Do mods on a Gallardo add a lot of value and if so around how much

richardk

Hi, Well i am looking at a 04 g with just over 82000 kms and its a gated car black and seems to be in nice shape.

Its local 4 me and he says is has had around 130000 worth of work done to it. It's a tt car and from what the seller states it was done by underground. Also done pads and rotors,motor rebuilt and beefed up, new carbon clutch, and windshield. I am going to take a look at it this week but cant drive as we have record amounts of snow here. He stated 800 hp and can tune up to 950. It also has the carbon fiber package from the factory. I have pics but probably not a good idea to post pics of someone else's car. Any ideas of what this would be worth and any advice. Stock with the miles i am at around 100000 but with the mods not sure. Thanks

Is he including stock parts with the sale (so the car could be put back to stock if you wanted to)?

That would be worth something to me but I agree with LP DADDY. Mods decrease value and decrease audience

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking along those lines to as a lot of the money spent was i belive on regular maintenance brakes clutch windshield so money spent on making it a tt car would count for a bit extra on price. Any idea on what it would cost to tt a g. . I am just not real familiar with the gallardo

UGR Gallardo pricing is here: http://www.undergroundracing.com/vehicles/...i-gallardo.html

Maybe contact them with the VIN and see if they can tell you exactly what was done to the car and when?

Unless you are specifically looking for a TT'ed car you might be better off looking at an 05 which has lift system, or 06 which has revised gearing.

Thanks again for the replies. So having the tt setup really does not affect value that much. This is good to know. I am going to check it out later this week and will see how it goes.

They do have a good reputation and they are few and far between up here in Canada. It was done a few years ago so will see how many miles have been put on it since and if we go ahead with the deal get a ppi done on it just make sure all is well. I know modded cars are usually driven hard as i have had a few and that's how i drive them. It's just hard to drive a high hp car slow.

• 4 months later...

I do not mind small mods, but I always keep the original parts.

Extremely modded cars can be fun, but if that is your thing... get a GTR, not a Lamborghini!

The general sentiment here is correct. Prestigious modification houses (UGR, Alpha, Hennessy, Ruf, etc.) have demonstrated better than average retention of value but the average is certainly something between 0% and -15%. If you are selling a heavily modded car to someone who was just about to buy one and do the same thing, you can generally get 25% of what was spent on the mods back. It hinges on a buyer loving the car's spec and the extent of modification performed.

If it is a well (and recently) modded UGR car that actually has $130k in receipts for the original mods and not several refreshes, I would say the fair market is average retail for the car + $25-40k depending how much you care about the mods themselves.

The general sentiment here is correct. Prestigious modification houses (UGR, Alpha, Hennessy, Ruf, etc.) have demonstrated better than average retention of value but the average is certainly something between 0% and -15%. If you are selling a heavily modded car to someone who was just about to buy one and do the same thing, you can generally get 25% of what was spent on the mods back. It hinges on a buyer loving the car's spec and the extent of modification performed.

If it is a well (and recently) modded UGR car that actually has $130k in receipts for the original mods and not several refreshes, I would say the fair market is average retail for the car + $25-40k depending how much you care about the mods themselves.

Side note, i’d NEVER use the word prestigious and Hennessy in the same sentence, let alone with Ruf. Maybe notorious, or publicized, not prestigious.

Mods on a car are like adding a pool to your house. You do it for you. You don’t get your money back when you sell.

Sure wont.

It might make it sell faster (or much slower) depending on the buyer. I was looking for exhaust/aftermarket nose/rims etc when I was Gallardo shopping because I knew those were all updates I wanted to do anyway.

For example: Do you think I'd be able to sell my Gallardo (mods in signature) for $120K? Because I sure don't.

Richard, stay away from this car. You will sink +$50k when the motor blows and it’s a matter of time before it blows. Find yourself a G in good shape and get a PPi done, the smarter choice is save up and get a LP560. You will find that it will need a ton less maintenance then a pre LP. Good luck!

I was thinking for the right price with all the mods it might be a good deal but still like diablos better so will continue my hunt for one. The car i was interested in is still 4 sale. Down to 90k cdn. Could be a great deal for someone stateside. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary...gationFlag=true