The dreaded phone call from Lambo

Gasman947

I have heard of this several times. The work around is to wait 6 months or so the clear bra the car. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Go see the car, take pics. AND TODAY at Lambo Austin the CEO of Lambo is hosting a private event for the grand opening of the Lambo Austin location. Call Marc and get on their list (easy) to attend. Go talk to the CEO. Seriously.

I have heard of this several times. The work around is to wait 6 months or so the clear bra the car. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Lamborghini Houston. They said they’d find a reputable body shop in Austin where it’s currently located. If not, they’d transport it back to Houston and have their people respray it.

Yeah, something doesn’t look right. Let me see if I have the regional reps contact information, I’ll send PM it to you.

My dealer called saying something to the effect of “Lamborghini is going to fix this. This happens quite often with these cars because they’re hand painted.”

My BS meter is pegged.

What really happens quite often is that cars are damaged while being shipped and transported, and get repainted at the port by Guido's Fix-All Brands. The dealers will know nothing about this since it is still in the manufacturer's hands. Most people won't notice, and the ones who do? Well, it's the dealer's job to hold hands and put out fires. That translates to: make up any story that sounds good, especially the "it's a foreign exotic built by Magic Elves in the Black Forest, what do you expect?"

I'd bet $100 that's what happened. The car was damaged during transit, it was repainted at port, and went on its way to the dealer, who knew nothing about it until the paint pulled off the car.

This literally happens *all the time*. A friend ordered a new black 488 on which *every single panel* was a different shade of black: blue-black, green-black, grey-black, with various stages of color sanding such that none of the surfaces matched. He didn't know much about paint so he didn't notice, but I did. My own 488 was so far off color on the front bumper I paid to have it repainted. It wasn't defective mind you, if Ferrari allowed a 10% variance in shade it was 9.99%, while most cars are 3-4%. Most people won't see paint abnormalities (until it pulls off the car), which is why the industry can do this as normal practice.

Thank you guys for the excellent recommendations. I spoke to the dealership today and kind of hinted at something fishy going on. They assured me that “it was probably Luigi dripping sweat into his paint job.” He insisted that this car was hand painted and they just missed it on QC. I find this interesting because I spotted the exact location of the defect the minute I got the car home and under good lighting in my garage. The XPEL guys documented the exact spot as well prior to installing any film. We both assumed the wrap would conceal the spots but it actually magnified them.

The plan is to finish wrapping the car and return it to me the first of next week. I’ll then attend my track events and drop the car off immediately after at a body shop of Lambo’s choosing in 2 weeks. At that point they’ll take the wrap off and respray the hood.

I’m torn at this point on what to do. I’ll for sure make a phone call or two to Destructo’s contacts.

If you guys recall my original posting after receiving my car, it was a video of my car being unloaded from the shipping truck and being unwrapped. This defect was either overlooked at QC or fixed at port.

My BS meter is pegged.

What really happens quite often is that cars are damaged while being shipped and transported, and get repainted at the port by Guido's Fix-All Brands. The dealers will know nothing about this since it is still in the manufacturer's hands. Most people won't notice, and the ones who do? Well, it's the dealer's job to hold hands and put out fires. That translates to: make up any story that sounds good, especially the "it's a foreign exotic built by Magic Elves in the Black Forest, what do you expect?"

I'd bet $100 that's what happened. The car was damaged during transit, it was repainted at port, and went on its way to the dealer, who knew nothing about it until the paint pulled off the car.

This literally happens *all the time*. A friend ordered a new black 488 on which *every single panel* was a different shade of black: blue-black, green-black, grey-black, with various stages of color sanding such that none of the surfaces matched. He didn't know much about paint so he didn't notice, but I did. My own 488 was so far off color on the front bumper I paid to have it repainted. It wasn't defective mind you, if Ferrari allowed a 10% variance in shade it was 9.99%, while most cars are 3-4%. Most people won't see paint abnormalities (until it pulls off the car), which is why the industry can do this as normal practice.

This sounds very plausible. My dealership may not have a clue. But they are ready to remedy the situation at whatever cost.

something doesn't sound right at all, hope it works out for you

but do all all a favor and post your vin so no one here ends up buying your car later

typical responses... from Lamborghini

My issue I have Viola SE30 - found a few paint problems and Dealer agreed not acceptable

Front nose :

1)

typical responses... from Lamborghini

My issue I have Viola SE30 - found a few paint problems and Dealer agreed not acceptable

Dealer said they would repaint the panels where its not right and blend it in. I said no to that because it would be fucked, and how do you blend in this colour?

This color cost an extra $26k aud - One would expect a little care to be taken and how does this pass inspection at factory

Front nose :

1) mounting bracket pushing out against and visible raised area - Dealer took inner guard off sent me photo's tried to re do it... but can still see it (they tried to brush this off but when another one came in for delivery and had the same exact same problem they couldnt....

2) where nose connects to guard both side have what looks like wire depression make. its in-between panel join but you can see it

3) right side rear just before wheel arch - top of panel next to crease - looks slight depression and has caused a bruising effect in the paint

4) lots of other minor things like waviness, pearl looks like shot from different angles etc.

Lambo Rep comes out and brings PPG rep - im not allowed to be there and had to drop it off

Lamborghini's response - Nothing wrong with it... PPG - paint is good

Nothing on bracket pushing on nose.

Dealer Rep - I ask what did you say to them? why did you just let them say its fine (when you agreed it wasn't)

All in all - they can say its within tolerances and unless we can prove it... we got nothing..

Really the only way they feel it is in sales.... I'm not going to buy another Lamborghini....

Im getting it wrapped but before i do this ive now got to spend $5k taking it to an expert to get a full examination done. then work out from there...

I felt like setting fire to it............. Thats how pissed I am with fcuking Car Manufacturers and their bullshit

In Aust with all our extra taxes this car cost $614k

Its my forth and last Lamborghini.... and last time i ever ordered the custom color etc.

TTz that really sucks, that’s beyond unacceptable, very sorry to hear that it spoiled your ownership experience.

How do you enjoy the car otherwise?

Guys, the non standard colors MAY BE hand painted.

TTz that really sucks, that’s beyond unacceptable, very sorry to hear that it spoiled your ownership experience.

How do you enjoy the car otherwise?

Yeah. I’ve read that the new Ford GT can’t be wrapped for a month or so after delivery. The paint needs that time to cure, or whatever, otherwise it’ll lift when removing it.

Yeah. I’ve read that the new Ford GT can’t be wrapped for a month or so after delivery. The paint needs that time to cure, or whatever, otherwise it’ll lift when removing it.

That does make sense but the Huracans get painted quite a bit of time prior assembly then you have assembly, shipping etc. the paint must be quite cured by that time, or is it because everyone hammers them at high speed after delivery and the paint cures faster LOL.

Guys, the non standard colors MAY BE hand painted.

With what? A roller from Walmart? :icon_mrgreen:

But seriously, there cannot be any hiding behind the concept of hand-painted. So what? The painter is still using an industry standard spray gun, he's using the same booth, same brand of paint, same procedure, the same QC checks etc. There's nothing inherently sub-standard about hand-painting. If there were, every body shop repair and custom paint job everywhere in the world would fall apart in weeks, many manufacturers' paint jobs would be utter crap, and the industry would not exist because the consumer would never stand for a technology that doesn't work.