Finally giving Bond a try

Leadfoot

Absolutely Beautiful, Aston Martins have the prettiest body lines out there...TIMELESS....I had a 2002 Vanquish and loved the look. The newer ones have resolved a lot of the problems the earlier ones encountered. Enjoy!

God I love this car, congratulations on the purchase!

Absolutely Beautiful, Aston Martins have the prettiest body lines out there...TIMELESS....I had a 2002 Vanquish and loved the look. The newer ones have resolved a lot of the problems the earlier ones encountered. Enjoy!

Thanks guys!

Unbelievable! Identical taste - i am hunting for a manual coupe. Interested to hear your thoughts on the auto drop top as my old man had one and i did a couple thousand miles in it and never gel'd with the box.

Unbelievable! Identical taste - i am hunting for a manual coupe. Interested to hear your thoughts on the auto drop top as my old man had one and i did a couple thousand miles in it and never gel'd with the box.

Hey JM!

Great minds think alike my friend!! I was originally hunting for a manual coupe also—but as I considered what I was going to use this car for I started to migrate over to a Volante. Then the Mrs got involved and lobbied hard for an auto since she really wanted to drive this one. She was pushing hard for an auto in the ZR1 I just ordered and she lost that argument!

—so I have to let her win one ONCE in awhile!

Anyways—the touchtronic2 box is not horrible—upshifts are actually pretty quick in sport, but downshifts are not all that impressive. The auto box fits the Volante just fine—-I would want the manual in the coupe. As you’re probably finding out, manuals are a 10%+ premium over the autos.

Overall, I just love the car. It’s an amazing GT that’s aging well!