View New Posts Broken

sprite

I should share the story of how I was tossed out of a data center for "laying cable" in my cage with my gf at the time. She put the knockers in the NOC. ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should share the story of how I was tossed out of a data center for "laying cable" in my cage with my gf at the time. She put the knockers in the NOC. ;)

Ummmmm...YES

Now we talking LOL

Looks like we are still in limp mode.
ugh

Nothin worse than limp mode!!!!

:icon_mrgreen:

rmtn I’m on board for LP 2.0 if this isn’t resolved

Anyone interested in migrating to LP 2.0? I will build it if the interest is there.

Not it. (no tag backs)

I mean yeah to forum, but I don't know how to use the intarwebs or surf the information superhighway.

I tried to buy the forum for $10.00 worth of Bitcoin currency. Negotiations went as follows:

Me: I'll buy it for $10.00 worth of Bitcoin

LPower: $9.67? What do I need $10.32 for?

I give up, someone post on the FB group when its fixed, I'm out

Hopefully only the hardcore elite proper members will remain if it ever gets sorted

Hey folks,

Alex and I just found out about this issue this morning. We're extremely sorry for the problem ya'll are experiencing and for not noticing the problem earlier.

We're in touch with our IT contact to look into this. And yes, we know it's been a LONG time, we'll also be looking into a few options for giving LP a new look.

Again, we are very sorry. To have new and long-time LP members be frustrated with the forum is not what we want and we promise to get this sorted and better.

Thanks.

Hey folks,

Alex and I just found out about this issue this morning. We're extremely sorry for the problem ya'll are experiencing and for not noticing the problem earlier.

We're in touch with our IT contact to look into this. And yes, we know it's been a LONG time, we'll also be looking into a few options for giving LP a new look.

Again, we are very sorry. To have new and long-time LP members be frustrated with the forum is not what we want and we promise to get this sorted and better.

Thanks.

Many thanks. With that new look will there be a new banner? :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Cool but how many people already bounced?

It’s only a few of the long term members who hang around, hardly see any new faces anyway.

The rest are bots by the thousands.

Hey folks,

Thanks.

First, thank you for finally addressing the problem and corrected it.

Second, nothing personal of course but by the post above, aren't you conceding that you as owner/administrators have been neglecting this site then? How is possible that an administrator would not have known such a major problem existed if one were to log on this site on a regular if not on a daily basis? Seemed like this problem did not come to light until Allan allegedly informed Alex. This site was adrift in cyberspace for the longest of time.

This was a great Lamborghini forum with many many great members that came from all walks of life. Ask any question and it seldom, if ever, gone unanswered and almost all answers had always been genuine and sincere. We may not share similar views but nearly all had always been spoken from our hearts. Similar to the brand that this site dedicates to, with the lack of proper management and advancement in technologies; i.e. existence of other social media such as but not limited to Instagram; this forum had become stagnant (Lamborghini in the mid-90's). Now that the admins are finally back on board, please steer this forum back on course. Many contributing members had already left for good; some mods had also moved on with new priorities in life or simply given up; only a handful of diehards are remaining now. Owners and admins, please consider what the brand did in the late 90's --- inject new finances and management into the forum and have it revitalized much like what Audi/VAG had done to Lamborghini SpA. If the incentive and motivation aren't there anymore, consider offering it at fair value to potential new owners who has the determination and know-how on jump starting this forum (again, not unlike what Audi/VAG had done).

Some points to ponder on:

Get a new banner. Seriously, even the Aventador is nearing its final model and LP's is still stuck with a Murcielago on its banner?! If we are going nostalgic, how about putting a Miura or a Countach along with the Aventador S on a new banner please!

Repair/Improve the software on uploading pics. No need to elaborate and no excuse on this. Just fix it please as everyone will be interested in seeing more pics. As the old cliche goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. If and when the uploading pics function is finally fixed, enthusiasm and thus participation will return.

Reduce and revise the sections. As the participation dwindles, so too the posts and some sections had not been active for ages. And some simply post at will and do not post in the proper and related section; and that includes some of the mods themselves! If we cannot follow our own guidelines, then some revisions and restructuring are obviously needed.

Adhere to your own rules: controversies are exactly that, no more; no less; and it's obvious on how it would end up. We all knew what this is referring to... Sure, it increased site traffic but it also divided the community greatly which ultimately costed a number of members either by ban or by voluntarily stopped posting/participating with some departed permanently. It's almost like cocaine: sure, it gives that transitory high but ultimately it ruins oneself.

Have stronger firewall software to curtail bots. We know they exists and we know they aren't real members and they aren't doing any good at all. So please do something about it.

Perhaps revert back to "access by members only"? This one is a tough call as there are pros and cons to both sides. But it clearly doesn't seem to offer much benefits. How about revising the software so that all the thread titles can be read by the public but to actually read each thread in depth, one has to become a member. This way, the interest will be there to attract new members and the sponsors' ads can still be read without signing on (thus serving their purpose); but the site will not be abused. Not the perfect solution by any means but possibly a better solution than the current state.

Again, regrets for the rant. But this site had inspired many from casual visitors to first-time owners, onto repeat buyers and even to dedicated collectors; from having a mere dream to realizing an actual goal; from a modest and humble beginning to a successful and lucrative career. And let's not forget the various projects initiated by members that were truly interesting, inspiring and motivating; many of which would have made Ferruccio Lamborghini himself proud. LP had paved ways to many great things and there still should be some life left for this forum. Let's restore it back to its glory days again much like what the current Lamborghini SpA is doing right now.