Will Performantes Hold Value?

Fine2NR

The Perf would depreciate just like the rest of the Huracan series. The soft top version is already a done deal. Lambo is concentrating on marketing the Urus of course but once that hype is over, rest assure that more potent versions of the Perf will follow not unlike the Gallardo STS & SC as there is plenty of life left in the H series. There are or will be too many of them so the rarity factor will not hold and likewise for its value.

That being said, the 720S will do worse, much worse. Just walk across the street and take a peek, there are at least half a dozen of them with an used one already in the showroom. And judging from the history of the Mac's value; added by its "distinct" look; their first owners are going to take a huge haircut.

Agree on all points. Amazing how fast the 720s are hitting the used market already. Considering most of the first round of cars went to repeat Mac customers, it tells me they still don't have market confidence and are jumping ship while they still can.

It will be an awesome car to pick up 2nd or 3rd hand and mod the shit out of. Reminds me of the Nissan GTRs potential when they first came out.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As one of those who took more than a huge haircut on a 6 month old 650S I can tell you- NEVER AGAIN. The HP even if it does follow the normal curve will fair far better IMO

You will never let that one go LOL, now I know how to tease you 😈

Agree on all points. Amazing how fast the 720s are hitting the used market already. Considering most of the first round of cars went to repeat Mac customers, it tells me they still don't have market confidence and are jumping ship while they still can.

It will be an awesome car to pick up 2nd or 3rd hand and mod the shit out of. Reminds me of the Nissan GTRs potential when they first came out.

The only downside to buying used is not being able to spec and the 720S is very spec sensitive, in the wrong spec they look like ass.

You will never let that one go LOL, now I know how to tease you 😈

Dude !!! - Very sore point that one. Funny though even the guy who bought it will take a HUGE hit and he got it cheap. Thats McLaren for you

Dude !!! - Very sore point that one. Funny though even the guy who bought it will take a HUGE hit and he got it cheap. Thats McLaren for you

That’s because they are boring, once the speed novelty wears off you are over it.

Anyway you finally bought the right brand and are able to hang with the cool guys :icon_mrgreen:

Side note, just set out my Euro trip, let’s talk.

Only one on Carsales Fortis is a first edition... 699k Aust.

Fark that

720S? I know of someone who was offered $70k off RRP, the guy ended up buying a Performante.

That’s because they are boring, once the speed novelty wears off you are over it.

Anyway you finally bought the right brand and are able to hang with the cool guys :icon_mrgreen:

Side note, just set out my Euro trip, let’s talk.

Well they dont handle nearly as well as the Fcar or Pcar for sure. I will know in March whether the "cool guys" cars are up to it :)

Excellent on Europe = will reach out in the next day or so :)

My New Years resolution was to be more responsible with money so I liquidated all my standard investments, ordered a fancy Huracan and bought a shit-ton of Bitcoin. I can’t wait to be a billionaire.

Buy a mass produced McLaren they will hold value, said no one ever.

They are all losers, if you can’t afford the depreciation I’d stay out of it, that’s just me, also if that’s your main concern I wouldn’t go through with the purchase, you want to be comfortable enjoying taking the car out, why would you corner yourself in a stressful situation? Wait few years let someone else take the depreciation hit and buy a good used car which you can comfortably enjoy. Good luck with your decision.

When I grow up I want to be Fortis.

Sound advice right here.

My New Years resolution was to be more responsible with money so I liquidated all my standard investments, ordered a fancy Huracan and bought a shit-ton of Bitcoin. I can’t wait to be a billionaire.

:iamwithstupid: did the same but ordered a performante spyder :icon_super:

Unless a car is produced in limited quantities or only for a short period of time (think Lexus LFA) it will depreciate. There will be faster, more powerful and better looking Huracans. However, the Performante is magic!!!!

But to echo the others, if you’re nervous about taking a hit I’d just buy used. I’d at least budget losing $100k if you owned a Huracan Performante for 3-5 years. Now the loss of money would be replaced with hours of amazing driving. Monetarily though it’s still an expense way to get your kicks. Not worth stretching for.

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard that Performante will have limited one more year of production and new version coming next year with hybrid engine which means this could be the last of the NA V10 engines folks.

The fact that the production is now quite limited will mean that it will increase the raririty of the HP and potentially increase resale long term.

The change in engine is due to the new emissions that takes into effect September 2019 where even the GT3 will face the same fate with end of the NA engines.

i suppose logically the huracan facelift will offcially launch in 2019 , also meaning it will no longer be NA ? been struggling either the HP spyder or AV S..

Just heard that Performante will have limited one more year of production and new version coming next year with hybrid engine which means this could be the last of the NA V10 engines folks.

The fact that the production is now quite limited will mean that it will increase the raririty of the HP and potentially increase resale long term.

The change in engine is due to the new emissions that takes into effect September 2019 where even the GT3 will face the same fate with end of the NA engines.

Yup, heard the same about the HP. In fact, I've posted a few times about the HP been limited based on what we were told during the preview event in LA. At the event a couple execs told us the target number was around 1000-1200 cars with a 2 year run.

And you're right about the emissions rules, BMW announced they're ending production of the M3/M4 and the replacement won't be due out until 2020 with the new emissions rule coming in effect in June. Something to do with a gasoline particulate filter that needs to be on the cars after June.

i suppose logically the huracan facelift will offcially launch in 2019 , also meaning it will no longer be NA ? been struggling either the HP spyder or AV S..

If you haven't had a V12 scratch that itch you will not regret it if you had one go for the HP IMO

Have a HP. Never had a v12 before. It's tough

Hmm that is tough, I don’t know what to say, you are on your own haha.

The only thing I will say, good problem to have :icon_thumleft:

Yup, heard the same about the HP. In fact, I've posted a few times about the HP been limited based on what we were told during the preview event in LA. At the event a couple execs told us the target number was around 1000-1200 cars with a 2 year run.

Anybody know the number of LP570-4 Superleggeras produced?