Will Performantes Hold Value?

Fine2NR

Not only that but I was told the new G Wagon in Canada might be lease only. The reason is too many people especially here in Vancouver are buying and exporting high end luxury vehicles to China and manufacturers are fed up and trying to do everything they can to prevent exports. I was told MB Canada will be changing the 2 years to 1 year if they offer lease only. Based on the agreement now you can sell after one year but it has to be local, 2 years if you want to sell outside of the Canada.

If you have a relationship with the dealer , they will sell you one . I bought 4 MB SUV’s the last 2 years , you are correct about the lease only for specific models and the discussion started out that way for the first purchase . I insisted and they obliged lol

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20k under is great! Was it for a new allocation or a car they were sitting on?
Cannot be for a new allocation. Must be a used car and likely from a non- Lambo dealer... Different geographic markets are obviously different. My Lambo dealer says he is selling lightly used Performantes at list (demand-supply in his market). He says Spyders are most of production going forward and coupe production will drastically drop. While some will go from coupe to spyder, people like me who track will not. I cannot even sit with a helmet on in a spyder (it is noticeably smaller inside). All this will have a bearing on prices.

my friend just got one for 20k under...

I would love to see the new HP that a dealer sold for 20 k under sticker.Dealers have them in stock because they ordered them (speculating ) but cant advertise them because Lambo is watching.(read between the lines here).Hard to sell a car customers dont know u have. So if your a buyer looking for one call all the dealerships.Cheapest ive seen so far is sticker on a new HP.

I would love to see the new HP that a dealer sold for 20 k under sticker.Dealers have them in stock because they ordered them (speculating ) but cant advertise them because Lambo is watching.(read between the lines here).Hard to sell a car customers dont know u have. So if your a buyer looking for one call all the dealerships.Cheapest ive seen so far is sticker on a new HP.

I got one for 17k under MSRP and I got to Spec the car. Supposed to send the funds tomorrow (10% Deposit). I could prob get 20k if someone else wants to get in with me.

I got one for 17k under MSRP and I got to Spec the car. Supposed to send the funds tomorrow (10% Deposit). I could prob get 20k if someone else wants to get in with me.

from where?

brand new car from Lambo dealer...

Cannot be for a new allocation. Must be a used car and likely from a non- Lambo dealer... Different geographic markets are obviously different. My Lambo dealer says he is selling lightly used Performantes at list (demand-supply in his market). He says Spyders are most of production going forward and coupe production will drastically drop. While some will go from coupe to spyder, people like me who track will not. I cannot even sit with a helmet on in a spyder (it is noticeably smaller inside). All this will have a bearing on prices.

I'm in Montreal QC...no such agreement was ever discussed or asked for from me, or anyone else buying at Lambo Montreal.

Silverstar, the biggest MB dealer in the province, will sell me a G-Wagon...and not ask for any such agreement; I am sure. There is nothing exclusive about that vehicle...it's not an AMG Project One.

Only Ford has asked for this recently with the new NFGT, that I am aware of, but they have a total production of 250/ yr for 4 years and they are sold out many times over. I was unable to buy one, as were several thousand others who applied.

That car is worth a cool 2+ million today in the used market...if you know where to get it.

The Lambo dealer you're dealing with has decided to do this on their own. I don't believe it's a Lamborghini initiative.

I think Ferrari does this on some models from time to time...Lexus tried it on the LFA and now, many years later, there are still quite a few of them unsold, out of a 500-unit production.

Lamborghini won't do this because they will kill sales; they're not Ferrari, sadly; I wish they were.

There are a good 5 Performante's for sale at my dealer...and I am sure they will not be sold overnight...and they are not an insignificant dealer either.

Which Ferraris did this?

I only recall the F50 specifically being a 3 year lease then buy out.

I was talking about cars on the ground. When did they tell u it will be delivered?

i guess the question is being answered about the Performante holding value or not. $20k off, probably a 5%+ discount in the first 6 months on a brand new spec to order car. HP is heading for at least a 10% depreciation loss first year if not more. That is about right in line with how the regular huracan depreciates.

spoke to my dealer and he said this seems like BS. 20k below msrp on a new 0 mile HP is nuts.

