View New Posts Broken

sprite

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same thing, with about million sub sections this is the only way to manage reading the forum.

:iamwithstupid: it has been a frustrating experience the past several days

I see the number of posts declining quite rapidly since the issue, I always gauge it by the number of posts made when I wake up in the AM to get my fix :icon_mrgreen:

I see the number of posts declining quite rapidly since the issue, I always gauge it by the number of posts made when I wake up in the AM to get my fix :icon_mrgreen:
I don’t generally track the number of posts - but I definitely am spending less time here as a result of this annoyance. Hoping it’s resolved soon.

And the bots are invading... but maybe they always do: online now

1798 guests, 35 members

saw about 4900 "guests" the other day.

This forum is one of the most unreliable forums I visit. Always some issue. Bummer. I hope it gets fixed.

While this "View New Posts" issue is happening, what method do people use to find New posts? I'm having to look at each forum in the Main list to see when the last post was, and then do mental gymnastics.

Every day since the error started, I click View new posts every time, get the error, click on General and Off topic then check this thread for any news and then wonder whats happening on Reddit.

The software running this board is very common, so a lot of scripted attacks can bork your DB and cause a basic denial of service and if you don't want to pay for round the clock alerts it can go unnoticed for a bit. Also unplugging your server to recharge your fleshlight plug in a hot plate would take it down. I don't know the situation.