Will Performantes Hold Value?

Fine2NR

We are seeing the last of V10 production models and every single European car company is scrambling including Porsche with their GT3 and GT2 RS as recently announced where there will be NO 2019 models due to recent emissions standards.

must be why they just announced a 2019 GT3 RS. seems like your sources are garbage

LOL at the Huracan going hybrid in 2019. Not happening. Wait until 2022, then we will probably see it

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way the Performante will hold value or appreciate...like pretty much all other cars, it will sink like a stone the day you get it. I could care less; I bought this car to enjoy, and if that's the entry price to enjoyment, I'm all in!

• 2 weeks later...

more for sale...https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=t75677&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=78628&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&trimNames=LP+640-4+Performante+Coupe+AWD&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#resultsPage=2

No way the Performante will hold value or appreciate...like pretty much all other cars, it will sink like a stone the day you get it. I could care less; I bought this car to enjoy, and if that's the entry price to enjoyment, I'm all in!

Lotta Performante's for sale so soon....guess a lot of speculators got a surprise with this car....LOL

There's a lot of people selling coupes or changing orders for the spyders and prices for the HP is still holding strong.

There's a lot of people selling coupes or changing orders for the spyders and prices for the HP is still holding strong.

:iamwithstupid: hearing the same..

• 2 weeks later...

New car...great options, $322 MSRP with a $299 price from a Lambo dealer.

That is a 8% discount which is their margin. (so I was told).

Tells me that maybe Lambo is offering

back end money to the dealer for sales. In other words, the dealer can lower the price..lose their margin...and Lambo might be still giving them $$.

OR

dealer just moving an upsold car to avoid the carry.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huracan-Performant...l~K&vxp=mtr

These cars appear to be following the normal first-year depreciation cycle of most every new high-end car. 15-20% loss in year one.

:iamwithstupid: hearing the same..

it IS listed as pre-owned. With less than 700 miles that is a new car...

New car...great options, $322 MSRP with a $299 price from a Lambo dealer.

That is a 8% discount which is their margin. (so I was told).

Tells me that maybe Lambo is offering

back end money to the dealer for sales. In other words, the dealer can lower the price..lose their margin...and Lambo might be still giving them $$.

OR

dealer just moving an upsold car to avoid the carry.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huracan-Performant...l~K&vxp=mtr

These cars appear to be following the normal first-year depreciation cycle of most every new high-end car. 15-20% loss in year one.

it IS listed as pre-owned. With less than 700 miles that is a new car...
No it is not a new car! New cars are UNTITLED WITH DELIVERY MILEAGE! Used cars are previously TITLED with anything more than delivery mileage!

Once the surge of owners switching for the HP spyder dies out you'll see the prices on the HP coupe stabilize and hold steady. And seeing how the focus for HQ atm is the SVJ and the Urus I don't think we'll be seeing another performance oriented H for a while so long term the prices should hold up pretty well.

Once the surge of owners switching for the HP spyder dies out you'll see the prices on the HP coupe stabilize and hold steady. And seeing how the focus for HQ atm is the SVJ and the Urus I don't think we'll be seeing another performance oriented H for a while so long term the prices should hold up pretty well.

Next HP we will see will be RWD.

Lotta Performante's for sale so soon....guess a lot of speculators got a surprise with this car....LOL

Sure most had to sign an agreement that they would not resell within a year or give the dealership the option to buy it back. Forgot what the verbiage is, signed a few in the past on spec'ed orders. Once that time passes, many will hit the market.

interesting....having bought several new and used Lambos I was never asked to sign something like that. Maybe its because I never specced a car...

Sure most had to sign an agreement that they would not resell within a year or give the dealership the option to buy it back. Forgot what the verbiage is, signed a few in the past on spec'ed orders. Once that time passes, many will hit the market.

I signed an agreement for 6 months, can't resell or export. I ordered the new G Wagon and I had to sign a 2 year no resell/export agreement. Different markets, different agreements.

2 years is crazy....What if you get it and hate it? Any option to trade it back into dealer?? What's the penalty?

2 years is crazy....What if you get it and hate it? Any option to trade it back into dealer?? What's the penalty?

Not only that but I was told the new G Wagon in Canada might be lease only. The reason is too many people especially here in Vancouver are buying and exporting high end luxury vehicles to China and manufacturers are fed up and trying to do everything they can to prevent exports. I was told MB Canada will be changing the 2 years to 1 year if they offer lease only. Based on the agreement now you can sell after one year but it has to be local, 2 years if you want to sell outside of the Canada.

I'm in Montreal QC...no such agreement was ever discussed or asked for from me, or anyone else buying at Lambo Montreal.

Silverstar, the biggest MB dealer in the province, will sell me a G-Wagon...and not ask for any such agreement; I am sure. There is nothing exclusive about that vehicle...it's not an AMG Project One.

