Underground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review

Lambofan35

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, I can just see Nick folding his arms in his garage thinking WTF! I thought my Huracan was less, have to go look... different scale though...

Exactly! I was thinking, I may need to verify this with another scale but I zeroed out them right before I put them under the car. It is accurate because the cross weights are so close to being perfect. Its still 57% rear weight and 50% left to right, its on point.

Thanks wooosh!

I'm actually shocked at how heavy the Huracan is....I figured 3550 with all of the TT accessories.

Peter

This was my thought, I'm not sure how much the TT adds but it is a little heavier than stock, not much I don't think. I had all the tools in there but thats the weight of about 1 gallon of fuel, so nothing really.

Great write up, be safe with it man. Have fun!

It feels safer than the old TT Gallardo! Maybe the AWD is a bit better? The autoshift CORSA mode is the cats meow, very badass!

Congrats Nick, and nice talking.

As far as the weight, these cars are pigs. Mine weighed 3600 lbs. (post turbo) on a not so accurate truck scale. By no means are they light cars. The DCT makes up for it though. I am betting with a 1000 whp a TTH will run a 60-130 in the 3s on a flat or close to flat surface, something a Gallardo wouldn't be able to do with the same power level.

As far as the 720 race, it won't be much of a race from a dig or a roll (if you actually launch it from a dig) but hot damn we are talking about a 1300 HP car vs a factory stock car, lol. It's crazy how fast and amazing the McLarens are! (and yes, beautiful too - headlights and all) :icon_mrgreen:

P.S. - Keep me posted on the seats Nick. I like the idea of using them and preserving the OEM leather seats.

Congrats Nick, and nice talking.

As far as the weight, these cars are pigs. Mine weighed 3600 lbs. (post turbo) on a not so accurate truck scale. By no means are they light cars. The DCT makes up for it though. I am betting with a 1000 whp a TTH will run a 60-130 in the 3s on a flat or close to flat surface, something a Gallardo wouldn't be able to do with the same power level.

As far as the 720 race, it won't be much of a race from a dig or a roll (if you actually launch it from a dig) but hot damn we are talking about a 1300 HP car vs a factory stock car, lol. It's crazy how fast and amazing the McLarens are! (and yes, beautiful too - headlights and all) :icon_mrgreen:

P.S. - Keep me posted on the seats Nick. I like the idea of using them and preserving the OEM leather seats.

We will come back to the Mclaren 720s later with Fikse ....

But back to the weight situation:

The Audi R8 and Lamborghini Huracan share the same platform more or less with some kind of collaboration going on with Audi.

I've found the lowest confirmed weighted Huracan at 3423 from Car and Driver in a Euro Spec car preduction car and another same exact setup from motortrend at 3419lbs. Not sure how much gas it had in it but the cars carry about 160lbs of fuel when full so even if that was empty, thats still low. It had no glass hatch option, no magnetic suspension, carbon fiber race seats, no dynamic steering and not sure what differences it had since it was back in 2014. Maybe different exhaust?

I've found several confirmed R8's that were v10 and DCT confirmed between 3664lbs and 3572lbs, unknown fuel and different magazines that appear to use the same audi demo red car.

I found a car and driver report with a 2017 Audi R8 Spyder tipping the scales at.... 3920lbs !! These cars are really heavy.

From what I can find, the electric and heated seats, the glass hatch, and maybe the steering option may add some weight. I think you would have to be crazy to not get the magnetic suspension with lift system.

Nick congratulations. The streets of south Florida are not safe any longer with that seriously bad ass car down here .

Let me know when u go out and play .

• 2 weeks later...

Update- Seat Removal to save about 74lbs

I'll have to do a specific write up on how to do this as its as easy as the Gallardo was. Between specific tools to having many systems to bypass if you want to do it right. In the end, I love the fact that I'm not wearing out the OEM beautiful leather seats. They were really nice but I like these better. You can swap these seats out for probably a little more weight savings if you really wanted to by using some custom rails and brackets but they won't work as well as these heavy ones :)

The OEM seats are 59lbs each, actually not that heavy. Total OEM seat weight=118lbs

The Carbon Fiber T4 Tecnocraft seats are about 6-7lbs each but add in the sparco sliders, and the really beefy tecnocraft side mounts and floor brackets, they are total weight of 22lbs. Total seat weight= 44lbs

I love the SEATS! Big guys or small guys fit pretty good. If you are over 220lbs then the T5 might be a little bigger and a better fit.

Highly recommend this upgrade. I'll do a DIY with pictures of the install once I figure out the perfect bypass for all the OEM systems.

I installed a fire extingusher OEM from a Lamborghini Aventador behind the passenger seat and the angle is the max I can go for tall 5ft plus passengers. It gives more room than OEM seats.

Sorry about the pictures rotating, this website moves the pictures once I upload them.

