Will Performantes Hold Value?

Fine2NR

All Huracan’s will depreciate , they will follow the same footsteps as the Gallardo , too many made

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know that's tough. but the V12.....................maybe i should stop here and bring this to the AV section.

Hmm that is tough, I don’t know what to say, you are on your own haha.

The only thing I will say, good problem to have :icon_thumleft:

All Huracan’s will depreciate , they will follow the same footsteps as the Gallardo , too many made

This time it’s a bit different as this is probably the last NA V10 before it goes Hybrid so the rules have changed a bit.

The HP also beat million dollar hyper cars like the 918 and is the best car you can buy with a NA motor.

I am in the market for a HP. Our Aventador Roadster needs a new friend :)

The HP is an 'all boxes checked' true super car (to me). from a 30 min test drive my take away was the HP is a combination of all my previously owned favorite cars:

- Scuderia

- 570 SL

- 997 GT3 RS

All of those cars were incredible but had shortcomings that made their existence in my collection last less than 24 months. I miss them all, but would never buy any of them again. The Performance really does take all those cars best attributes and

adds something that I can only describe as 'Lambo-ness'. The HP is truly special.

Been watching the used / new inventory. There are at least 20 for sale new/ used at present. Our local dealer has 2. They only have one on their site. Other dealers are doing the same thing. Clearly, there is an attempt to not have all available new HPs for sale beyond the dealers own site. Odd considering these cars are so hot at present...

I suspect Lambo is keeping a very close eye on the supply/ demand for the HP. There are perhaps too many great new cars competing with the HP...a ton coming out soon and then add the almost overwhelming number if epic used cars in the same price range. I look at our Aventador for comparison. Its probably worth around what a loaded up HP would sell for new. Our AV has 4k miles and a ton of CF!

There is zero chance I would buy a HP over an AV.

Is the $250-350k market over saturated?

I could buy new, but there seems to be a bit of an oversupply thing going on. That makes me nervous.

When we bought our 2011 570-4 new we got a 10% discount. That was in early 2011. I suspect the same thing is around the corner for the HP. what will the values of used 2018 HPs be in a year? 15% less I bet. rumors about rear wheel steering, spyder release next month (deliveries starting late this year I was told).

Remember, I am in the market. So my perspective is one of a BUYER. I am biased.

However, as many of you I have owned a ton of high end cars (and still do). depreciation predictions for cars in this range is less of an art vs a science. for example, my old 2011 570-4...what is it worth now..after Lambo over saturated with 5-6 LE 570-4s? answer: half of what it cost new. In the scheme of things that is actually not too bad vs other makes.

will the HP depreciate? Of course. This time next year a $350k HP will be for sale used for $280k....

The HP is an 'all boxes checked' true super car (to me). from a 30 min test drive my take away was the HP is a combination of all my previously owned favorite cars:

- Scuderia

- 570 SL

- 997 GT3 RS

All of those cars were incredible but had shortcomings that made their existence in my collection last less than 24 months. I miss them all, but would never buy any of them again. The Performance really does take all those cars best attributes and

adds something that I can only describe as 'Lambo-ness'. The HP is truly special.

Been watching the used / new inventory. There are at least 20 for sale new/ used at present. Our local dealer has 2. They only have one on their site. Other dealers are doing the same thing. Clearly, there is an attempt to not have all available new HPs for sale beyond the dealers own site. Odd considering these cars are so hot at present...

I suspect Lambo is keeping a very close eye on the supply/ demand for the HP. There are perhaps too many great new cars competing with the HP...a ton coming out soon and then add the almost overwhelming number if epic used cars in the same price range. I look at our Aventador for comparison. Its probably worth around what a loaded up HP would sell for new. Our AV has 4k miles and a ton of CF!

I could buy new, but there seems to be a bit of an oversupply thing going on. That makes me nervous.

When we bought our 2011 570-4 new we got a 10% discount. That was in early 2011. I suspect the same thing is around the corner for the HP. what will the values of used 2018 HPs be in a year? 15% less I bet. rumors about rear wheel steering, spyder release next month (deliveries starting late this year I was told).