I would ask for proof and if you can get it done for that price, you got a hell of a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should go

play the lottery or head to vegas same day :eusa_dance:

spoke to my dealer and he said this seems like BS. 20k below msrp on a new 0 mile HP is nuts.

I would ask for proof and if you can get it done for that price, you got a hell of a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should go

play the lottery or head to vegas same day :eusa_dance:

:iamwithstupid:

I know for a fact 10k off is possible and I can definitely see getting 20k but it will probably be for a fully optioned car...paint options alone can be 10-15K lol

At the end of the day Dealers will still Make their $$$

Guys...I was offered similar deals on 4 cars. Honestly, they offered the discounts on my first call without me really asking.

Maybe it is your dealer who is not telling you the truth about the discounting. (more likely, no?)

HPs are special cars TO US car nerds. Not to the general car buying world who could care less about the nerdery that this car offers. $300k is a lot of dough considering all the competition (new and used).

I also think Lambo overpriced this car. There is NO way the HP is worth the same or even close to a 2014-15 Aventador Roadster. And yet, that is where many of them ended up. I bet that more than a couple wide-eyed HP buyers decided to get a slightly used V12. I would NEVER sell our AV Roadster for a HP. Never. Ever.

Mclaren owns $300k space for now. Their 720s is a next level car. It eclipses everything else in that price range. Thus, they are not in inventory and when they resell for MSRP + or -. Mclaren out Lambo'ed Lambo with the 720S design. Tech wise they surpassed Ferrari.

I still prefer the HP. Old school brute.

I know for a fact 10k off is possible and I can definitely see getting 20k but it will probably be for a fully optioned car...paint options alone can be 10-15K lol

At the end of the day Dealers will still Make their $$$

Guys...I was offered similar deals on 4 cars. Honestly, they offered the discounts on my first call without me really asking.

Maybe it is your dealer who is not telling you the truth about the discounting. (more likely, no?)

HPs are special cars TO US car nerds. Not to the general car buying world who could care less about the nerdery that this car offers. $300k is a lot of dough considering all the competition (new and used).

I also think Lambo overpriced this car. There is NO way the HP is worth the same or even close to a 2014-15 Aventador Roadster. And yet, that is where many of them ended up. I bet that more than a couple wide-eyed HP buyers decided to get a slightly used V12. I would NEVER sell our AV Roadster for a HP. Never. Ever.

Mclaren owns $300k space for now. Their 720s is a next level car. It eclipses everything else in that price range. Thus, they are not in inventory and when they resell for MSRP + or -. Mclaren out Lambo'ed Lambo with the 720S design. Tech wise they surpassed Ferrari.

I cannot disagree more with your analysis. If all one wants to do is pose with his/her Lamborghini at malls and cars and coffee, the Performante is not the car to buy. The base (non SV) Aventador is king for that purpose. The SV on the other hand is both a performance car and an exotic that shows well. I have owned both and that is just my opinion.

What you refer to as car nerdery is the reason the informed performance enthusiast wants to buy a Performante. The patented aero technology, the visceral driving experience all wrapped in a really cool design that is very Lamborghini. A large number of Performante owners track their car (likely higher than any other Lambo model owner). Prices are varying by market and no matter what our individual opinions are, the market is what it is.

As for the McLaren 720S comparison... I know two of my friends and two others I do not know personally have sold their 720S and swapped them out for Performantes. Why because the 720S is fast in a straight line but boring and unengaging on the track compared to the Performante. McLaren build quality is questionable too. An instructor that drove 3 different 720S's on track said all three behaved differently in identical settings (no BS, I talked to him myself). It still has a bored and stroked Nissan designed engine in it (just like the 12C) with dual Mitsubishi sourced turbos! I love Japanese cars and own one now for the nanny to drive my kids around. But I don't want my exotic with Nissan and Mitsubishi bits... Do you? The verdict from many is that the 720S is unengaging to drive especially on the track compared to the visceral Performante.