2ilgb3m.jpg

47_L_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

Closed Road Course Roll Racing- Small event and 1/4 mile testing

I went to a small closed event yesterday at a local track. Very cool event put on by some friends with maybe 15-30 cars all day long. It was on a long back stretch of the track that was clearly made for lower HP cars than 1000HP+ cars that could get up to 200mph. I got up to 170mph+ and stopping was ok but I could have got a high top speed for sure.

Underground Racing built this car as a monster! It's absolutely amazing to drive and very safe with all things considered. It has the auto corsa-shift setup which is so needed! OEM will bounce off the rev limiter in corsa, with this, the car shifts for you if you run it to redline, super trick stuff!

All you really need is pump gas in this car to be faster than any other car on the planet with regular pump gas. I'm sure there is something faster but not much with this safety of awd and definitely not this cool! It was about 50 degrees out in the later afternoon and I just put 109 octane in the car for the first time the day before and it was mind blowing on the road! It just hooks up and goes.

On 93 octane, pump gas, its 3.8 seconds for 60-130mph all day long, no fuss, no brake boost, just gas it and hold on! Nothing is doing this like this car. The 100-150mph is fast to, I think around 3.2 seconds.

On 109 octane with setting 3 out of 4, it was pulling 3.4seconds 60-130mph when it was sunny out without traction issues much, maybe a little faster with hot weather. With traction issues it was doing 3.6seconds 60mph-130mph. No one would really know it wasn't perfect unless you drive around with a VBOX like my crazy butt does. I was on OEM tires up front BTW which are some Pirelli Pzero Nero...not the Coras...not the Trofeo R, just the hard OEM ones, lol. I'll be putting the Pirelli Trofeo R's on it soon. The rear tires are R888R and are great. The 100-150mph was 3.1 seconds which may have some more room to improve on with the same power.

I raced 1 car, a Level 5 Pro-X, not sure what that is exactly but they said it was on 1300whp out of 1500whp that the car has. It was really fast and wasn't having an issue with traction as it had R888's on all 4 wheels. A friend of mine was driving, just a friendly fun pull from about 60mph and was super close! Apparently I won by a small bumper, but it was close :)

There should be some videos eventually of the race from different angles but as it normally goes, some guys like to think there angle is better than the one at the finish line. Amazing day and they plan on doing this event monthly local to me so I'll be out more with different cars and maybe this one again some day.

After the sun went down, I took the car to the beginning of the cones and did 2x 1/4 mile passes WITHOUT launching on the road course road. No other reason except I just wanted to see how fast the car would trap with minimizing any chance of stress on the car.

1st pass- Pump gas tune and boost, No launch, smash gas, unknown 60 ft, 2.9 seconds 0-60mph, 60-130mph in 3.8 seconds, 9.6 1/4 time at 163.2mph

2nd pass- 109 setting 3 of 4, same as GTR race earlier, no launch, 2.0 60 ft, 2.8 seconds 0-60mph, 60-130mph in 3.6 seconds (spinning for sure), same 9.6 1/4 time at 169.5mph

This car will go 8 seconds on PUMP gas with a good launch. This car will go deeper in the 8's on setting 3, no idea how deep in the 8's on setting 4 as I've never driven it on that.

Underground Racing stage 3+ Race heads, all the billet clutch upgrades, and some other little tweaks, call Kevin at UGR for specifics. This is the best street car package if you ask me!

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1011.PNG

Congratulations Nick! Absolutely incredible car!

Look forward to seeing it at one of the local events soon!

Does this build have quick shift also?

Yes it does. If I'm not mistaken all the DCT cars do. You are thinking the old Gallardo's that use the e-gear setup and thats a different animal.

What are you waiting for??? Put it on setting 4 😜

Soon enough, just trying to be safe.

Awesome results, enjoy it ! Keep up the data logging I love it.

I'm a nerd, most don't care about this stuff. Glad you appreciate it!

so bad ass. 163 trap on pump gas... lol.

I knew it would do 160mph based on my vbox logs and comparing to old TT Gallardo. the little extra was just the icing! It really picks up ET between shifts, 4 shifts on an old car is close to .7-.8 seconds faster in this car, just let that set in. Think 1/2 mile, like a lot faster!

The new bench mark is now 60-150mph.

Awesome results! Thanks for posting. Keep us up to date on current results and especially when u flip the switch to setting 4 😬 looking forward to seeing how much faster it is👍

Closed Road Course Roll Racing- Small event and 1/4 mile testing

I went to a small closed event yesterday at a local track. Very cool event put on by some friends with maybe 15-30 cars all day long. It was on a long back stretch of the track that was clearly made for lower HP cars than 1000HP+ cars that could get up to 200mph. I got up to 170mph+ and stopping was ok but I could have got a high top speed for sure.

