Let’s Talk Social Media

Destructo

I got a Facebook account back in '05. Before I could even really start using it I saw news stories of people being fired for what was on the their FB account........havent used it since. God only knows what is on it as I cant even log on as I forgot the pword.

But this is the best one!

The members are the best, operationally the forum could do with an update, adding photos is a major PITA and many times the site is offline showing some error IPS or something along those lines if I remember correctly.

If I were to put it in car terms I'd say it's a MY2003 Gallardo, it gets you there, still and exotic but from time to time it has few mechanical issues LOL

The members are the best, operationally the forum could do with an update, adding photos is a major PITA and many times the site is offline showing some error IPS or something along those lines if I remember correctly.

If I were to put it in car terms I'd say it's a MY2003 Gallardo, it gets you there, still and exotic but from time to time it has few mechanical issues LOL

You forgot the most important update of them all...

WE NEED A NEW BANNER

I think social media is dangerous.

I love twitter though. But I try not to check it too much and only follow a handful of good accounts.

Pretty much sums up my view, too lazy to type :D and Chamath is much better at rationalizing than I am :D

Great vid!

Thanks for sharing.

Society was much better without social media

I watch the shorter interview, he’s correct in what he’s saying but after making millions and saying I did a fantastic job and they do very good things but now it’s all shit and I personally decided to take care of orphans it’s a bit hard to take this guy serious, is it shit or good?

I am confused.

I watch the shorter interview, he’s correct in what he’s saying but after making millions and saying I did a fantastic job and they do very good things but now it’s all shit and I personally decided to take care of orphans it’s a bit hard to take this guy serious, is it shit or good?

I am confused.

The "Oliver Stone Complex" is what I call it because Oliver Stone is that guy who's made millions of dollars by telling people that making money and the people who make money are all bad

The "Oliver Stone Complex" is what I call it because Oliver Stone is that guy who's made millions of dollars by telling people that making money and the people who make money are all bad

Very true LOL

This is a nice vent thread about social media. I concur with most on here about all of the garbage relating to social media.

One good thing FB and Twitter have done is give a look at the nature of people that they don't realize they are giving off. You can know people a long time and have a good read on them, then look at their posting nature and see a side of them you didn't know exists.

We are also a part of this too, although the quieter you are on it, the less you will broadcast on it. I've noticed myself and a few others have reduced their FB posting content quite a bit.

FB is nice to have to keep track of what's going on back home when you are halfway across the world. I couldn't imagine living remote without it...

Twitter is good for those people you care to actually follow, and it seems to be a more ideal platform at times than blogs, forums, etc due to its instant nature. For example I will follow numerous insider personalities on Twitter the instant NFL free agency hits in March and follow all of the transactions in real time....

The business side of social media might be its best asset. Gary Vee will swear it's the most important thing ever, but at the very least it's relevant.