Will Performantes Hold Value?

Fine2NR

Just because they are listed that high doesn’t mean they will sell for that much.

Don't know about the US but couple used HP's up here sold for around $400k, both cars were around $360k-$370k with options.

I was also told coupe production will decrease for MY19 and spyder production will increase which will probably keep prices stable.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just because they are listed that high doesn’t mean they will sell for that much.

Exactly. we have some private sellers in the area that can't get $305k on a $340k optioned car that has 1100 miles.

it's like Ebay, you see people selling an item similar to yours for $500...then you check the items that actually SOLD and they sell for $200. I don't see the HP holding its value like a truly limited edition car. it's still fairly new and some people can't wait. give it a year and you'll see some selling for decent prices IMHO.

The Huracan Performante will do better (with 99% certainty) than the McLaren 720S but not as well as a Ferrari 458 Speciale or the upcoming 488 “GTO”

The Gallardo Superleggera and its depreciation tragectory is indicative of the Performante, I think. The Superleggera has done very well in the long run.

Thank god for the geniuses behind all these new emission standards preventing the over abundant Lambos and Porsche GT cars from destroying our beautiful earth...... :rolleyes:

What is sad is we are in socalled democracy and people in EU should have vote about these things. But obviously that is a pipedream. Commercial transport, Planes and ships make WAY more pollution than any sportscar, regardless of whats the powertrain is. It has literally zero difference, even if we went full batteries, because that time will come when we need to face THOSE pollutions made by all the fucken batteries. And I can tell, when that time comes nobody will look up at Tesla so high anymore.

+ 100.

The only wild card that may make the HP depreciate less vs the 570s is if Lambo were to find an audience with the Mac / Ferrari and Porsche buyers. Lambo is still seen as more flash and show-off vs performance. If IF Lambo changes that perception then the world shifts for Lambo.

If the HP is an indication of how the Lambo brain trust is thinking we will see possibly a new era for Lambo.

I have heard that Lambo is going to be in F1...

The Huracan Performante will do better (with 99% certainty) than the McLaren 720S but not as well as a Ferrari 458 Speciale or the upcoming 488 “GTO”

The Gallardo Superleggera and its depreciation tragectory is indicative of the Performante, I think. The Superleggera has done very well in the long run.

+ 100.

The only wild card that may make the HP depreciate less vs the 570s is if Lambo were to find an audience with the Mac / Ferrari and Porsche buyers. Lambo is still seen as more flash and show-off vs performance. If IF Lambo changes that perception then the world shifts for Lambo.

If the HP is an indication of how the Lambo brain trust is thinking we will see possibly a new era for Lambo.

I have heard that Lambo is going to be in F1...

I have heard about Lambo in F1 too! That would be AWESOME! They even have the right CEO with Ferrari F1 knowledge!

In the meantime I really want Lambo to go out and reclaim the Nurburgring lap record from the GT2RS either with the current Performante or with the next more hardcore iteration. Or with the Aventador SV Jota! I just want that record back!

I have heard about Lambo in F1 too! That would be AWESOME! They even have the right CEO with Ferrari F1 knowledge!

In the meantime I really want Lambo to go out and reclaim the Nurburgring lap record from the GT2RS either with the current Performante or with the next more hardcore iteration. Or with the Aventador SV Jota! I just want that record back!

I’ve heard rumors that Lambo will take the new SV J to the ring, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I’ve heard rumors that Lambo will take the new SV J to the ring, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

This. Let`s say there is a friendly competition between the two VAG brands.

Lambo is a flea vs Porsche. Porsche is VAGs main focus. Notice how Porsche head guys never move TO Lambo. Tells you how Lambo is seen within VAG. red headed step child.

Porsche will never let Lambo dominate beyond the traditional WOW look at me factor.

I only marginally care. Porsches are BORING vs the modern Lambos. Even the GTs. With that said

the GT3 are a great (perhaps the best) overall 'value' in the sports car world.

