991.2 GT3 or 570S

Luxeous

That makes sense with the scarcity in the US, also seems a lot of cars were bought just to flip.

It's a real problem, all the good stuff is bought to flip in the US due to the VIP Program. I bet HALF the 911R's in the US were flipped. Corporate hates the program but it was a necessary evil to sell the 918's here.

It used to pay to drive Ferraris. Now it pays to drive Porsches.

There are literally thousands in the US ready to beg, borrow and steal to buy the next supercar because it is "guaranteed to go up." That tells me its going the way of the Carrera GT and depreciating until the regular people are weeded out of supercar territory.

Porsche are amazing machines, but their designs are always a little too subtle for me (excluding the GT3 RS, GT2 RS, 918, and Carrera GT). That's why I like McLarens, they are like Porsches with more exotic flair. If only they could get their front end deigns locked in though...

I agree, except for looks, quality, their approach to lap times and depreciation, they are almost the exact same cars. :icon_mrgreen:

I emailed the 4 dealers closest to me and they all said all their GT3 allocations through the rest of the year were spoken for. I guess I just need to wait for one specced like I want to and eat the premium if I want one in a reasonable time frame. I figured the GT3RS would be hard to get, but had no idea it would be this hard to get a regular GT3.

I agree, except for looks, quality, their approach to lap times and depreciation, they are almost the exact same cars. :icon_mrgreen:

They drive exactly the same and they have an overblown MSRP...yep...looks the same to me :icon_mrgreen:

I emailed the 4 dealers closest to me and they all said all their GT3 allocations through the rest of the year were spoken for. I guess I just need to wait for one specced like I want to and eat the premium if I want one in a reasonable time frame. I figured the GT3RS would be hard to get, but had no idea it would be this hard to get a regular GT3.

GT3's are tough because they are less than 10% of Porsche's product line when you look at the numbers. I have a Porsche guy that might be able to help if you're looking for an allocation.

The day after the .2 GT3 was announced to have a manual transmission, the dealer up here

Had around 40 people call with money in had for one. Virtually everyone was told no even though they are a premier dealer they would not be able to fill most orders, myself included.

Hey guys - looking to get a new daily driver / 2nd fun car now that we've got two kids as of last Wednesday. :)

I've narrowed it down to two cars I really like right now - the new GT3 (manual) and the 570S.

I haven't gotten a chance to drive the new GT3 yet (working on it) but as a stick with a 9k redline it's pretty much a perfect daily / canyon carver in Malibu. The 570S, which I have driven, is incredible performance at a great price when buying used.

I am 100% new to the Porsche world but from what I understand a key takeaway from the GT cars is how well they maintain their value - I know the RS does even more than the standard GT3 so I just want to make sure that I'm not asking to lose a fortune when buying new compared to a used 570S.

Appreciate your input.

PS. New baby is perfectly healthy and the wife is too. Never thought I could love a second child as much as I do my first but the moment I saw him my heart literally expanded. Absolutely unreal feeling.

Congrats on the baby!! Amazing how much love we are actually capable of isn't it.

what, I'm biased now? :)

if you want to blend in and go slow, get the Porsche....

only Porsches I would own are the CGT and 918...

But you drive 720s

Mclaren all day. Presence that the Porsche just doesnt have with equally enjoyable driving experience.

Based on my experience I’d would like to disagree, until quite recently I had almost no interest in Porsche, until few years ago I couldn’t even tell them apart and to a certain extent I still can’t :icon_mrgreen: and still have very little interest in them but what you can’t take away from a Porsche is the driving experience of the GT range, McLaren still has some work to do, also in a DD you need reliability, that one also goes to Porsche, if you want something more exotic looking I’d go with a Mac.

still have very little interest in them but what you can’t take away from a Porsche is the driving experience of the GT range, McLaren still has some work to do, also in a DD you need reliability, that one also goes to Porsche, if you want something more exotic looking I’d go with a Mac.

:iamwithstupid: Porsche's are great machines but looks wise the are way to conservative and they haven't really done much in 50+ years (hmmm I wonder what the 2030 911 Carrera will look like...hmmmmmm :eusa_think: :eusa_think: :eusa_think: ).

Both are fast, but McLaren has the more exotic look. The Porsche is a better DD, the cabin has more space (especially since you're as tall as me) and it's got the manual. The 570 is a fun little car, the Spyder is 10x better than the coupe IMHO but the big drawback is the feel of the brakes. I don't get why McLaren engineered so much travel before they grip.