My Bugatti Chiron has arrived

TurboGallardo

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to see in these pictures, but the car is a two toned tinted carbon fiber. Turquoise blue and a darker blue. The detail of the weave is spectacular up close. The difference in the two tone is more noticeable in the sunlight, but it changes as the angle of the light changes. I'm pretty proud of the spec and the way it turned out.

Congratulations! She is beautiful. :)

To shed a bit more light on the blues, allow me to share the mockup I did the next day in Lisbon, after you shared the spec at dinner.

I believe you said it was Turquoise Blue in the front and Blue Carbon in the back? If so, here are a couple of stills from a video I shot the next day in the sample room, under full strong sunlight. The colors are very apparent, the Turquoise having a bit of green, the Blue a splash of purple, and the Royal Blue a dark greyish-black-blue, all easier to see as you move the samples around in the light. I'm surprised in your pictures how dark the car becomes, but I do recall all the carbons turning almost black when not directly sunlit. I'd like to see that car in the flesh at some point. :)

post-228218-1512444707_thumb.jpg

post-228218-1512444719_thumb.jpg

post-228218-1512445147_thumb.png

Well done, Dino! Look forward to seeing it in person.

How differently do both cars drive? Is there a noticeable difference in the power delivery? Must be really cool going from the SS to the Chiron and experiencing the evolution of the engineering.

Congrats TurboGallardo!

I knew you had good taste years ago but man your collection has just grown to legendary status. Very cool to see you enjoying toys and sharing them. Not many places on the internet like this small world on LP where car enthusiasts get to talk to the REAL drivers like yourself.

I saw the R8 launching the other day on IG and heard you were ripping it pretty good yourself! Cheers.

Thanks for all of the positive words and vibes everyone.

For those who asked about the driving experience compared to the Veyron SS (I thought you would never ask)...

The difference between the two cars is very interesting. On Sunday I drove the cars back to back about 60 miles each way. The Veyron Super Sport feels alot more raw but also feels more connected to the road. The steering feels a bit lighter and more direct and the handling feels more nimble and more playful. There's more feedback with the SS. The SS has more transmission whine and the engine sounds slightly louder but there is less turbo noise and more low end rumble. Power delivery on the Veyron SS is more violent; there's a little more lag down low and then when the boost hits it's eye opening. You feel like you have to keep the revs up in the SS to get the engine response but when you do, the power delivery is instantaneous.

The Chiron feels much more civilized, more Bugatti-like. The power delivery is much more linear and pulls strong from a lower rpm with less lag. The power builds and builds with rpm. It actually doesn't feel any quicker than the SS but I'm willing to bet at the top end it is pulling a good deal harder than the SS. The Chiron feels a little more insulated from the road; there is less feedback and connection to the road, but it is still very precise and responsive, especially for such a heavy car. It's probably a little less fun to drive than the SS but more comfortable and relaxed. I think Bugatti intentionally left some room to make the SS version of the Chiron more hard edged.

In my opinion, the single biggest improvement from the Veyron to the Chiron, at least from the driving standpoint, is the way the traction control works. In the SS, if you break the tires loose, the traction control is very intrusive. On the Chiron it is transparent. You can mash the pedal down in almost any situation and you may see the traction light blinking and even feel the engine pulling a little power, but it does not impede forward progress at all. The car just goes.

WOW! Thrilled for you. What a collection. Two absolute beasts. Have to say, the Chiron looks a fair bit better than the Veyron. Also, surprised to hear your take that the SS is a better drivers car than the Chiron.

Do you plan to keep both of them?

Yes. I think the SS is the long term keeper as it is much rarer so I’ll probably put it away and drive the Chiron a lot more. When they come out with a Chiron SS ill probably trade the Chiron.

Yes. I think the SS is the long term keeper as it is much rarer so I’ll probably put it away and drive the Chiron a lot more. When they come out with a Chiron SS ill probably trade the Chiron.

Thanks god you still have the Abarth. Long term potential = unlimited!

Also, is there a Bug forum or is that just, like, special smoke signals and such?