This. Let`s say there is a friendly competition between the two VAG brands.

Lambo is a flea vs Porsche. Porsche is VAGs main focus. Notice how Porsche head guys never move TO Lambo. Tells you how Lambo is seen within VAG. red headed step child.

Porsche will never let Lambo dominate beyond the traditional WOW look at me factor.

I only marginally care. Porsches are BORING vs the modern Lambos. Even the GTs. With that said

Hmmm... your flea theory does not work for Bugatti also a VAG brand and is positioned at the top of the brand heap with bespoke, one off engineering and brand positioning. Also if what you say is remotely true, Porsche would not allow Lambo to build an SUV just like Porsche did which pulled Porsche out of repeated financial difficulties in the 80’s, 90’s and allowed them to be as profitable as they are today.

Having said that Porsche is a favored brand but not at the expense of other brands, IMO. It has great engineering and racing experience and resources. And the Porsche family members control 51% of the voting stock of VAG.

If Lamborghini not Porsche is positioned in F1, that will be an indication that VAG understands their brand portfolio well.

If Lamborghini not Porsche is positioned in F1, that will be an indication that VAG understands their brand portfolio well.

Of course you guys are both right. Porsche has proven that money rules their every decision but it’s also true that every decision is theirs to make. Lambo is only going to F1 if Porsche thinks it’s the right move AND pays for it.

I think superleggera reference is not as applicable here as we are possibly seeing the very last of the NA V10 engine as the huracan and performante goes hybrid as soon as next year from the rumors I hear from my sources.

I think the performante is more similar to the 458 Speciale as the last of the NA model if they go hybrid electric motor or forced induction like the Urus.

Too many people trying to predict brand and engineering decisions based on VAG corporate strategy.

Unless you guys sit on the board or know someone on the board I don’t see how this can be method to predict future decisions that the VAG automotive sub brands are making on their new models.

:iamwithstupid: the perf has shown the world that Lamborghini is not just show anymore! The urus is the icing on the cake IMO. looks, sound, record SUV performance stats and practicality makes Lamborghini stand alone now. I'm loving what the brand stands for now! good times for sure!

Depreciation thread..back on topic.

the 720s are selling for over MSRP. Friend looking said there are a few out there at dealers over MSRP. Used ones are selling over MSRP. Maybe the 720 will depreciate LESS vs the HP. Used HPs are already for sale for less than MSRP and you can get a new inventory car from a dealer off MSRP.

:iamwithstupid: the perf has shown the world that Lamborghini is not just show anymore! The urus is the icing on the cake IMO. looks, sound, record SUV performance stats and practicality makes Lamborghini stand alone now. I'm loving what the brand stands for now! good times for sure!

Cannot predict 720S depreciation based on trends in the first 12 months. Initial trends are based on production numbers and people rushing for the latest as McL customers have shown to do repeatedly. In the long term the 720S values will not hold as well as the Performante. The evidence is every single modern production McLaren ever built except the P1 has done badly. I have friends who are die hard McL fans that lose 50-60K a year on some McL.!!!!! The 12C coupe and Spyder, 650S coupe and Spyder, the 675 LT Coupe and Spyder (and the LT’s were limited production cars) are all doing horribly in depreciating more than their Ferrari and Lamborghini equivalents at least in the US. It is really bad.

As soon as the LT version of the 720 comes out the regulate 720S are likely to follow the 650S depreciation. Add the McL Senna and the 3 seat BP23 and the 720S will be bottom of the barrel in McL product portfolio. It really does not look good for the 720S in the long run.

What I cannot get over is McLaren with all of their racing pedigree cannot build new engines!!! The same Nissan sourced engine is in every modern McL road car from the 12C to the P1 to the Senna! With Mitsubishi sourced turbochargers! Ouch!

