bentayga on order?!? Now I give so many fucks!"

Narrator: He, in fact, did not give any fucks.

dude, you need to take a chill pill. your obsession with me is al franken (creepy since you're too stupid to figure that out).

Now move along boy and go play with your hot wheels.

dude, you need to take a chill pill. your obsession with me is al franken (creepy since you're too stupid to figure that out).

Now move along boy and go play with your hot wheels.

Don't be so delicate. Page 1 was all shit talky. What changed?

I don't play with hot wheels. Too hard to find quality tiny competitive stereo components.

Speak for yourself, Dave is entertaining the hell out of me!