Underground Racing built this car as a monster! It's absolutely amazing to drive and very safe with all things considered. It has the auto corsa-shift setup which is so needed! OEM will bounce off the rev limiter in corsa, with this, the car shifts for you if you run it to redline, super trick stuff!

All you really need is pump gas in this car to be faster than any other car on the planet with regular pump gas. I'm sure there is something faster but not much with this safety of awd and definitely not this cool! It was about 50 degrees out in the later afternoon and I just put 109 octane in the car for the first time the day before and it was mind blowing on the road! It just hooks up and goes.

On 93 octane, pump gas, its 3.8 seconds for 60-130mph all day long, no fuss, no brake boost, just gas it and hold on! Nothing is doing this like this car. The 100-150mph is fast to, I think around 3.2 seconds.

On 109 octane with setting 3 out of 4, it was pulling 3.4seconds 60-130mph when it was sunny out without traction issues much, maybe a little faster with hot weather. With traction issues it was doing 3.6seconds 60mph-130mph. No one would really know it wasn't perfect unless you drive around with a VBOX like my crazy butt does. I was on OEM tires up front BTW which are some Pirelli Pzero Nero...not the Coras...not the Trofeo R, just the hard OEM ones, lol. I'll be putting the Pirelli Trofeo R's on it soon. The rear tires are R888R and are great. The 100-150mph was 3.1 seconds which may have some more room to improve on with the same power.

I raced 1 car, a Level 5 Pro-X, not sure what that is exactly but they said it was on 1300whp out of 1500whp that the car has. It was really fast and wasn't having an issue with traction as it had R888's on all 4 wheels. A friend of mine was driving, just a friendly fun pull from about 60mph and was super close! Apparently I won by a small bumper, but it was close :)

There should be some videos eventually of the race from different angles but as it normally goes, some guys like to think there angle is better than the one at the finish line. Amazing day and they plan on doing this event monthly local to me so I'll be out more with different cars and maybe this one again some day.

After the sun went down, I took the car to the beginning of the cones and did 2x 1/4 mile passes WITHOUT launching on the road course road. No other reason except I just wanted to see how fast the car would trap with minimizing any chance of stress on the car.

1st pass- Pump gas tune and boost, No launch, smash gas, unknown 60 ft, 2.9 seconds 0-60mph, 60-130mph in 3.8 seconds, 9.6 1/4 time at 163.2mph

2nd pass- 109 setting 3 of 4, same as GTR race earlier, no launch, 2.0 60 ft, 2.8 seconds 0-60mph, 60-130mph in 3.6 seconds (spinning for sure), same 9.6 1/4 time at 169.5mph

This car will go 8 seconds on PUMP gas with a good launch. This car will go deeper in the 8's on setting 3, no idea how deep in the 8's on setting 4 as I've never driven it on that.

Underground Racing stage 3+ Race heads, all the billet clutch upgrades, and some other little tweaks, call Kevin at UGR for specifics. This is the best street car package if you ask me!

Just stupid stats on "low" power. These cars are so impressive.

I’ve been working on pieces for the passenger seat defeat system so the car thinks it’s OEM seats installed. Not a big deal but I’m getting closer to solving the passenger detection system.

-Installed some new Pirelli Trofeo R front tires 245/30/20 . Special order OEM Lamborghini tires for the Performante Nurburgring track record. The stock Pirelli Pzero were just to plain for me. Check out the NOVITEC Coilovers spring kit powder coated GREEN to match the car, lol. Love that touch HoustonT had done to the car before I got it.

-I didn’t realize it but the rear R888R tires have little tread left in the center down to the wear bars. They wear nicely but obviously didn’t last long as the car doesn’t have even 1000 miles on the build with this power yet. I have some new R888R tires to put on soon. These should be changed often like gasoline or a dirty gym shirt.

-Added some more Carbon fiber with removing the OEM metal plates and putting in the carbon fiber side plates. The OEM ones have to be removed if you ever change the side skirts as they have hidden bolts below them. The OEM ones turn to garbage upon removal FYI.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The car has been amazing to drive. It’s very normal at light throttle and smooth but violent when driven hard.

D0F2840A_DF79_4DB3_B15B_0A6A303C8D17.jpeg

6DE9CFE9_7E13_432F_9A17_0A1B778B72A7.jpeg

B5C5A17E_3A7F_4C53_AF98_DAE9778ADBD6.jpeg

DFE2040D_4929_492B_8DA1_5FD33D88BD48.jpeg

I love those seats, do you have any padding for them? Not that I care about padding but I wonder if you slide without it.

Just a suede headrest for now. I may add some bottom thin suede cushions. They really hold well and no one has complained about them except people who haven’t sat in the car yet :)

Waiting for some custom green stitching Lamborghini logo ones to be made.

1E452FCC_BF46_4509_9257_DB31822F851C.jpeg