However, as many of you I have owned a ton of high end cars (and still do). depreciation predictions for cars in this range is less of an art vs a science. for example, my old 2011 570-4...what is it worth now..after Lambo over saturated with 5-6 LE 570-4s? answer: half of what it cost new. In the scheme of things that is actually not too bad vs other makes.

will the HP depreciate? Of course. This time next year a $350k HP will be for sale used for $280k....

The new HP replacement will however be hybrid and no longer be full NA which means it will lose some sound and that naturally aspirated engine response and linear power.

Call me old school but I would rather have a NA V10 over a hybrid in a Lamborghini.

IF there were a hybrid replacement coming soon there is zero chance there wouldn't be leaked info. Zero. Chance.

The Huracan replacement may have some sort of v10+ hybrid. There again, I doubt it.

Of course if the 2019 HP were to be hybrid the 2018 would be depreciation proof.

IIRC Lambo can use VW hybrid sales to make it so they don't have to make that a concern.

And heavier if hybrid

Quick Google search. The Lambo hybrid IS coming....in 2022 for the Huracan replacement. In the meantime, of course, they will sell as many as they can. Just like they did for the 570-4.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars...-be-plug-hybrid

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/15615/t...-hybrid-in-2022

IF there were a hybrid replacement coming soon there is zero chance there wouldn't be leaked info. Zero. Chance.

The Huracan replacement may have some sort of v10+ hybrid. There again, I doubt it.

Of course if the 2019 HP were to be hybrid the 2018 would be depreciation proof.

IIRC Lambo can use VW hybrid sales to make it so they don't have to make that a concern.

this is probably half of the available inventory of HPs for sale.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylist...rsModified=true

Quick Google search. The Lambo hybrid IS coming....in 2022 for the Huracan replacement. In the meantime, of course, they will sell as many as they can. Just like they did for the 570-4.

Let’s just say my sources is very reliable on hybrid and RWS.

It is coming next year as there are new emissions law that has affected the entire VAG and also most of the European car manufacturers.

A V10 or V8 naturally aspirated ICE with an electric hybrid may be even better than just an ICE V10... If executed like the 918 it will be faster but heavier with lots of low end torque and great off the line and low end performance! Certainly beats having a turbo like in the 720S and it’s up coming LT version and the 488 and it’s GTO version...

Rear wheel steering spyder next month ? So the HP spyder would have rws but not the coupe you mean ?

- Scuderia

- 570 SL

- 997 GT3 RS

It would follow their usual pattern if the HP Spyder was released in March 2018 with deliveries end of 2018-ish. No RWS.

New colors in 'Miami' hues wouldn't be a surprise. Its hard to predict what % of the current HP coupe owners will go to the Spyder. I bet at least 50% with 'upgrade'. That means more preowned HPs Q3, 4 of 2018. Some will sell sooner as a 'pretrade'.

2019 will be the first of DOZENS of 'LE' Performantes. There were 18 LE Gallardos....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Gallardo

I suspect RWS in 2019 as a 2020. Then all Huracans will have RWS. No way they will just offer that on the Performante and not have it as at least an option in the lesser Huracans. (ala Porsche with the 911)

Safe bet that 2018 HP will be seen as more desirable because it DOESN'T have RWS. As with all hardcore cars the V2 is always deemed to be less than its older brother because the subsequent cars are 'too soft'.

Lambo will run this cycle until the new Huracan replacement comes out in 2021 (as Lambo CEO reported). That car will probably have V10+.

I wouldn't be surprised if VAG announced in 2019 that there will be a Lamborghini F1 team in 2020/ 21. The CEO of Lambo ran Ferrari's F1 team and there is NO doubt they brought him into Lambo with plans for a F1 team.

I think this is old speculation, but there will probably also be a V8 Huracan. Lambo needs to have a solid upper $100s car to go against Porsche.

Facelift H, i suppose so. New HP, i doubt so soon.

Not looking good for NA engines due to new emission rules hence why the rumors of the HP having a short production run might be true...

We knew this day would come and unfortunately it has come too soon! Brace yourself for a turbocharged future with some assistance from electric motors as by the end of this year, Porsche will do away with its naturally aspirated engine in exchange for a more powerful turbocharged unit.