Cannot predict 720S depreciation based on trends in the first 12 months. Initial trends are based on production numbers and people rushing for the latest as McL customers have shown to do repeatedly. In the long term the 720S values will not hold as well as the Performante. The evidence is every single modern production McLaren ever built except the P1 has done badly. I have friends who are die hard McL fans that lose 50-60K a year on some McL.!!!!! The 12C coupe and Spyder, 650S coupe and Spyder, the 675 LT Coupe and Spyder (and the LT’s were limited production cars) are all doing horribly in depreciating more than their Ferrari and Lamborghini equivalents at least in the US. It is really bad.

As soon as the LT version of the 720 comes out the regulate 720S are likely to follow the 650S depreciation. Add the McL Senna and the 3 seat BP23 and the 720S will be bottom of the barrel in McL product portfolio. It really does not look good for the 720S in the long run.

What I cannot get over is McLaren with all of their racing pedigree cannot build new engines!!! The same Nissan sourced engine is in every modern McL road car from the 12C to the P1 to the Senna! With Mitsubishi sourced turbochargers! Ouch!

:iamwithstupid: I had a 12c and 650s and lost over 100k on each. lesson learned. if this turns around ill consider McLaren again.

with my SV and current SVR sale, I made up for my McLaren loss FYI

Depreciation thread..back on topic.

the 720s are selling for over MSRP. Friend looking said there are a few out there at dealers over MSRP. Used ones are selling over MSRP. Maybe the 720 will depreciate LESS vs the HP. Used HPs are already for sale for less than MSRP and you can get a new inventory car from a dealer off MSRP.

Why would anyone pay MSRP or above for a 720s??? In the UK 720s prices are tanking big time, I believe some people have lost $50k+ hell even the first edition cars had to be sold at a loss which was well documented by a couple well known Youtubers. That trend will carry over to the US eventually and I feel bad for all the people who paid over MSRP because surely they're going to lose a ton of money. Even 675LT prices are sliding in Europe.

The haters will keep putting down the HP but the fact is it could be the last NA V10 performance/track oriented car from Lamborghini before they go turbo. Even Porsche has admitted the days of NA engines are over due to emission regulations.

sl55 is correct, 720S locally were offered to serious buyers at 15% under RRP for new factory orders. You have to have rocks in your head in order to pay above RRP but hey there is a sucker born every minute.

The reality is all of them are money losers, the only way to break even or make some money is on a LE car if you catch that sweet spot when the car is trending, if you are clever enough to time that right you will make some dollars if not you will lose, talking obiously about the run of the mill exotics, halo cars excluded.

The art is in buying right, buying the right models then perfectly timing your sales, that way you will be able to enjoy a bit of free or very cheap motoring or if you have my mind set, when I buy something I consider that money lost when I sell I see it as a bonus, whatever tricks your mind into thinking those cars are good “investment” or help you explain and justify an irrational and irresponsible “business” decision LOL

Also depends where you live.

In Australia at the moment there is only 6 maybe 7 Performante's here and I can only predict there will be only around 15 by the end of production which makes than rare here, helping resale

When I drive this bad boy, the last thing that goes through my mind is depreciation! :icon_super:

Love this car! I'm looking to get into a performante and right now I'm seeing more than 15 of them on the market.I don't see them moving at current asking price though.

I am watching this as well. Would love to add one. Having taken many beatings on new Lambos my crystal ball is telling me to wait a bit. I know of 23 cars for sale. Dealers have cars not advertised. Car Gurus (a scrapper site) has a good list as well. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylist...rsModified=true

Love this car! I'm looking to get into a performante and right now I'm seeing more than 15 of them on the market.I don't see them moving at current asking price though.

• 2 weeks later...
This time it’s a bit different as this is probably the last NA V10 before it goes Hybrid so the rules have changed a bit.

The HP also beat million dollar hyper cars like the 918 and is the best car you can buy with a NA motor.

youre clearly proud of your car on order but I hate to break it to you...its going to depreciate