As for how it is priced, it is priced well, IMO, as it is cheaper than the Pista, comparable to the 720S (much cheaper than the rapidly depreciating 675LTand all other McLarens) and comparable to the Porsche GT2RS which is its closest rival in track performance. It beat the 918 Spyder in track performance at multiple tracks and those are priced at $1.5-1.9M. Themarket clearly thinks the 918 is not overpriced.

So I believe the Performante is a true driver's car and the most capable road going track car Lambo has ever built to date. The SV-J may change that! Speculators and poseurs are responsible for prices of exotics fluctuating to a degree. We have seen that with GT Porsches. Ultimately, if one is worried about depreciation, of a 320K car, perhaps one should not buy that car!

I dont think we disagree on a single point ;) Other than pricing of HPs. I am merely passing along real world buying experience. As many others have suspected the HP will follow the same depreciation curve as the other Huracans. Such is the way.

Interesting about the engine tech in the MC. I didn't know that. With that said, I wouldn't care if I were in the market for one. Here is a great article on MC engines: https://jalopnik.com/this-20-year-old-nissa...aren-1793155467

You would be STUNNED by the number of parts etc in a modern Ferrari that are from...CHINA.

You can't compare any Lambo to Ferrari. Not for the sake of how the market sees the 2 brands. Ferrari is on a totally different level. The Pista will double in value. At least.

Lambo has always won the heart strings war with me. When I open the garage and see the AV Roadster it never fails to make me feel happy (and lucky).

Huracans are Audis. Its a R10! Audi just came out with a RWD version of the R10. As someone else here pointed out the next obvious move for the HP will be a RWD version. Clearly, he is right.

I doubt too many folks will use their HPs on the track. I haven't done a track event in a while (I have an Ariel Atom 3s for those duties). Friends who track all the time have kept with their z28s, Porches etc.

I cannot disagree more with your analysis. If all one wants to do is pose with his/her Lamborghini at malls and cars and coffee, the Performante is not the car to buy. The base (non SV) Aventador is king for that purpose. The SV on the other hand is both a performance car and an exotic that shows well. I have owned both and that is just my opinion.

What you refer to as car nerdery is the reason the informed performance enthusiast wants to buy a Performante. The patented aero technology, the visceral driving experience all wrapped in a really cool design that is very Lamborghini. A large number of Performante owners track their car (likely higher than any other Lambo model owner). Prices are varying by market and no matter what our individual opinions are, the market is what it is.

As for the McLaren 720S comparison... I know two of my friends and two others I do not know personally have sold their 720S and swapped them out for Performantes. Why because the 720S is fast in a straight line but boring and unengaging on the track compared to the Performante. McLaren build quality is questionable too. An instructor that drove 3 different 720S's on track said all three behaved differently in identical settings (no BS, I talked to him myself). It still has a bored and stroked Nissan designed engine in it (just like the 12C) with dual Mitsubishi sourced turbos! I love Japanese cars and own one now for the nanny to drive my kids around. But I don't want my exotic with Nissan and Mitsubishi bits... Do you? The verdict from many is that the 720S is unengaging to drive especially on the track compared to the visceral Performante.

As for how it is priced, it is priced well, IMO, as it is cheaper than the Pista, comparable to the 720S (much cheaper than the rapidly depreciating 675LTand all other McLarens) and comparable to the Porsche GT2RS which is its closest rival in track performance. It beat the 918 Spyder in track performance at multiple tracks and those are priced at $1.5-1.9M. Themarket clearly thinks the 918 is not overpriced.

So I believe the Performante is a true driver's car and the most capable road going track car Lambo has ever built to date. The SV-J may change that! Speculators and poseurs are responsible for prices of exotics fluctuating to a degree. We have seen that with GT Porsches. Ultimately, if one is worried about depreciation, of a 320K car, perhaps one should not buy that car!

+1

I thought you ordered a HP last year but now the HP got you triggered? I tried my best to take you serious but when you start dropping "it's an Audi" and start claiming the 720s is reselling over MSRP I can't take you serious. And you do know the Aventador S roadster is out right? Maybe that's why Aventador roadster prices are dropping right?