According to Motor mag, the next gen 992 GT3 will be a powered by a turbo charged flat six unit which will be producing roughly around 550 hp. The estimations for torque figures are much higher than what we are seeing in the current gen. It is unclear if Porsche will still include a manual transmission as an alternative to the 8-speed PDK gearbox. Apart from powertrain changes, the next gen GT3 will be much more lighter as a result of extensive use of lightweight aluminium and high strength steel.

Along with introducing turbocharging in these models, Porsche are also planning to introduce a hybrid model which could sit at the start of the 911 range. The possibilities of seeing a hybrid model are not anytime soon.

This news comes in just days after we reported about the shutdown of BMW M3 production. Both of these cars have fallen prey to ongoing emission crackdown and we won't be surprised if many more cars get the notice.

Not looking good for NA engines due to new emission rules hence why the rumors of the HP having a short production run might be true...

Correct HP production is cut short due to new emission testing standards and the HP will have shorter production cycle for this reason and be forced into hybrid engine.

The spyder gets announced next month and I heard there is one more year of production for both spyder and coupe for HP.

End of an era for NA engines.

It would follow their usual pattern if the HP Spyder was released in March 2018 with deliveries end of 2018-ish. No RWS.

New colors in 'Miami' hues wouldn't be a surprise. Its hard to predict what % of the current HP coupe owners will go to the Spyder. I bet at least 50% with 'upgrade'. That means more preowned HPs Q3, 4 of 2018. Some will sell sooner as a 'pretrade'.

2019 will be the first of DOZENS of 'LE' Performantes. There were 18 LE Gallardos....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Gallardo

I suspect RWS in 2019 as a 2020. Then all Huracans will have RWS. No way they will just offer that on the Performante and not have it as at least an option in the lesser Huracans. (ala Porsche with the 911)

Safe bet that 2018 HP will be seen as more desirable because it DOESN'T have RWS. As with all hardcore cars the V2 is always deemed to be less than its older brother because the subsequent cars are 'too soft'.

Lambo will run this cycle until the new Huracan replacement comes out in 2021 (as Lambo CEO reported). That car will probably have V10+.

I wouldn't be surprised if VAG announced in 2019 that there will be a Lamborghini F1 team in 2020/ 21. The CEO of Lambo ran Ferrari's F1 team and there is NO doubt they brought him into Lambo with plans for a F1 team.

I think this is old speculation, but there will probably also be a V8 Huracan. Lambo needs to have a solid upper $100s car to go against Porsche.

Call me crazy but the soft top completely ruins the lines of the car I would never downgrade to the spyder.

Agreed. Coupe looks epic. I just had our Aventador Roadster out for a couple hours on back country Texas roads. No cars, no cops...tops off, rear window down. Leaving the car in Corsa with the ESC on is about as good as it gets. The entertainment factor for the HP Spyder will be 20x the coupe

This assuming that it is not a flexy flyer. I had a 458 Spider and that thing will chassis juddered to the point of being annoying. Loved the car and miss aspects of it, but would never get another.

We have an Alfa 4c (all CF tub) and the Aventador Roadster...neither have any chassis flex that I have ever perceived.

Call me crazy but the soft top completely ruins the lines of the car I would never downgrade to the spyder.

Agreed. Coupe looks epic. I just had our Aventador Roadster out for a couple hours on back country Texas roads. No cars, no cops...tops off, rear window down. Leaving the car in Corsa with the ESC on is about as good as it gets. The entertainment factor for the HP Spyder will be 20x the coupe

This assuming that it is not a flexy flyer. I had a 458 Spider and that thing will chassis juddered to the point of being annoying. Loved the car and miss aspects of it, but would never get another.

We have an Alfa 4c (all CF tub) and the Aventador Roadster...neither have any chassis flex that I have ever perceived.

The Aventador has a hard top so it looks way sexier with the top up.

i have been asked about interest in the HP spyder by dealer, i declined. wouldn't be surprised too that the H facelife next year will no longer be NA or maybe they will start off with turbo, then hybrid like the URUS.

The HP is the car to own long term unless they make a crazier version of it still utilizing the NA V10.

The hairdryers will ruin it for me.

The HP is the car to own long term unless they make a crazier version of it still utilizing the NA V10.

The hairdryers will ruin it for me.

Maybe a final NA version , super trofeo stradale sort of.