Only Ford has asked for this recently with the new NFGT, that I am aware of, but they have a total production of 250/ yr for 4 years and they are sold out many times over. I was unable to buy one, as were several thousand others who applied.

That car is worth a cool 2+ million today in the used market...if you know where to get it.

The Lambo dealer you're dealing with has decided to do this on their own. I don't believe it's a Lamborghini initiative.

I think Ferrari does this on some models from time to time...Lexus tried it on the LFA and now, many years later, there are still quite a few of them unsold, out of a 500-unit production.

Lamborghini won't do this because they will kill sales; they're not Ferrari, sadly; I wish they were.

There are a good 5 Performante's for sale at my dealer...and I am sure they will not be sold overnight...and they are not an insignificant dealer either.

Demand appears to have been met based on what is for sale. The buyers who wanted one have it.

The problem now is that the market is probably oversaturated with HPs.

my then new 2011 SL was discounted by around $40k off MSRP. Sticker was $282 IIRC. Bought it in 2010. In 2011 I traded it for a 09 Scuderia...even. The Scuderia originally cost $305. when new to the original owner. I paid what amounted to $190k, trading even with for the SL. Scuderia guy lost $100k....in 2009 the economy was a mess.

I know of a few very nice Scuderias with all the right stuff for around $210. My old 2011 SL is probably worth...$150k or less. Draw your own conclusions.

That means my 2011 SL is worth around 50% less vs when it was new based on MSRP. The same thing will happen for the HPs. It is the cycle of life for a Lambo owner. I bet that a $330 HP will be worth in the mid to low mid $200s this time next year.

I'm in Montreal QC...no such agreement was ever discussed or asked for from me, or anyone else buying at Lambo Montreal.

Silverstar, the biggest MB dealer in the province, will sell me a G-Wagon...and not ask for any such agreement; I am sure. There is nothing exclusive about that vehicle...it's not an AMG Project One.

Only Ford has asked for this recently with the new NFGT, that I am aware of, but they have a total production of 250/ yr for 4 years and they are sold out many times over. I was unable to buy one, as were several thousand others who applied.

That car is worth a cool 2+ million today in the used market...if you know where to get it.

The Lambo dealer you're dealing with has decided to do this on their own. I don't believe it's a Lamborghini initiative.

I think Ferrari does this on some models from time to time...Lexus tried it on the LFA and now, many years later, there are still quite a few of them unsold, out of a 500-unit production.

Lamborghini won't do this because they will kill sales; they're not Ferrari, sadly; I wish they were.

There are a good 5 Performante's for sale at my dealer...and I am sure they will not be sold overnight...and they are not an insignificant dealer either.

I was never asked to sign anything...

I think it's only for spec'd cars which models haven't hit the market yet. I never signed one for the lambo's purchased that were already in stock. For example, my 17 H Spyder was one of the first produced, Spec'd in January 2016 and delivered in July 2016. The Urus was spec'd and as we all know not being delivered as of yet. This keeps people from buying new "releases" and turning around and "flipping" them, I guess...

Vancouver is whole different market so it's hard to compare it to say Winnipeg, Montreal or even Toronto. We have too many exotic and luxury car buyers in a very small area and not enough inventory plus you have a lot of people sitting on the sideline scooping up these cars and exporting them to China.

And I e-mailed MB dealers outside of BC and all of them said allocation for the new G is reserved for local buyers and they will not sell out of Province. If your dealer in MB is willing to sell out of Province let me know because if I get forced to lease for 3 years with some ridiculous residual and high interest rate I will cancel my order and find another dealer out of Province that will sell to me.

Demand appears to have been met based on what is for sale. The buyers who wanted one have it.

The problem now is that the market is probably oversaturated with HPs.

my then new 2011 SL was discounted by around $40k off MSRP. Sticker was $282 IIRC. Bought it in 2010. In 2011 I traded it for a 09 Scuderia...even. The Scuderia originally cost $305. when new to the original owner. I paid what amounted to $190k, trading even with for the SL. Scuderia guy lost $100k....in 2009 the economy was a mess.

I know of a few very nice Scuderias with all the right stuff for around $210. My old 2011 SL is probably worth...$150k or less. Draw your own conclusions.

That means my 2011 SL is worth around 50% less vs when it was new based on MSRP. The same thing will happen for the HPs. It is the cycle of life for a Lambo owner. I bet that a $330 HP will be worth in the mid to low mid $200s this time next year.

Prices seem to be holding steady especially when half the country is still experiencing winter weather and buyers aren't really to motivated to buy a summer toy. I personally don't see panic in the marketplace...yet. Lets see how allocation for the MY19 HP's play out. If they make more HP's compared to MY18 the prices will start to tank however if production is tighter I expect prices to hold steady.

Weird, I never signed an agreement. Here in SoCal, I don’t think anyone was asked to do so? I spec’d my Perf and was in the first round of delivery back in Oct ‘17.